Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Uh huh... and you were fine with the unconfirmed, foreign-sourced rumors of the Steele Dossier being plastered all over newsmedia with no interference.
Not everything in the dossier has been confirmed, but a lot of it has. And no far, nothing has been falsified. Do you have a point here?
But when it comes to a news story that may reflect negatively on Biden... oops, the FBI can't verify it
As you learned, some has been adding things to it and removing data that might verify who did it. Not hard to figure out what was going on. This is why your guys are so shy about telling us what's actually on it.

You're really making it too easy for me at this point.

Upvote 0

lifepsyop

Jan 23, 2014
✟57,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not everything in the dossier has been confirmed, but a lot of it has. And no far, nothing has been falsified. Do you have a point here?

"One of the findings of the 2019 Inspector General's report related to conflicting accounts of sourced content in the dossier. When Steele's Primary Sub-source was later interviewed by the FBI about the allegations sourced to them, he gave accounts that conflicted with Steele's renderings in the dossier and implied that Steele "misstated or exaggerated" their statements."

You are fine with questionable, foreign sourced material circulating freely if it damages Trump. But if there is something questionable that damages Biden, then of course you would like the FBI to please step in and censor it before Americans can hear about it... to "protect democracy", of course.

None of this is very mysterious. It's a very common thing in history for people to weaponize their institutions in order to crush political opponents.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

(someone disagreed with Steele's conclusions)

That's it? I think you just proved my point for me.

You are fine with questionable, foreign sourced material circulating freely if it damages Trump.
You seem to be inventing positions for me, again. For example, I note that the suspicion that Putin got compromat on Trump in a sexual encounter hasn't bee verified, while other material has been verified.

But if there is something questionable that damages Biden, then of course you would like the FBI to please step in and censor it before Americans can hear about it... to "protect democracy", of course.
And you invented another one. If you don't like my opinions, that's still not license to make up other opinions and claim I hold them. As you might have notice, I've repeatedly asked someone to step up and show us what's on that laptop and to demonstrate how it is proven to be linked to Joe Biden. So far everyone changes the subject when I do that. It appears that someone wants to hide the facts, but it's not me.

It's not like the ongoing IG investigation into Trump having the IRS go after his enemies:

Trump sought to have political opponents investigated by IRS: report

Former President Donald Trump attempted to weaponize the Internal Revenue Service and repeatedly asked his former chief of staff to have the agency investigate his political opponents, a new report found.

Trump’s White House chief of staff, John Kelly, told the New York Times that his one-time boss demanded him to “get the IRS on” former FBI director James Comey and his deputy Andrew McCabe after the men criticized him.

The revelation comes after Comey and McCabe were selected for a rare and intense audit by the IRS in the years following Kelly’s departure, the newspaper reported.

None of this is very mysterious. It's a very common thing in history for people to weaponize their institutions in order to crush political opponents.

Common for dictators and wannabee dictators to do that. Hence Trumps attempt to weaponize the IRS. But we still have a democracy, and now it is likely to come back and bite him.

Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
They don't care if you notice as long as you don't do anything to stop it. They expect retirees to complain about the sad state of world affairs from the comfort of their homes. They expect the workers to be too busy working trying to make ends meet to do much else. They expect to do what they want to society with impunity. Keep voicing your opinion and voting to stop the organized transition of your country from what it was to what it is becoming. By the time a critical number of people realize it's time to act it will be too late as they will no longer have the means to resist. We may already be past that point.

God is in control, but it might not be pleasant to live through. Dekulakization was pretty rough.
Canada is a large country. I have explained to people, many times, that getting a worth while protest going in Canada, is near impossible. We are too spread out. Our population masses along a very lengthy border with the US. Our views are too varied.

Well, in February 2022 that happened. A sight for all generations to see. Canadians got together on a issue that touched everyone and they all went to Ottawa.

Our "leader" tried to slough it off as radical minorities.. Then tried to name call them as he hid. Then he got scared.... Nothing like this is supposed to happen.

So, he invoked the "Emergencies Act" without merit. He was scared and he is a narcissistic, entitled, rich brat who has got away with everything, even in his political career.

Now, he is on trial. Nothing will happen, to him, that should or would to a normal civilian for doing far less.. But, I do believe that his career is over. The Liberals will not put him on the ballot in the next election....

In the end.. the protest... worked.

Upvote 0

NinjaPirate777

Nov 11, 2022
Omaha
✟10,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Canada is a large country. I have explained to people, many times, that getting a worth while protest going in Canada, is near impossible. We are too spread out. Our population masses along a very lengthy border with the US. Our views are too varied.

Well, in February 2022 that happened. A sight for all generations to see. Canadians got together on a issue that touched everyone and they all went to Ottawa.

Our "leader" tried to slough it off as radical minorities.. Then tried to name call them as he hid. Then he got scared.... Nothing like this is supposed to happen.

So, he invoked the "Emergencies Act" without merit. He was scared and he is a narcissistic, entitled, rich brat who has got away with everything, even in his political career.

Now, he is on trial. Nothing will happen, to him, that should or would to a normal civilian for doing far less.. But, I do believe that his career is over. The Liberals will not put him on the ballot in the next election....

In the end.. the protest... worked.
Did it work as in checkmate, Canadians won and now Canada will stop its Clown World policies and sanity will return, or did the protest work as in a pawn was sacrificed and the game moves on? If Trudeau, Trump or Biden lose their jobs and the policies continue regardless of who is in charge then the problem, and solution, does not involve replacing political hacks. If voting does not change policies regardless of who wins elections, then voting is not the solution to the problem. Comfortable pensioners who cry about the political situation are reticent to admit the reality of the situation. A hostile elite is running things and pushing an agenda that probably is not in our best interest.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Did it work as in checkmate, Canadians won and now Canada will stop its Clown World policies and sanity will return, or did the protest work as in a pawn was sacrificed and the game moves on? If Trudeau, Trump or Biden lose their jobs and the policies continue regardless of who is in charge then the problem, and solution, does not involve replacing political hacks. If voting does not change policies regardless of who wins elections, then voting is not the solution to the problem. Comfortable pensioners who cry about the political situation are reticent to admit the reality of the situation. A hostile elite is running things and pushing an agenda that probably is not in our best interest.
The protest was against the "mask mandates" and a very questionable "app" called the "arriveCan" that people had to use to get back into Canada. It was not trusted as it asked for a lot of personal information.

Both... were ended.. So, even though Justin tried to time it so that it looked like the protest did nothing... It did exactly what was intended.

He looks real bad for envoking our "Emergencies Act" and is being investigated right now.

If all that comes out of that trial is Justin either resigning or being told to step down by his party... it's a huge win.

Trudeau, like it or not, just proved that Canadians, however divided, will come together and PEACEFULLY... show that they will not have any of this Klaus Schwab nonsense.

I don't know what happens after this though.. A woman who is a leader in Canada at helping political parties select their leaders.. stated that nobody wants the job.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, I would say that is a problem for democracy, when neither side is willing to accept elections that don't go their way. And perhaps something that American people need to be honest about. We don't trust each other, and why should we at this point?

What I am pointing out is that Leftists/democrats spent four years immersed in extreme election denial of President Trump, screaming about the illegitimate nature of his presidency every day... whether it was the myth of Russia "hacking" the election, or a more vaguely defined conspiracy theory about Russia..

Those notions aren't so far fetched. Anybody with any familiarity with Russia would know that. Russia uses propaganda, espionage and deception at all levels of strategic planning, including international politics.

Upvote 0