Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Honor thy father and thy mother.

Proverbs 27:

This is basically saying to not shame your father or mother. It also means not to shame God. For our enemy the accuser goes before God constantly to accuse us to Him, just like he did with Job, in the Old Testament. Therefore our mind and heart-set should be in tune with whether we are bringing shame to our mother or father or to our God, our heavenly Father.

9e8711d238d3a6326759fac21881ae34.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 27:

Anti-blessings.

storm.gif~c100
Neither is it a "blessing" or kind or "friendly" to impose obnoxiousness on a "friend" (or anyone). It's known as "disturbing the peace", and it's also against the law.

The bottom line is, that a "friend" would not come to your house early in the morning and yell loudly outside your window, disturbing not only your neighbors, and their dogs, that commence to barking, and disturbing your family or you, and claiming that they mean to "bless" you.

They're not.

In essence, this person is imposing "anti-blessings" on his "target", and that is you and your household AND your neighbors and their critters who most likely will begin barking up a ruckus. Imposing chaos and misery on a "friend" or anyone is never ever a "blessing".

And God calls it as He sees it. He sees into the heart and motives of each of us. Consequently, this obnoxious person, who is NOT a "friend" is pronouncing a curse onto himself. And it's because of what is in his heart. And what is in his heart is surely not to bless you or anyone.

"He that blesseth his friend with a loud voice, rising early in the morning, it shall be counted a curse to him." ~~Proverbs 27:14

This verse also comes to mind:

"As he that taketh away a garment in cold weather, and as vinegar upon nitre, so is he that singeth songs to an heavy heart." ~Proverbs 25:20

And this one:

"If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? " ~James 2:15
quiet-please-people-sleeping-mandatory-signs-106058.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
upload_2017-4-27_17-31-33.jpeg

this green monster looks out to get someone...
12 A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions.
The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
View attachment 195397

this green monster looks out to get someone...
12 A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions.
The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

LOL! yes, he looks kinda' menacing.....and yes it would be best to foresee that danger and avoid it.

Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
7 A satisfied soul loathes the honeycomb,
But to a hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.

This reminds me of thankfulness, and that it is very difficult for a rich or wealthy person to be thankful or appreciate their many blessings, but how a poor person appreciates even what others may disregard or discard and be thankful for it.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This reminds me of thankfulness, and that it is very difficult for a rich or wealthy person to be thankful or appreciate their many blessings, but how a poor person appreciates even what others may disregard or discard and be thankful for it.

Yes, i agree.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
so true...

23 Know the state of your flocks,
and put your heart into caring for your herds,
24 for riches don’t last forever,
and the crown might not be passed to the next generation.

4febc4405f780e395069aed50c5333b9.jpg
This reminded me of the flocks of sheep and lambs on the hills in Wales. I think they were all well looked after...

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Interrupted by God.

Proverbs 27:

"Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth." ~Proverbs 27:1

Wow, this verse brought to mind the rich man with all of his full to overflowing barns and his utter self-satisfaction. Didn't God tell this rich man that his soul would be required of him that very night? He was "boasting about tomorrow" and had no idea that God had different plans for him. The bottom line is that all that he had, including his plans, were not his from the gitgo. They were God's.

"We must be ready to allow ourselves to be interrupted by God...we must not assume that our schedule is our own to manage, but allow it to be arranged (re-arranged) by God." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

6d3689034376ab9cff08f8aee93bb08b.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
12 A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself;
The simple pass on and are punished.

18 Whoever keeps the fig tree will eat its fruit;
So he who waits on his master will be honored.

That's soooooo true....the prudent/wise man discerns/sees evil (recognizes it for what it is) and has the wisdom to "hide" in God, our Defender and Protector, and GOOD Shepherd, Whose rod and staff is ready for any ol' evil out there.

So take THAT, evil. If you gots sumthin' to say to me, you tell it to my Shepherd, cuz you gotta go through HIM to gets to me.

Amen.

fa622369fbfc6b0b2e8aec1300c2b216.jpg

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's soooooo true....the prudent/wise man discerns/sees evil (recognizes it for what it is) and has the wisdom to "hide" in God, our Defender and Protector, and GOOD Shepherd, Whose rod and staff is ready for any ol' evil out there.

So take THAT, evil. If you gots sumthin' to say to me, you tell it to my Shepherd, cuz you gotta go through HIM to gets to me.

Amen.

fa622369fbfc6b0b2e8aec1300c2b216.jpg
Amen brinny.

Upvote 0