Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 19:

Unshaken.

"There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling." ~Ps 91:10

God's promises are as SURE as the sun that rises each and ev'ry morning, even when we can not see it on any particular morning.

It is SURELY there.

So are His promises, to those who fear Him and love Him, and bow down (their own self-will) before Him (for there is NO ONE like Him, is there? And He is "worthy", is He not?) He promises to bless us, and with those blessings are His favor and His peace, and His joy, and His rest. There is NO "worrying", or "anxiety" or "what-if's", for there is NO "sorrow" with it. NONE.

We are therefore "un-shaken" by ANYTHING.

Amen?

"The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil" ~Pr 19:23

iu

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 19:

God's Blessings.

"And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God." ~Deut 28:2

God intends to bless "us" when we give generously and without expecting anything in return, especially when the recipient of our giving cannot POSSIBLY "re-pay" us. God has His eye on "us" when we do so, for His intent is to pour out blessings that can NOT be contained on to us, our families, and our households.

It is because we BLESS and DELIGHT God's very heart when we give so joyfully and freely. We can NOT "out-give" God. As a matter of fact, God will "chase us down" and "overcome" us with His blessings, when we delight in God, and His Word, and His love "in us", is the motivation behind our "giving".

it gets even MORE interesting when we give "anonymously".

Hahahaaaa! How DELIGHTFUL is THAT???!!!

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Giving.
"He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord; and that which he hath given will He pay him again." ---Proverbs 19:17

Giving and generosity defines a heart that is likened to a heart that adores and delights in the living God. For just as our God is a "Giver", so then are we, who love Him and have hearts that are transformed from stone to flesh, as it is written.

Our hearts are in sync with God's heart, in that we become "cheerful" givers, for it "delights" us to give and to bless others because God dwells within us.

How delightful is THAT????!!!!

• Winner
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 19:11 A person's discretion makes them slow to anger. It is a glory to overlook an offense.

A big Amen to that!
AMEN!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Fretting.

i've done this. It's mostly when i'm discouraged, between a rock and a hard place, frustrated, or just "distant" from God (no WONDER im discouraged and exhausted, right?)

Although i don't think this verse applies to believers. It applies to mockers of God and those who have rejected God's gift of salvation and grace through His Son, Jesus.

And i suspect God knows the difference. There is a differen kind oc "fretting" from a tired, weary, and grumpy child of the Most High God, and the "fretting" from a mocker and a despiser and hater of God.

i thank GOD that He can read my heart when i "fret".

i just realized that when i fret, it's a symptom that i'm depleted of the "joy of the Lord".

And where do i get that joy from?

Our Father, that's Who.

So it's time to for me to climb up on His lap again, isn't it?

"The foolishness of man perverteth his way; and his heart fretteth against the Lord." -Proverbs 19:3

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fretting.

i've done this. It's mostly when i'm discouraged, between a rock and a hard place, frustrated, or just "distant" from God (no WONDER im discouraged and exhausted, right?)

Although i don't think this verse applies to believers. It applies to mockers of God and those who have rejected God's gift of salvation and grace through His Son, Jesus.

And i suspect God knows the difference. There is a differen kind oc "fretting" from a tired, weary, and grumpy child of the Most High God, and the "fretting" from a mocker and a despiser and hater of God.

i thank GOD that He can read my heart when i "fret".

i just realized that when i fret, it's a symptom that i'm depleted of the "joy of the Lord".

And where do i get that joy from?

Our Father, that's Who.

So it's time to for me to climb up on His lap again, isn't it?

"The foolishness of man perverteth his way; and his heart fretteth against the Lord." -Proverbs 19:3
Hi brinny, glad you posted on this thread again :)

May you have joy and feel close to God :heart:

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

SWIll

Newish
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2018
SW Illinois
✟117,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense". Prob 19:11 REV

Good advice while sheltering in place.
Wow. Sheltering in place. Don't miss that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums