Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the women who were strong and kind had much better run households then the ones who did not. They worked hard and did so much. They complimented their men and were praised and made to feel well about themselves. The proverbs 31 woman was truly remarkable in every way.

Yes and my favorite proverb is proverb 31:25 because it talks about the virtuous woman not being worried about the future because God will help her carry on. Also proverbs 31:28 talks about a woman being blessed by her children for her fruitful work.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pro 31:8 Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction. 9 Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.

A virtuous woman; Pro 31:26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. 28 Her children arise up, and call her happy.
I also like proverbs 32:25 where it states that a virtuous woman is not afraid of the future that her path is set in motion!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 31:

A Godly woman.
534403008_d2dc370a0c_s.jpg
"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
" ~Proverbs 31:10

I LOVE how God Himself describes a Godly woman. He gives her, her "due". This verse especially describes how very blessed this entire family is, and what a profound blessing she is to her husband and children, and how this Godly woman is blessed in return, by not just her children, but also her husband.

"Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her." ~Pr 31:28

Her children shall rise up and her husband also, and praise her. This, my friends, is a "standing ovation". Is that not DELIGHTFUL, or WHAT??!!

This ties right in with this verse:

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting." ~Gal 6:7-8

When we sow unto Godliness, especially into our family's lives, we reap blessings and good things, through even our children. Our entire FAMILY is BLESSED.

How delightful is THAT???!!!

Prov_31-28_Chalk_Floral_Web.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pro 31:8 Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction. 9 Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.

A virtuous woman; Pro 31:26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. 28 Her children arise up, and call her happy.

I love proverbs 31:28 about how a fruitful woman is commended by her loved ones!

Upvote 0

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:heart: i LOVE all of Proverbs 31.

It is perhaps one of the most profound, confirming, and descriptive chapters and God's very own description of a Godly woman.

She is full of wisdom, and kindness, and strength, and is a blessing to her husband and her children and household,. and they rise up and call her bless-ed, in essence, giving her a standing ovation.

Precious.

6bbf3a804e0457d15121241f8b74434a.jpg
proverbs-3128-29.jpg

Attachments

• proverbs rubies.jpg
    proverbs rubies.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Women-of-Valor-Rahab.jpg
    Women-of-Valor-Rahab.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 42
Upvote 0

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Proverbs 31 is a treasure of God's own description of a Godly woman:

proverbs+31+vers+28.jpg

Proverbs 31 is when God set apart a woman and a woman of virtue and uses the woman of Godly principles to uplift in his name!

Also I love this proverb because it sums up how a woman is respected when she lives by faith.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 31 is when God set apart a woman and a woman of virtue and uses the woman of Godly principles to uplift in his name!

Also I love this proverb because it sums up how a woman is respected when she lives by faith.
Great chapter, Proverbs 31!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 31:

The Fear Of God.
AKA: A Wise Woman.
AKA: A Woman Of God.

The woman who fears God is wise. In "fearing God", she fears nothing else. That is why she can be unafraid about the future:

"She is not afraid of the snow for her household:" ~Pr 31:21

This woman is wise because she has embraced and understands this:

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." ~Pr 9:10

"Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness." ~Pr 31: 25-26

She "walks with God", in "wisdom" (the fear of the Lord). That is why she "opens her mouth with wisdom".

PROVERBS 31 FEAR OF THE LORD.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SWIll
Upvote 0

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink: Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted” (Pro 31:4-5 KJV).

We see much about drinking alcohol in the Book of Proverbs. Most of it is directed at the fool who either doesn’t know, or doesn’t care, what liquor can do to them. The passage in Proverbs 23:29-35 is the most complete picture of drunkard available in the Word of God.

But in this passage, the subject is kings. Now, this is not to say that a king cannot be a fool, but this is likely spoken by a mother to a young prince Lemuel that would one day become a king as a warning to heed. Lemuel ascribes his wisdom to what his mother had taught him.

A king, in order to rule his domain, must always have full access to his reasoning abilities. He cannot be impaired in his judgment, for he may be called upon at any time to render a judgment that will affect the lives of the people. Kingdoms have been overthrown because of liquor.

What of Ben-hadad and the thirty-two kings that were with him, who were defeated at the hands of Israel, because they were drunk (I Ki 20:16-21); or Belshazzar and his drunken feast, when the handwriting on the wall appear and his kingdom was lost that very same night (Dan 5:1-5, 25-28). Further, “Blessed art thou, O land, when thy king is the son of nobles, and thy princes eat in due season, for strength, and not for drunkenness!” (Ecc 10:17 KJV).

Christian, whether you be a preacher or a Christian worker, you also need to have sound judgment and sobriety for you may be called upon at any moment to render spiritual aid to a lost man, or advice to one in need of a clear word from the Lord. God says that you too need to be ready at any moment: “Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation” (1 Thes 5:6-8 KJV).

Someone might be thinking, “Whew! That leaves me out! I’m neither a king nor a prince!”

John, writing to the seven churches in Asia, to the pastors first, and through them, to the saints, wrote:

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen” (Rev 1:5-6 KJV).

Father, impress upon us the great responsibilities that You have placed upon us that name the name of the Lord, teach us through Your Word that we can only accomplish what You would have us do through a sound mind and good judgment. Use us in Your service as we are filled with Your Spirit, and not drunk with wine. Amen.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink: Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted” (Pro 31:4-5 KJV).

We see much about drinking alcohol in the Book of Proverbs. Most of it is directed at the fool who either doesn’t know, or doesn’t care, what liquor can do to them. The passage in Proverbs 23:29-35 is the most complete picture of drunkard available in the Word of God.

But in this passage, the subject is kings. Now, this is not to say that a king cannot be a fool, but this is likely spoken by a mother to a young prince Lemuel that would one day become a king as a warning to heed. Lemuel ascribes his wisdom to what his mother had taught him.

A king, in order to rule his domain, must always have full access to his reasoning abilities. He cannot be impaired in his judgment, for he may be called upon at any time to render a judgment that will affect the lives of the people. Kingdoms have been overthrown because of liquor.

What of Ben-hadad and the thirty-two kings that were with him, who were defeated at the hands of Israel, because they were drunk (I Ki 20:16-21); or Belshazzar and his drunken feast, when the handwriting on the wall appear and his kingdom was lost that very same night (Dan 5:1-5, 25-28). Further, “Blessed art thou, O land, when thy king is the son of nobles, and thy princes eat in due season, for strength, and not for drunkenness!” (Ecc 10:17 KJV).

Christian, whether you be a preacher or a Christian worker, you also need to have sound judgment and sobriety for you may be called upon at any moment to render spiritual aid to a lost man, or advice to one in need of a clear word from the Lord. God says that you too need to be ready at any moment: “Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation” (1 Thes 5:6-8 KJV).

Someone might be thinking, “Whew! That leaves me out! I’m neither a king nor a prince!”

John, writing to the seven churches in Asia, to the pastors first, and through them, to the saints, wrote:

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen” (Rev 1:5-6 KJV).

Father, impress upon us the great responsibilities that You have placed upon us that name the name of the Lord, teach us through Your Word that we can only accomplish what You would have us do through a sound mind and good judgment. Use us in Your service as we are filled with Your Spirit, and not drunk with wine. Amen.

Amen! Praying in agreement.

This verse also comes to mind:

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" ~1 Pet 5:8

Thank you and God bless you for your edifying study and meditation.

A very blessed and Happy New Year to you.

Upvote 0

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
This has been my verse for the New Year for the past 42 years:

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:13-14 KJV).

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This has been my verse for the New Year for the past 42 years:

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:13-14 KJV).

Amen!! Excellent verse, and timely.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 31:

Beautiful, healing promises.
AKA: Nothing to fear.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." ~2 Tim 1:7

"in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength:" ~Isa 30:15

God's promises are true, and "confidence" IN God and thus His promises, rids us of the fear that grips so many. Therefore we do not "dread" the future, but instead of fear and dread, we have the "joy of the Lord", which is our "strength".

And we know that the "joy of the Lord" is the "generator" of a "merry heart", which is just like a "medicine", in that it not only "healing" for the one with the merry heart, but it is healing for those blessed by it.

I won't go into "endorphins", but they are delightful "troops", fighting the good fight, right from our Creator, aren't they? Not only do they "fight the good fight", but they also "shield" us, almost like that "hedge of protection" that God placed around Job, don't they?

These verses come to mind:

"for the joy of the LORD is your strength." ~Neh 8:10

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine:" ~Pr 17:22

iu

• Friendly
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 31:

Fearing God.

When we fear God, we do not fear man, nor man's many rumblings, including the "hopelessness" and utter despair coming from man's mouth (news headlines, etc.) that we are bombarded with constantly.

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 31:

No Fear.
AKA: No Fear of the Future.

This is a TIMELY reminder, as we are constantly BOMBARDED with doom and gloom and a tsunami of negativity DAILY, throughout the day, and before we go to sleep.

There is a REASON that a Godly woman who believes in the living God, is so un-shake-able and can laugh in spite of what i just described above.

And THAT is because our GOD is un-shakeable. He changes NOT.

And He is BIGGER than all the doom and gloom and hopelessness that is poured out like toxic sludge and assaults our ears, our minds, our hearts, and our spirits.

There is a REASON that our God admonishes us to "bring it ALL to Him" and LEAVE it there, and to FOCUS on HIM.

And the wise woman of God DOES.

And that is why she can do as this verse below says:

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 31:

Trusting God.

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." ~Pr 31:25

When we trust God, we do NOT "fear the future". In addition, He fills us with His joy, and it strengthens us, as it is written. Therefore we can laugh with no fear of the future.

"the joy of the LORD is your strength." ~Neh 8:10

iu

Upvote 0