• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Daniel 11

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by greekgal, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollinTHUNDER

rollinTHUNDER Veteran

+8
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Frank,

Now this would be a great miracle! Can you imagine what the headlines would read that day? "Israel surrounded and attacked by the North Pole." Maybe santa and his little elfs will participate in this war? Maybe Grandma really will get run over by that reigndeer after all. :scratch: :help:  :p :D

2. Brian45

Brian45 Senior Member

+147
    Christian
    Single

Now thats interesting , eskimos attacking israel on dog sleds , I wonder how they will perform in the sand .

3. LastDazed

LastDazed New Member

+0
    Well, the Bible does say that the Battle of Gog and Magog would be fought with bows, arrows, spears sheilds and Jeavelins.

That sounds right up the eskimos alley.

When was the last time the Russians engaged in a  military strike with bows and arrows anyway?

They'd better brush up, if the Bible says they'll be using those weapons against Israel.

4. Brian45

Brian45 Senior Member

+147
    Christian
    Single
    Eskimos doing battle against Israel ? now that I would like to see .            :D

5. Frank

Frank New Member

+0
    You mean eskimos can't participate in your prophetic fantasies?  That's a first...finally a race of people that is not part of God's plan for Armageddon!

6. LastDazed

LastDazed New Member

+0
    If your theory is correct, you will!

The bible does say after all, that All Nations would come against Israel.  

Unless of course you believe the Eskimo's have some sort of exemtption from being included in "all nations".

7. Patmosman_sga

Patmosman_sga Member

+3
    Protestant
    Gives new meaning to the saying, "Cold day in H---," doesn't it? :D 

8. Brian45

Brian45 Senior Member

+147
    Christian
    Single

From a preterist point of view that's a very interesting statement , I must look up my history and find out when the Australian aborigine , the American Indian and the eskimos attacked Israel  .              :rolleyes:

9. Brian45

Brian45 Senior Member

+147
    Christian
    Single

Good one Patmos .                    :D

10. Brian45

Brian45 Senior Member

+147
    Christian
    Single

Eskimos can participate if they update their equipment , maybe they will have geneticly modified dogs , or jet propelled sleds , who knows  ?                      :)

And I wouldn't laugh at what rollin thunder said , check this  :

Revelation 11
    <SUP>9</SUP>Then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations will see their dead bodies three-and-a-half days, and not allow<SUP>[1]</SUP> their dead bodies to be put into graves.<SUP> 10</SUP>And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them, make merry, and send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.

&nbsp;

Yep , sending gifts to one another&nbsp;&nbsp; (&nbsp; christmass&nbsp; ?&nbsp;&nbsp; )&nbsp; we may yet see santa clause involved in this&nbsp; .&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; :)

11. Tallyn

Tallyn New Member

+0
    Christian
    You are assuming the Aborigines and American Indians have always existed as a nation.

First off, I would state that tribes are not nations.
    Secondly, it is quite possible their civilizations arrived in the world much later than 70AD, for example.

Tallyn

12. Brian45

Brian45 Senior Member

+147
    Christian
    Single
    &nbsp;

What ever you think .&nbsp;&nbsp; You thought it so it must be correct ,&nbsp; right&nbsp; .

13. Frank

Frank New Member

+0
    I don't think HE thought it...it's common sense. Tribes are tribes, not nations.&nbsp; The USA is not a tribe..it's a country made of people from various nations.&nbsp; Your argument is ridiculous...

14. Brian45

Brian45 Senior Member

+147
    Christian
    Single
    I wasn't the one who stated all nations .

15. LastDazed

LastDazed New Member

+0
    &nbsp;

Perhaps, I wouldn't know. Why don't you ask a preterist?

&nbsp;&nbsp;
    Never happened.

However the Bible also says that during Pentacost, there were Jews in Jerusalem from Every nation under heaven:

Acts 2:5, "And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews&nbsp;devout men, out of every nation&nbsp;under heaven."

Just to be consistant in your hermeneutic, shouldn't you also check your&nbsp;history books to confirm the presense of Jews from Australia and the Americas&nbsp;in Jerusalem at that time?

The Bible interprates itself brother. We don't need Rand-McNally to do it for us

16. LastDazed

LastDazed New Member

+0
    &nbsp;

No you weren't.

The Bible does however, and the Bible is "self evident" as to what "all nations" means.

Again, we don't need Rand-McNally to tell us that.

17. Brian45

Brian45 Senior Member

+147
    Christian
    Single
    Who is Rand-McNnally , iv'e never heard of that name , and please don't tell me he's an eskimo .&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; :)

18. coastie

coastie Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!

+45
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Ha ha... Rand McNally makes atlases.

I believe that Russia is the land from the North mentioned a few times throughout the Bible.

Russia does have good relations with Hussein, whic is definately cause for worry. Also keep in mind that so does North Korea (at least that's what I've heard, but I've heard that disputed as well.)

19. LastDazed

LastDazed New Member

+0
    &nbsp;

Is that your best shot?

No response to the substance of my post?

Oh Well, I guess I shouldn't be supprised coming from someone who's never heard of&nbsp; Rand-McNally.

Feel free to take a stab at a lucid rebuttal anyway:

Were their Chinese Jews in Jerusalem at Pentacost, as Acts 2:5 would seem to suggest?

That's assuming you&nbsp;have heard of "lucid" before.

20. Brian45

Brian45 Senior Member

+147
    Christian
    Single
    You can ask me a thousand questions but i'm not speaking to you smarty pants .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.