Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Being more efficient with my time is a goal of mine too. I spend so much time being bored of being bored sometimes... You know when you're so bored that the suggestion of absolutely anything is just a "no"? Lol

Lol!! Yep, been there!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In reading Proverbs 6, these verses stood out for me, and powerfully so:

1 My son, if thou be surety for thy friend, if thou hast stricken thy hand with a stranger,
2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
3 Do this now, my son, and deliver thyself, when thou art come into the hand of thy friend; go, humble thyself, and make sure thy friend.
4 Give not sleep to thine eyes, nor slumber to thine eyelids.
5 Deliver thyself as a roe from the hand of the hunter, and as a bird from the hand of the fowler.

Especially verse 5...it is basically saying that to be "obliged" to someone (even a friend) especially monetarily, can be a "trap" of the worse kind. It can cause all kinds of "compromises" and make it a "god" of sorts, as that "owing" becomes the utmost thoughts of the mind and heart. God is warning to stay away from such a situation like the plague. It leads to destruction of enormous and possibly irreversible proportions.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In reading Proverbs 6, verses 12-15 stood out for me:

"A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth. He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers; Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord. Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy."

"naughty" here is not the "cutesie", "winking" term used in describing a small child who does something benign and harmless. No, in Biblical terms it means "a man of Belial" (personification of evil). In addition, "mischief" used here is not the Tom Sawyer kind of boyish "scrapes", but it means "evil". "Frowardness" (used many times in the Bible) means "perversity".

What these verses are saying is that someone who chooses to continue willfully to do wickedly, will come to an end that is sudden and with no remedy (because they repeatedly rejected it).

These verses tie right into these:

proverbs-6-16-19.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In reading Proverbs 6, these verses stood out for me:

Very WISE words and guidance. It's like saying to "cling tightly" to these words and never, ever forget them or let them go or be careless and "lose" them.

For they are a TREASURE.

21862515f96b5ba6fffaba71e87a1dd9.jpg

Upvote 0

faith33

Aug 4, 2016
canada
✟15,213.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
20 Young man, obey your father and your mother.
21 Take to heart all of their advice; keep in mind everything they tell you.

What does one do if they were raised by a narcissist atheist? Who despises Christians most? Who wants you to obey and lay down your life for them, at the expense of your own? Do you still obey them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Theunissa

Sep 5, 2016
South africa
✟15,654.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These are some powerful verses in chapter 6, verses 16-19...

whoa! it says that God hates these things:

16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

And how many of these do we do daily. Especially is Christians

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
And how many of these do we do daily. Especially is Christians

Thank God for His inexplicable grace, amen?

His grace and His mercy is mightily available to anyone (including us, His own) who repents, amen?

It is written that He LONGS to pour it on ALL of us when we repent. Reminds me of the prodigal son. What did the father do when he saw his son in the distance?

He rannnnnnnnnnnnn.

TO him.

Precious.

(by the way, thank you for posting....i needed to meditate on this very thing again..)

Upvote 0