May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then why would Jesus tell them in Judaea to flee?[/QUOTE]

Because He was answering the first question. When will the temple be destroyed?
The early Christians did flee and escaped the slaughter of 70 AD.

Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

A parallel study of the three Gospel accounts reveals the Abomination of Desolation.

During the time of Christ, the Jews celebrated Hanukka. He was well aware of the first occurrence of the Abomination of Desolation in the temple, when Antiochus Epiphanes set up a statue of Zeus (He had previously claimed he was Zeus) in the temple and had a pig slaughtered on the altar, during 167 BC.

Hanukkah celebrates the cleansing and rededication of the temple which occurred three years after the abomination of desolation by Antiochus in 167 BC.

Joh_10:22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter. (Hanukkah)

Therefore, Christ was predicting a second occurrence of the Abomination of Desolation in the Olivet Discourse.
Several events could be a possible desecration of the temple during 70 AD. The Roman standards were posted at the temple site. Sacrifices were made to Titus at the temple site. Also, the behavior of the zealots within the temple itself during the siege is regarded by many as a desecration of the temple.

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)
Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

Mar 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh(near).
Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

Luke’s account above clearly states that the desolation would be near the time that Jerusalem was surrounded by armies.

We know the early Christians did flee from Jerusalem before the final siege.

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
Almost all scholars agree that the verse above occurred in 70 AD.

The Abomination of Desolation has already occurred at least 2 times.

Could it occur again? Maybe...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"The early Christians did flee and escaped the slaughter of 70 AD."

So what if they did?

This is the fleeing that is still future ... at the time of the end still pending [Zechariah 14:4-5; Matthew 24:15-16; Revelation 12:6; 12:14]

The full context of Zechariah 14 is obviously a picture of the actual time of the end sill pending

70 AD was obviously not the time of the end that the Lord is projecting .... the ancient Roman incursions are not in any prophetic vision

And there is no account in scripture that tells of any first century Christians fleeing anywhere .... Josephus was one unbelieving and of Judaism ... not inspired, not biblical, and not to be relied upon for scriptural proof

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

More "days of Lot"...

Democrats offer bill to guarantee LGBT civil rights

" Congressional Democrats propose sweeping civil rights bill to protect LGBT people

The Equality Act would make it illegal to discriminate based on sexual orientation or gender identity

The protections would apply to housing, employment, public accommodations, jury service, consumer credit "

more at link

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/article28450351.html

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟361,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)
Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

Mar 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh(near).
Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

Luke’s account above clearly states that the desolation would be near the time that Jerusalem was surrounded by armies.
Not according to Daniel 12. The abomination of desolation takes place at the time of the end.

Matthew 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand )

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

Danel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

So the words of the prophecy about the abomination of desolation has been sealed until the end times, not first century - according to the text. The prophecy is shut, closed, not to take place until the end times.

Reactions: zippy2
Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The USA was created by deists and freemasons to be a totally secular nation.
The US constitution [an idol for many] is not based on God's laws in the Bible.

God is not mocked... as it says in Jeremiah, Babylon's idols are broken.

Christians have embraced the secular US constitution as an idol. The USSC
is the voice of that secular idol. So it is ironic that the USSC has used that
secular idol to usher in the "days of Noah" and "days of Lot."

God has broken the idol so that it has fallen on the idol worshipers.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
grossly antisemitic ....

I didn't realize my rant against deists and freemasons...
their secular constitution and USSC would upset Semites.

There are two jews on the USSC. Ginsburg is especially hideous.
She officiated at a sodomite "marriage" before the USSC ruling...
but then, so did George H W Bush.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chicken Little

Jun 11, 2010
mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
you all might want to study the feasts closer. because they are or have to be the keys to our instructions.
I know there is a lot that will be happening and old laws of the feasts come into play. he seems to have given me some dreams and ideas but nothing I can explain to anyone.. the feasts are starting soon study them now... before they get here. Study the book of Enoch and the laws of the feasts. these things have helped me the most to be at peace with a little bit of instructions I do have .
really being faithful to what someone else told you or told you to do or think.. doesn't make us faithful to the one who saves.
and that is who you have to be faithful too.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The tree cut down was the king, not the kingdom.

Do you read my posts before you respond ?

As I said:

Daniel 4... specifically Daniel 4:15 refers to the king of Babylon being cut down as a stump that is banded with bronze and iron
so the root [life] remains. This is prophetic symbolism of ancient Babylon being cut down
... but the root remains and comes
to life again as Mystery Babylon. The bronze and iron bands refer to how Babylon's stump is preserved through the bronze and
iron kingdoms. Now we come down to the toes of time, the feet of the image. Iron has mixed with miry clay... Mystery Babylon.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
So just for the sake of review read the OP again. Notice on the first page how it takes some time to understand and remember how in Matthew after seeing the abomination of desolation we are told to flee and not come back to collect our belongings. Now notice in the Luke version how those same instructions come right after "the days of Lot".

Luke 17:
Just as it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of Man.
They were eating and drinking and marrying and being given in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.
Likewise, just as it was in the days of Lot—they were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building, but on the day when Lot went out from Sodom, fire and sulfur rained from heaven and destroyed them all— so will it be on the day when the Son of Man is revealed. On that day, let the one who is on the housetop, with his goods in the house, not come down to take them away, and likewise let the one who is in the field not turn back.

Matthew 24:
“So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let the one who is on the housetop not go down to take what is in his house, and let the one who is in the field not turn back to take his cloak. And alas for women who are pregnant and for those who are nursing infants in those days! Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a Sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation,

Think of it like the "abomination that makes desolate" is when the "transgressors have reached their limit". Notice a Divine "limit to transgression", it's the kingdom of the transgressors not the kingdom of the 4 horns. This is not talking about a specific nation or kingdom, but instead is referring to the prevailing number or group of world wide transgressing individuals. Are we now living at the latter end of the kingdom of the transgressors when they have reached and exceeded their "limit"? Is it a specific transgression itself that makes desolate like the last straw and this causes the "taking away of the daily" by Jesus in Heaven's Temple that starts our tribulation clock? "Abomination" just means a despicable act, so it's a despicable act of the transgression of God's Law that makes desolate. Make sense?

"And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away,
and the abomination that maketh desolate set up,
there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

“So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel,
standing in the
holy place (let the reader understand), then let those who are
in Judea flee to the mountains.

set up
standing
holy place
Judea

These are just some news articles and sayings that I've Googled to help show usage of the phrases. A law can be "set up" and a decision can be made to "stand".

set up:

Set up
a business.

Set up royal commission on failing drugs laws.

Parliament to set up the Supreme Court.

Does the pope set up laws?

Ugandan Government to set up Laws for Regulating its ...

"Do you know the laws of the heavens, or can you set up their rule over the earth?" - Job 38:33

standing in:

The Supreme Court legalized same-sex marriage across the United States in a divided ruling that will stand as one of the major milestones in its 226-year history.

Supreme Court says conviction stands.

Supreme Court lets stand lower court ruling blocking $4B in payouts ...

'This decision will not stand': Republicans seek common cause against same-sex marriage.

THE holy place:

"and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God"

I believe that Daniel 7 and Revelation 12 are related, they refer to the same 1260 years. And that also these two books are not understood by the popularly recognized commentaries. There's not the space here to explain all this so I would therefore recommend that you Google the names: "Ostrogoths, Heruli, and Vandals" as these are most likely the three who were "plucked up by the roots" which began a very important prophetic time period of 1260 years. Then Google the name "General Berthier" as he was most likely partly responsible for causing the deadly head wound that ended the 1260 year time period. Read all that you can regarding these names and then decide for yourself.

People question where in the Biblical eschatology story is the United States mentioned. If Daniel 7 and Revelation 12 cannot be identified by students of Bible prophecy as having taken place during the dark ages of Europe, then America will not be recognized as the holy place or the earth who helped the woman. Additionally, since chronological order is not broken in Revelation 12 until Revelation 14:5, it is the same vision and therefore the same "earth" that gives rise to the second beast from chapter 13 who some believe to be the end time Antichrist.

A "place prepared by God" is a Holy Place. In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue, there were four blood moons and God was opening up a new continent. A flood was spewing forth from the dragon's mouth but with the help of men like George Washington and Abraham Lincoln a holy place, the earth would be made ready to help the woman after 1260 years of Papal persecution came to an end in 1798. The first nation on the planet complete with a "Bible belt" was to be born when it was previously illegal to be caught with one. In 1776 God opened up a new nation. Prior to this in the dark ages of Europe, entire villages of Christian men, women and children had no religious freedom and were burnt at the stake more often than not for reading or owning Bibles. This was the dragon chasing the woman and these estimated 75 million or more Christian martyrs would become the 5th seal souls beneath the alter. Lucifer was the hand that used the early church as a glove which hit the woman very hard during the middle ages.

THOSE WHO ARE IN Judea:

The Hebraic du Tillet version of Matthew reads like this:

24:16 "then let them which be in Judah flee unto the mountains"

Think of "Judah" as in "Lion of the tribe of".

Those who are in Jesus:

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself,
unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless
you abide in me.
I am the vine;
you are the branches.
Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.
If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

“I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you,
that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one,
I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me,

may be with me where I am
, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me
may be in them, and I in them.

From another member:

"Is it possible that the lion represents the Lion of the tribe of Judah, who is Christ, who now lives in me as the temple of God?"
(end quote)

"then let them which be in Judah flee unto the mountains"

In Judah?

The Lion of the tribe of Judah?,

"I am in the Father and the Father is in me"

"I am in my Father, and you IN me, and I IN you"

them which be IN Judah

flee unto the mountains

them which be IN Jesus

--> Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath.

"And from the time that the regular burnt offering is taken away and the abomination that makes desolate is set up, there shall be 1,290 days

“So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judah flee to the mountains.

"And at the latter end of their kingdom,
when the transgressors have reached their limit,
a king of bold face, one who understands riddles, shall arise.

In EXACTLY 1290 days after June 26, 2015 when the United States became the 21st country to make legal same sex marriage, there will be a solar eclipse followed by a blood moon. These two eclipses also have a sort of unique spacing of days with the solar and lunar eclipse that were part of the tetrads that we've just passed through.

The first location on the planet to witness this darkening of the sun begins on Sabbath Day January 5 at 11:34 PM. The last location to see this eclipse end will culminate on Sunday Jan 6 at 3:48 AM.

This makes it impossible to know the day or the hour.

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=6&d1=26&y1=2015&m2=1&d2=6&y2=2019

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/solar/2019-january-6

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2019-january-21

Reactions: AlasBabylon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So just for the sake of review read the OP again. Notice on the first page how it takes some time to understand and remember how in Matthew after seeing the abomination of desolation we are told to flee and not come back to collect our belongings. Now notice in the Luke version how those same instructions come right after "the days of Lot".

Luke 17:
Just as it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of Man.
They were eating and drinking and marrying and being given in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.
Likewise, just as it was in the days of Lot—they were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building, but on the day when Lot went out from Sodom, fire and sulfur rained from heaven and destroyed them all— so will it be on the day when the Son of Man is revealed. On that day, let the one who is on the housetop, with his goods in the house, not come down to take them away, and likewise let the one who is in the field not turn back.

Matthew 24:
“So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let the one who is on the housetop not go down to take what is in his house, and let the one who is in the field not turn back to take his cloak. And alas for women who are pregnant and for those who are nursing infants in those days! Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a Sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation,

Think of it like the "abomination that makes desolate" is when the "transgressors have reached their limit". Notice a Divine "limit to transgression", it's the kingdom of the transgressors not the kingdom of the 4 horns. This is not talking about a specific nation or kingdom, but instead is referring to the prevailing number or group of world wide transgressing individuals. Are we now living at the latter end of the kingdom of the transgressors when they have reached and exceeded their "limit"? Is it a specific transgression itself that makes desolate like the last straw and this causes the "taking away of the daily" by Jesus in Heaven's Temple that starts our tribulation clock? "Abomination" just means a despicable act, so it's a despicable act of the transgression of God's Law that makes desolate. Make sense?

Thank you for understanding my topic post.... the fact that in Luke the "days of Lot"
is substituted for the "abomination that makes desolate" in Matthew and Mark tells me
they are one and the same.

Upvote 0