✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.” - Psalm 37:5

The following letter was written by a young Communist to his girlfriend breaking off his relationship with her because of his commitment to the Communist cause. The letter was given to the girl’s father who had the letter published.

“We Communists have a high casualty rate. We are the ones who get shot and hung and ridiculed and fired from our jobs and in every other way made as uncomfortable as possible. A certain percentage of us get killed or imprisoned. We live in... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: The Committed Man

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.” - Psalm 37:5

The following letter was written by a young Communist to his girlfriend breaking off his relationship with her because of his commitment to the Communist cause. The letter was given to the girl’s father who had the letter published.

“We Communists have a high casualty rate. We are the ones who get shot and hung and ridiculed and fired from our jobs and in every other way made as uncomfortable as possible. A certain percentage of us get killed or imprisoned. We live in... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: The Committed Man

How very tragic and empty and blind. The very "leaders" and originators of the communist party do not live the same ways nor sacrifice the same as the letter-writer. In essence, he was part of a "cult" to the nth degree and "feeding" those very ones and giving them more and more power, yet these same "leaders" would never sacrifice their lives for "them". How utterly blind and tragic and dehumanizing.

I do get the point about "commitment", however what was in that letter demonstrated a tragic blindness.

We dedicate and commit our very lives to One Who "DIED" for us.

The movie "1984" comes to mind.

A very thought-provoking study and meditation brother.

Thank you and God bless you on this cold-ish Wednesday November morning, that is ushering in Thanksgiving.

BOOT ON HUMAN FACE Orwell.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
How very tragic and empty and blind. The very "leaders" and originators of the communist party do not live the same ways nor sacrifice the same as the letter-writer. In essence, he was part of a "cult" to the nth degree and "feeding" those very ones and giving them more and more power, yet these same "leaders" would never sacrifice their lives for "them". How utterly blind and tragic and dehumanizing.

I do get the point about "commitment", however what was in that letter demonstrated a tragic blindness.

We dedicate and commit our very lives to One Who "DIED" for us.

The movie "1984" comes to mind.

A very thought-provoking study and meditation brother.

Thank you and God bless you on this cold-ish Wednesday November morning, that is ushering in Thanksgiving.

View attachment 245624
Brinny, I do believe we are living 1984 now. Hope you have a blessed Wednesday!

• Informative
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Brinny, I do believe we are living 1984 now. Hope you have a blessed Wednesday!

i agree.

Have you seen that movie.

A speaker on James Dobson's Family Talk radio program yesterday said that we are living in tyranny. And they played his message from 1982. It was uncanny how he described these dynamics back in 1982.

The speakers name was Dr. Francis Schaeffer.

A most blessed Wednesday to you too, brother.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
i agree.

Have you seen that movie.

A speaker on James Dobson's Family Talk radio program yesterday said that we are living in tyranny. And they played his message from 1982. It was uncanny how he described these dynamics back in 1982.

The speakers name was Dr. Francis Schaeffer.

A most blessed Wednesday to you too, brother.
I have not seen 1984, but have read about it. We are living in tyranny. Here is a video that I recommend all Christians watch to prepare for the end times:

NWO: Secret Societies and Biblical Prophecy Vol. 1

It is very enlightening. In Christ alone!

• Informative
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have not seen 1984, but have read about it. We are living in tyranny. Here is a video that I recommend all Christians watch to prepare for the end times:

NWO: Secret Societies and Biblical Prophecy Vol. 1

It is very enlightening. In Christ alone!

Thank you. I will watch it.

It also is an urgent call to pray pray pray. There's spiritual warfare raging.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. I will watch it.

It also is an urgent call to pray pray pray. There's spiritual warfare raging.

God bless you.
Agreed. That video will take you through the spiritual warfare that is occurring right before our eyes, but most will never see it. Time is very short before it will be eternally too late for many. Agree, keep praying like souls depend on it, because they do. In Christ alone!

• Agree
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Agreed. That video will take you through the spiritual warfare that is occurring right before our eyes, but most will never see it. Time is very short before it will be eternally too late for many. Agree, keep praying like souls depend on it, because they do. In Christ alone!

i agree brother. Times are urgent, and spiritual warfare is rapidly advancing.

Speaking of souls, this song comes to mind. Yes, let's keep praying.

Upvote 0