✟10,272.00
Country
Bulgaria
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi,
I make YouTube videos. I need editing software to edit them. Currently I cannot afford Premiere Pro, so I use Olive. I know Davinci Resolve is the best free software compared to the biggest flagmans, but the company name kinda make me to stay away from this program. Blagmagic design is the name of the company.
I know it’s just name and maybe it is type of joke, paraphrased or something but just the name is keeping me away to install the software.
I know nothing about black magics or something. Maybe I sound stupid, maybe the whole post is stupid. But what are your thoughts on this?

HatedByAll

Changed by the Grace of God
Sep 13, 2019
Southeast
✟61,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As far as I know the term "Black Magic" has nothing to do with Satanic (Black) "Magic." The term is used because of the problem with dynamic range of cameras. Pulling up shadows and pulling information from blown highlights are two important parts of processing images. Black magic in this case is just implying that the software works like magic in pulling information out of shadows. Nothing more.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The bibliography of the Wikipedia article on the company has a couple of interesting articles on its history and philosophy. It sounds quite good to me. He's trying, and to a significant extent he's succeeding, to democratize the industry.

Upvote 0

BlueMints

Dec 16, 2020
New Jersey
✟15,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi this is 5 month apart, but I'm gonna open this forum up again, if that's ok with the guy that started this Forum! but I'm looking into DaVinci Resolve, They have worked with Hollywood and Netflix and these Film Makers are very far away from Christianity. I looked up online what does "Black Magic" mean in the Movie Industry, and no offense but Black Magic isn't a term used by Film Makers at all. DaVinci Resolve is being used by Big Names in the Movie World that are unchristian. Black Magic Design, they might be Anti-Christian or they may not be. It maybe satanic. It's pretty sketchy DaVinci Resolve is made by a company called Black Magic Design anyway.

Upvote 0