gwithoutr

Enlightenment - it's not a dirty word...
Jul 10, 2007
✟15,217.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ALL of God's Power comes through His Son by means of His Holy Spirit.

Inanimate objects have NO POWER AT ALL, demonic or otherwise--beyond what misguided human beings falsly attribute to them.

To pretend they do have any power is to make them an idol which is a serious sin.

Period.

ephraim

according to you ;)

What about the cross? is that not idol worship? What about the bible? does that have power? hhmmm...

Upvote 0

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Where do you get that ALL of Gods power comes through His son? I have never heard such a thing! So before Jesus God had no power....hhmm

Re-read s l o w l y what was written--"All God's Power comes through His Son by means of His Holy Spirit."

ephraim

Upvote 0

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why cant the positive power of the Crystal be from God? After all I have posted the verse from Revelations that mentions the Glory of God as individual Crystals mentioned by name. It is His creation - it is in His power.

Crystals are mentioned throughout the Bible--most expecially in Revelations--for their beauty. THERE IS NO MENTION IN THE BIBLE OF THEM HAVING ANY TYPE OF POWER--GOOD OR EVIL. Such ideas are New Age foolishness and have no place in Christian beliefs.

ephraim

Reactions: ladyt28
Upvote 0

InHisPeace

Alive and free
Sep 29, 2005
Australia
✟11,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
AutumnSnow said:
When you are convinced of their powers, and it will not take long if you use them for any length of time, you start to form a connection to it.
Oh, definitely!!
Right now I am wearing my beautiful Jade and Carnelian crystal bracelets, as well as a rose quartz necklace, and I definitely feel a strong connection with all three of them.
When I wear them I feel positive and reflective on the incredible Creator who designed them.

They are very powerful, and beautiful, reflecting light all the time.

Upvote 0

VindicatedPoet

Feb 2, 2007
✟7,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The question comes down to, if they have "power" why can they not be used as tools to help us meditate on God and His Word.

Saying that nothing has power except through the Holy Spirit is said in ignorance. I've witnessed things first hand, and the things you claim are "powerless" are powerful and are used every day against God's kingdom and just because you say or believe they do not have power and dont take them serious, then that is your misguidance. You are in need to come out of your shelter and see what the world for what it is. God is all powerful, yes, but if we step out of our place... those "powerless" items become a huge threat.

Now if you are to say when compared to God's power, those demonic things are powerless, then yes I would agree. But demonic powers and things to be taken very seriously.

Besides the fact... If God created herbs in which have natural characteristics that HELP us. God made them with a purpose. Did you know that the root word of pharmacy is greek for wiccan? So how is it right to use herbs as means to help us and be considered wrong to use in the same way?

Upvote 0

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The question comes down to, if they have "power" why can they not be used as tools to help us meditate on God and His Word.
Given that they have no power--beyond what misguided individuals naively ascribe to them--they are no help, but rather a great hinderance in that they distract us from connecting and utilizing the REAL source of Spiritual Power in the Universe--God through His Holy Spirit. WE NEED NO TOOLS TO HELP US MEDITATE ON GOD AND HIS WORD. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS GIVEN TO US TO AID US IN DOING. Thinking an inanimate object like a crystal can be a connecting tool to God's Spiritual reality is a satanic delusion--#1. The crystal has no such power; #2. No tool beyond an open, cleansed, and prayerful heart is needed in the first place.

Saying that nothing has power except through the Holy Spirit is said in ignorance. I've witnessed things first hand, and the things you claim are "powerless" are powerful and are used every day against God's kingdom and just because you say or believe they do not have power and dont take them serious, then that is your misguidance.
Satan and his minions are defeated and powerless just as darkness is powerless against the light. Perhaps, as someone--J.B. Phillips, i think--once observed, "YOUR GOD IS TOO SMALL."

A BOND-SLAVE OF CHRIST,
ephraim

Upvote 0

gwithoutr

Enlightenment - it's not a dirty word...
Jul 10, 2007
✟15,217.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ephraim it is rude to capitalize your letters on the internet - it means you are yelling.
When I read your posts Ephraim I see a religious extremist, nothing wrong with that, just doesn't make you right because you say you are in very large bold letters ;)
Since your very narrow view of life and creation is that there is no power outside of Jesus, would you stick your hand in a flame? Would you go into a field holding a metal rod in the air in a thunderstorm? Would you go out in the sun in the middle of summer and sun bake without sunscreen on? Would you sit on the edge of a live volcano? Would you stand in the way of a tsunamis? Since nothing has power on this earth except through Jesus Christ you should be ok ;)
No matter what you say ephraim, Crystals have power....why? Because they have been created with it - yes, by Jesus Christ. It's ok though Ephraim, if you don't want to have crystals and acknowledge the creators wisdom, then don't - you don't have to speak against our creators work like you do with such aggression though.
I will pray for you Ephraim, and your obvious anger issues...may Jesus soften your hardened heart - Peace, love, and the grace of God be with you.
Thats the last I will say on the matter - even Jesus knew when to stop talking when it came to extreme religious people...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I will pray for you Ephraim, and your obvious anger issues...may Jesus soften your hardened heart - Peace, love, and the grace of God be with you.
Thats the last I will say on the matter - even Jesus knew when to stop talking when it came to extreme religious people...

As a member in good standing of the angry religious extremists guild, i hereby grant you permission to pray that our Lord will soften my hardened heart--
PROVIDED YOU DON'T USE ANY SATANIC NEW AGE PARAPHERNALIA SUCH AS CRYSTALS IN THE PROCESS.

IN THE PEACE, LOVE, AND GRACE OF GOD,
ephraim

Upvote 0

VindicatedPoet

Feb 2, 2007
✟7,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
How offensive... I would like to think more of you ephraim, provided you are my brother in Christ. Bro, I love you despite your beliefs and I am not going to step down the road of throwing condemnation at you.

All I have to say is, you may want to question your attitude and also how you are bolding everything and think about how it will make us feel. You think that being "high and mighty" and treating us like we did not even deserve your advice be effective for us? The idea is humble advice, not condemnation. Like I said earlier. And think about how our Lord would go about this. Knowing Christ and my relationship with Him, He has never once come off like you have tonight.

If I am wrong, then please pray for me. Pray for the Lords guidance on my heart, as I am doing for you now, brother.

God Bless

Upvote 0

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
How offensive... I would like to think more of you ephraim, provided you are my brother in Christ. Bro, I love you despite your beliefs and I am not going to step down the road of throwing condemnation at you.

All I have to say is, you may want to question your attitude and also how you are bolding everything and think about how it will make us feel. You think that being "high and mighty" and treating us like we did not even deserve your advice be effective for us? The idea is humble advice, not condemnation. Like I said earlier. And think about how our Lord would go about this. Knowing Christ and my relationship with Him, He has never once come off like you have tonight.

If I am wrong, then please pray for me. Pray for the Lords guidance on my heart, as I am doing for you now, brother.

God Bless

In truth i do thank you for your prayers, but i just can't get around the ungodly nature of your crystal fixation. Like any heresy, it needs to be refuted. Hopefully, i have attempted to do so with a little humor.

MAY YOU BE BLESSED,
ephraim

Upvote 0

VindicatedPoet

Feb 2, 2007
✟7,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

In truth i do thank you for your prayers, but i just can't get around the ungodly nature of your crystal fixation. Like any heresy, it needs to be refuted. Hopefully, i have attempted to do so with a little humor.

MAY YOU BE BLESSED,
ephraim
I respect that. Just keep in mind that I'm looking into this with lots of prayer. So far I do not believe He has asked me to stop, He may later. For all I know this may lead me to a group of people that really need Christ. That's what I am thinking about in the long run.

About your refutation, there is truth to what you say that there is only power through Christ. I agree with you and believe that with all my heart.

Thanks for being honest! I love being prayed for too. Never can get enough of perfecting myself in Jesus Christ.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

VindicatedPoet

Feb 2, 2007
✟7,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
As far as Crystals go.

Seems like its pooled to either its satanic and wrong, if put that way.

They are just rocks.

Or there is a possibility that Christ created them with natural powers.

Now lets look into what would be biblically wrong in the use of crystals. Keep in mind that anything you rely on more than your relationship with Christ is wrong, so even watching TV more than you are watching your walk, is wrong. The act of watching TV is not wrong, but the consumption is.

So can anyone tell me, provided we are following the original question. Biblically where could we run into problems?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hizlamb

Depends on my mood
Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
✟7,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I will say I only read a portion of this thread..a big portion..but nonetheless not all of it..so

Let me say this..

Im inna inbetween spot here becuz of my background, and the last 8 years of my life. Which, if youd like to know my background thats kewl, I will share if it helps.

I work with essential oils. I love them, got familiar with them, and have faith in GOD for their healing attributes. God created everything ..yes. But satan will take it and twist it, fer sure.

I make healing blends with my oils. I have very high blood pressure and rapid heart rate. I do not take medicines anymore, I have learned how to use something God created to my benefit. My problem is consistancy..lol Anyway..Crystals, gems, stones fall into this closely..

ASIDE from the issue that you cant rub a rock into yer tissues. Well, I guess you could try, but have neosporine handy. My point being..the oils I use are also used in many wiccan rituals...sadly enuff. I have to be very careful where my spirit is sometimes (this reason relating to my background)

With oils, you use them bodily. Bath, massage, compress..etc

With stones, you have to use your "mind". Hence ..your tripping into a spiritual battle right there.

No, I dont believe stones have power. They are rock..lol Everything has energy..including a sweater fresh outta the dryer. So when it shocks the crap outta me my first thought isnt to get down and rub it more and pray my heart slows down..

God created things for our purpose. For healing, such as oils. Biblically, He wants our MINDS and HEARTS and SPIRITS entrusted and focused on HIM. If you look to crystals for power, that focus isnt where it should be.

Followin me here? Pry not..If I confused Im sorry and will try to explain better...

God bless

Upvote 0

1Newcreation

Veteran
May 5, 2006
E. Coast USA.
✟17,078.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I work with essential oils. I love them, got familiar with them, and have faith in GOD for their healing attributes. God created everything ..yes. But satan will take it and twist it, fer sure.

God created things for our purpose. For healing, such as oils. Biblically, He wants our MINDS and HEARTS and SPIRITS entrusted and focused on HIM. If you look to crystals for power, that focus isnt where it should be.

God bless

I also use natural herbal products for various physical complaints and I praise God for them as I no longer have to take synthetic prescribed medicines. This is along similar lines of what you are saying about the oils, I actually have a couple of those too.

Now I don't look at these things in no other way than a natural medication that God directed and led me to use.

Now if I light sage brush leaves and waft it through my house chanting some weired prayer believing it has some kind of spiritual cleansing effect. (pagan ritual) This then would be an example of how satan can use something God created and deceive us into believing the object has the power and by praying to it, with it, relying on it etc...offers spiritual protection or healing etc....

As you said already God did create everything, but satan can sure twist it all around.

"God wants our MINDS and HEARTS and SPIRITS entrusted and focused on HIM."

Exactly, I totally agree.

And I just think people need to be very careful about having that mindset, 'Oh it's natural, God created it and so it must be ok' mentality.

Hey we may aswell say God created the grapes that makes the wine so go ahead and drink till your hearts content. Marijuana is natural, God created it, hey go ahead and indulge in that too.

There are balances to be had, lines not to be crossed.
And I think this can apply to the whole chrystal and gemstone view aswell. Definitely caution is needed.

Proverbs 3:7-8 "Do not be wise in your own eyes, fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones."

:) 1newcreation

Upvote 0

hizlamb

Depends on my mood
Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
✟7,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I also use natural herbal products for various physical complaints and I praise God for them as I no longer have to take synthetic prescribed medicines. This is along similar lines of what you are saying about the oils, I actually have a couple of those too.

I hear ya..I use herbz also, I mix in some of my oil blends. If I was loyal to the routine it takes, Id be in much better shape more often. But like everything else in my life..I continually fall short.

Now I don't look at these things in no other way than a natural medication that God directed and led me to use.

Ditto :)

Now if I light sage brush leaves and waft it through my house chanting some weired prayer believing it has some kind of spiritual cleansing effect. (pagan ritual) This then would be an example of how satan can use something God created and deceive us into believing the object has the power and by praying to it, with it, relying on it etc...offers spiritual protection or healing etc....

Yep..and annointing candles in essentials and simply "praying" can be miscontrued easily (wiccan ritual) into hexing and etc...I once had a lady claim she snuck in and "checked on my spirit" using her 'rocks'. Man..talked about ticked off..you aint seen it..lol

And I just think people need to be very careful about having that mindset, 'Oh it's natural, God created it and so it must be ok' mentality.

Hey we may aswell say God created the grapes that makes the wine so go ahead and drink till your hearts content. Marijuana is natural, God created it, hey go ahead and indulge in that too.

AMEN!

There are balances to be had, lines not to be crossed.
And I think this can apply to the whole chrystal and gemstone view aswell. Definitely caution is needed.

Proverbs 3:7-8 "Do not be wise in your own eyes, fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones."

:) 1newcreation

Couldnt agree more :)

God bless

Upvote 0

hizlamb

Depends on my mood
Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
✟7,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They arent..thats what we are sayin..

Oils, herbs, 'creations' designed by God that CAN be used medicinally..yes they exist. Only keep your mental state within Gods boundaries..

Again..Crystals hold no more energy than a staticy blanket outta the dryer..

Might be prettier tho..lol

Upvote 0