usa
✟15,833.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
my 16 yr daughter is very explosive like this morning we mention to her about spitting in my cup of tea we didnt yell at her but it was wrong so she says it was meant as a joke that i cant take jokes anyway how should i have approach the issue i was angry ; please i need advice :pray:

dovespirit

Oct 30, 2012
usa
✟15,833.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
yes my daughter is 16 very rebellous when i try talking to her about any issues she reverses it and thinks im against her ; she cant communicate wth me wthout breaking things yelling and threating me ; we go to counseling shes on meds for depression ;intermitten explosive disorder oppitionsitinal defience disorder adhd ;i have a heck of a time getting her to take her meds ; when we see her phsichirist she denies everything she does ;a yr ago she use to use me as a punching bag;now she orders me around and calls me filthy names ; have you tried taking him to a therapist or a counselor ? maybe that would help him ;mine has anger issues ; i pray that god helps you wth this problem ;i know exactly how you feel

Upvote 0

jehoiakim

Servant
Jun 24, 2011
New Jersey
✟17,202.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
meds like ritalin and prosac are known to cause violence and sometimes suicidal behavior in some. I am not saying the drugs are doing it for sure, but I would certainly have mus suspicions. I would start by trying to get her of the drugs.

I would ask her questions that show you care. like, "How can I love you better." "How can I show you that I care more about you."

Instead of more pointed questions that point out her flaws, these more positive questions will build a positive foundation. If your questions are going to put her on the defense and she will explode then perhaps you need to try just to rebuild your relationship before you can get too involved and to specific with your concerns. Perhaps you can raise some of your concerns by waying the pros and cons of different choices, tell her you are not going to stop her from a choice, but let her understand that you are not trying to control her but to help her. Sadly many kids don't get that. As a teacher I can tell you that is a frustration to me almost on a daily basis.

Upvote 0