Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 14:

Tearing Asunder.
AKA: Evil Compulsion.

Hatred and loathing are tied in to "self-loathing" which is a toxic component of "destructiveness" and the inability to promote ones own well-being, let alone the well-being of others, including ones own family and even ones own children. This also applies to ones own country. Tearing ones own house asunder and ones own country is in sync with a toxic and destructive heart-set and mind-set. It's like a sickness because of its toxicity, a "cancerous" sickness, coupled with an inability to embrace "good" or "light", but prefers "evil" and "darkness", calling good, evil, and darkness, light.

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" ~ Isa 5:20

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 14:

Building Up.

"Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." ~Pr 14:1

It is a bless-ed thing for us to "build our house", with the Foundation being the living God Himself. It is a solid and sure way of "blessing" our house as we ourselves are a blessing to our families and all who come and go through the doorway.

What a legacy of blessings, grace, and God's favor and protection this leaves to the generations after us.

Proverbs_14_1_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 14:

Honoring God, our Creator.

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." ~Heb 13:2

In being "generous-hearted" to the poor, it IS "honoring God". For WE are His arms, His hands, His legs, His feet, here on earth. We are pouring out God's grace from the inside-out, when we minister to the poor, the homeless, and the struggling. We DELIGHT and BLESS His very heart when we do so.

In addition, what comes to mind for me, is how, unbeknownst to us, we are sometimes ministering to "angels unawares", who are in the most unlikeliest of "disguises".

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 14:

Peace.

For me, "peace" means "blessings coming out of my ears". Peace has always been elusive to me, and i'm sure tied in to the insomnia that i suffered from, and still do at times. I also suffered from anxiety disorder with the symptoms of panic attacks, etc.

Now all of the above ties in to the "be still" verse, and it was the very thing that i could NOT do, and that is to "be still".

How utterly mizzerable is THAT??!!

I have good news though. God has been with me on my journey to "peace" and learning to "be still". He is faithful. He is, like a loving Father, taking me by the hand and steadying and "quieting" my heart, mind, and soul, as the insomnia and restlessness dissipate more and more.

I guess my point is, that one of God's most precious blessings is the "peace" that HE alone grants us. It reminds me of the "peace" that Jesus had on that boat with the disciples, as the storm raged on that tumultuous sea, and as He "slept", undisturbed.

Thank you Father giving me what i was unable to obtain myself, and that is YOUR peace.

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 14:

Only God Can Know Our Heart (and the deepest recesses of it).
iu
There may be many who surround us in various ways, and can on a certain level, comfort and encourage us, yet it is rare if not impossible for any to understand what really is deep in our hearts, and the pain and wounding, thereof.

Only GOD Himself can truly understand what is deep deep in the inner recesses of our heart, and our soul. And only the living GOD can minister to what is there. He "reads" every part of our heart, even that which is hidden, even from our own consciousness. God "sees" it. And THAT is what He responds to.

THAT is why He is defined as the God of ALL COMFORT. And THAT is why He is defined as our Healer.

And I'm forever-and-a-day thankful that He is.

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 14:

Wisdom And Discernment.

God is GOOD, in that He "equips" us, His own, with wisdom, discernment, and discretion. He gives us "warning signs", literally, during our journey, and in those chapters of our life, that can be full to overflowing with chaos, confusion, and a barrage of evil and rebellion from friends, acquaintances, and even family and loved ones.

What does God tell us to DO in those circumstances?

He tells us to LEAVE their "presence".

This quote comes to mind from Lisa Nichols, a survivor of inexplicably "mountainous" circumstances:

"I was willing to love some people from a distance." ~Lisa Nichols

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 14:

Peace.

"A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones." ~Pr 14:30

Peace is priceless. It can NOT be bought. Only GOD can fill us with peace, HIS peace, that is beyond measure. It "boosts" our immune system, amongst other things, and thus, DOES give "life" to our bodies.

mod-6.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 14:

Tearing Asunder.
AKA: Evil Compulsion.

Hatred and loathing are tied in to "self-loathing" which is a toxic component of "destructiveness" and the inability to promote ones own well-being, let alone the well-being of others, including ones own family and even ones own children. This also applies to ones own country. Tearing ones own house asunder and ones own country is in sync with a toxic and destructive heart-set and mind-set. It's like a sickness because of its toxicity, a "cancerous" sickness, coupled with an inability to embrace "good" or "light", but prefers "evil" and "darkness", calling good, evil, and darkness, light.

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" ~ Isa 5:20

iu

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 14:

Peace.

For me, "peace" means "blessings coming out of my ears". Peace has always been elusive to me, and i'm sure tied in to the insomnia that i suffered from, and still do at times. I also suffered from anxiety disorder with the symptoms of panic attacks, etc.

Now all of the above ties in to the "be still" verse, and it was the very thing that i could NOT do, and that is to "be still".

How utterly mizzerable is THAT??!!

I have good news though. God has been with me on my journey to "peace" and learning to "be still". He is faithful. He is, like a loving Father, taking me by the hand and steadying and "quieting" my heart, mind, and soul, as the insomnia and restlessness dissipate more and more.

I guess my point is, that one of God's most precious blessings is the "peace" that HE alone grants us. It reminds me of the "peace" that Jesus had on that boat with the disciples, as the storm raged on that tumultuous sea, and as He "slept", undisturbed.

Thank you Father for giving me what i was unable to obtain myself, and that is YOUR peace.

iu

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SWIll

Newish
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2018
SW Illinois
✟115,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Proverbs 14:11 The house of the wicked shall be overthrown; But the tent of the upright shall flourish.

I like how it contrasts "house" with "tent".

"If we have food and clothes, we will be content," I think it says somewhere.
Yup.

• Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0