VindicatedPoet

Feb 2, 2007
✟7,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey!

Before I begin my question, I want to clarify ahead of time that I am not talking about crystal balls or anything similar to that. I am talking about simple rocks such as quartz, moonstone, obsidian, etc.

With that said, I am wondering if crystal meditations are wrong and if the belief that certain crystals can help the body, mind, and spirit.

Recently I have been pondering this subject and have prayed about it. Actually I asked God for help in my relationship with my girlfriend and I had moonstone on my mind. Bothered and curious, I looked up this stone and what it does. For a readers digest version of this crystal, it can assist in helping relationships. (VERY basically said by me).

Since then I have purchased a small moon stone I carried around tonight. Today Erin and I had a horrible day... we have been at each other's necks for a couple months now and I really want to make us work because I know we do (been together for over a year now and I changed because of certain circumstances and I'm just trying renew myself). Since I have bought this crystal and have kept it on my person, I actually feel at ease and way more flexible when it comes to my relationship with Erin. Of course this has been only one night, but it appears it's effect is already really great.

Are crystals wrong?

I thought about it some more and I've come to the conclusion that they are not, within reason. Crystals are used in magic, which dabbling in such things would be wrong, but herbalism is not bad unless you are creating potions and what not.

Thinking about it scientifically and correlating energy and God... If we are all composed of atoms and atoms have certain types of energy. And the energy that flows through our body, both our own and of God, which I consider Christianised Chakra. Could the crystals which have certain atoms that are also in our body actually stimulate (in helpful ways) our body, mind, and even soul? Also, if God is in everything and he put different crystals and stones throughout the world, could their use be similar to that of herbalism and generating natural medicines, only the crystals could simply used to help us? Everything God created has a purpose, so is it so wrong to look at using crystals as helpful tools for us to use so wrong?

Just curious as to other's opinions. Thoughts?

Reactions: Zvelsxip

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's all New Age stuff. Crystals are crystals, nothing more. They have no powers or healing properties.

The "if God is in everything" bit is a deception. A Christian without any training in what Eastern philosophies teach will think that means God's omnipresence which is Biblical. Someone with a background in New Age/Eastern thought will think that refers to pantheism, which is heretical in Christianity. God is distinct from His creation. He is not in it, but it points to Him, as a painting points to the artist.

Reactions: sinneD
Upvote 0

Solidlyhere

May 6, 2007
near San Francisco
✟17,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If the OP wants to believe that Crystals have some healing ability, then good for him. I have friends who have magnetic bracelets, for its (now proven to them) healing ability. And, an Aunt who has a copper bracelet and says it helps her Arthritis. Believing in healing is a powerful thing. So, have Fun with your crystals. I hope you find the healing you are looking for.

Upvote 0

vespasia

Franciscan.
Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
Back
✟51,490.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Its simply a rock. a pretty to look at but nevertheless a rock.

Now communication itself is what can truly help a relationship not a rock, if in pondering about rocks you have started communicating in a real diaologue that in of itself can improve a relationship (or even help to begin one) but once the focus has been shifted from a person to a think then your heading into dangerous waters.

You have asked God for help which is positive but when asking God always test the answers that come to God can use symbols as a means of communication but he rarely means a person to 'go get the symbol' itself more the hint behind it.

Crystals as they were created are simply a part of this wonderous creation we live in. When we equate spiritual meaning or turn them into idiols then the meanings we give them are wrong.

Reactions: micbmac
Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hey!

Before I begin my question, I want to clarify ahead of time that I am not talking about crystal balls or anything similar to that. I am talking about simple rocks such as quartz, moonstone, obsidian, etc.

With that said, I am wondering if crystal meditations are wrong and if the belief that certain crystals can help the body, mind, and spirit.

Recently I have been pondering this subject and have prayed about it. Actually I asked God for help in my relationship with my girlfriend and I had moonstone on my mind. Bothered and curious, I looked up this stone and what it does. For a readers digest version of this crystal, it can assist in helping relationships. (VERY basically said by me).

Since then I have purchased a small moon stone I carried around tonight. Today Erin and I had a horrible day... we have been at each other's necks for a couple months now and I really want to make us work because I know we do (been together for over a year now and I changed because of certain circumstances and I'm just trying renew myself). Since I have bought this crystal and have kept it on my person, I actually feel at ease and way more flexible when it comes to my relationship with Erin. Of course this has been only one night, but it appears it's effect is already really great.

Are crystals wrong?

I thought about it some more and I've come to the conclusion that they are not, within reason. Crystals are used in magic, which dabbling in such things would be wrong, but herbalism is not bad unless you are creating potions and what not.

Thinking about it scientifically and correlating energy and God... If we are all composed of atoms and atoms have certain types of energy. And the energy that flows through our body, both our own and of God, which I consider Christianised Chakra. Could the crystals which have certain atoms that are also in our body actually stimulate (in helpful ways) our body, mind, and even soul? Also, if God is in everything and he put different crystals and stones throughout the world, could their use be similar to that of herbalism and generating natural medicines, only the crystals could simply used to help us? Everything God created has a purpose, so is it so wrong to look at using crystals as helpful tools for us to use so wrong?

Just curious as to other's opinions. Thoughts?
Been there and done that, crush, smash, and throw out.

I found them one day, and I could feel the warmth within them, just two cyrstals, where all the other crystals were cold.

Now I was told that they affect your charkras, so I plodded along with them, and not really thinking of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Then one day, a dear old mentor friend, said crush, smash and throw them out.

Well, I did that, and my health and life improved, and I began to see our Lord Jesus Christ in all His Glory.

Get rid of them and don't just believe they are just a piece of rock, because they are not, they are part and parcel of the kingdom of darkness.

Upvote 0

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Been there and done that, crush, smash, and throw out.

I found them one day, and I could feel the warmth within them, just two cyrstals, where all the other crystals were cold.

Now I was told that they affect your charkras, so I plodded along with them, and not really thinking of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Then one day, a dear old mentor friend, said crush, smash and throw them out.

Well, I did that, and my health and life improved, and I began to see our Lord Jesus Christ in all His Glory.

Get rid of them and don't just believe they are just a piece of rock, because they are not, they are part and parcel of the kingdom of darkness.

:amen:
AMEN!

THIS IS THE TRUTH--WELL SPOKEN!

ephraim

Upvote 0

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Since when has 'the kingdom of darkness' been able to create a rock?

It can only steal and attempt to relabel what God has made.

YES, this is true! The point was--that in the case of crystals, Satan tries to make them out to be more than they were created by God to be--thus making them into an idol rather than a mere lump of hard stuff. What is to be smashed is our mis-perception of them which has been created in our minds by the Evil One.

ephraim

Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Since when has 'the kingdom of darkness' been able to create a rock?

It can only steal and attempt to relabel what God has made.
V, you walk your path, and I walk mine.

You know much, and I know just as much. Don't try to make out that I don't know what I am talking about.

I've given a Christian some good advice who is dabbling in the kingdom of darkness, and you come along and try put doubt in their mind.

What you call rocks is your belief, what I call crystals is crystals, and I only talk from experience.

The poster can make up their own mind, whether they believe that what they are dabbling with is the kingdom of darkness.

You can believe whatever you like, but please don't think in anyway that I believe half the stuff that you say, because I don't.

If I say something that so happens to be true, don't try to make me out as though I don't know what I am talking about. I resent it, and you know it!

Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Spiritual Danger Involved

Crystals and gemstones are not bad. God created them and we can enjoy their beauty just as we can enjoy the beauty of other things that God has created. However, when one associates some magical power with crystals and gemstones, a problem arises. This is especially true when the philosophy underlying one’s view of crystals denies the Christian understanding of God and replaces Him with a god that is an impersonal universal force or energy that can be manipulated for our purposes. As Christians, we should avoid beliefs that contradict essential Christian beliefs, and therefore spiritual discernment is vital.
Unfortunately, not all proponents of New Age healing techniques identify these techniques as New Age. Instead of referring to the mystical flow of energy on which their techniques are based as chi or prana, which would identify their practices with eastern mysticism, they often use terms such as energy or bioenergy. This ambiguity of language can lead undiscerning Christians to become involved in New Age health practices without suspecting their danger. For this reason, Christians should take the time to become informed and learn some of the many names by which these concepts and practices are known.
Not every practice presented as an option for gaining health and wellness is what it seems; some are actually far more harm than good. Randall Baer was a prominent expert on crystal healing and wrote one of the most respected books on the subject. But eventually Baer discovered the harmfulness of his involvement with crystals, and after becoming a Christian came to this conclusion:
Seeing from the eyes of a Christian now, I realize that if Jesus had wanted us to use crystals for healing or spiritual reasons, surely He would have brought up the subject clearly in His teachings. The New Testament does not show the apostle Peter, Paul, or John holding a crystal to their third eye to pray or to tune into Universal Intelligence or for any other purposes whatsoever. Crystal power applications in the New Age invariably are involved with scripturally forbidden practices, either explicitly or implicitly. This is the ultimate and irrevocable flaw. Instead of being crystals of light, they are actually yet another glossy New Age millstone.7
If you are wearing a crystal with the belief that it will in some way empower or heal you, it is time to realize that you are really wearing what Baer calls a “glossy New Age millstone.” This millstone can pull its user away from the true understanding of Almighty God and into the dangerous New Age lie.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Crystal Healing/Crystal Work

Definition: The use of a supposed "power" inherent within crystals for healing, developing psychic abilities, spirit contact, and other new age goals.

Founder: Unknown: but similar practices (e.g., the use of amulets and other magical stones or gems) have been employed for millennia.

How Does it Claim to Work?: Crystals supposedly contain the ability to focus and direct psychic energies for healing and other practices.

Scientific Evaluation: Discredited.

Occultic Potential: Psychic development; spiritism.

Major Problem(s): Crystals per se have no magical powers and easily become an implement behind which spirits can work.

Biblical/Christian Evaluation: Forbidden on the basis of occultic usage.

Potential Dangers: Misdiagnosis, occultic influences.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OP: "if crystal meditations are wrong and if the belief that certain crystals can help the body, mind, and spirit."

This verse supports not putting any value in crystals -
2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Upvote 0

vespasia

Franciscan.
Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
Back
✟51,490.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
You can believe whatever you like, but please don't think in anyway that I believe half the stuff that you say, because I don't.[/qoute]

I believe the phrase is 'ditto'. I have trained formally to 'give' advice but more importantly than that is this.

I AM a follower of Christ no matter how unwell that sits with some here.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Crystal Healing - What's wrong with it?
Is there anything wrong with crystal healing? While there's nothing inherently wrong with crystals by themselves, there is something wrong when it is used for healing or as a charm to keep you from harm. One issue would be that it could be harmful to your body physically. For instance, if you stopped taking medication prescribed for your illness, because you have placed your faith in crystal healing, you risk dangerous consequences to your health. It can be dangerous spiritually, since this is a practice that calls upon powers to heal that are not from God. People put their hope in a crystal to heal them, or even the "crystal healer", who "channel" and rely on the crystals to teach and heal. Unfortunately, they are relying on spiritual sources for the healing. Even if they claim that they are using the crystal to direct physical energy flow to help bring balance, it is rooted in the spiritual realm, meaning there is some source working behind it. Ultimately, this is considered an occult practice, which God clearly tells us to stay away from.

God doesn't want us to participate with these practices because it draws us away from Him and we begin to trust in spiritual sources other than Him. At its core, crystal healing is a form of mysticism, witchcraft, and occult practices. Jesus never used crystals to heal and it wasn't encouraged anywhere in the Bible. Crystals are talked about in various verses, but not as a form of healing or for energy balance. Instead, these scriptures tell us not to participate in any forms of sorcery, witchcraft, divination, etc… Some scripture references include:
  • Mediums and "Spiritists" (Leviticus 19:31, 20:6; Acts 16:16-21)
  • Astrology (Isaiah 47:13-15)
  • Magic Charms (Ezekiel 13:20ff)
  • Diviner's Wand (Hosea 4:12)
  • Sorcery (Acts 19:19)
  • Witchcraft (Galatians 5:20)
  • Magic Arts (Revelation 9:21, 21:8, 22:15)
  • Occult (Deuteronomy 18:10-12)
Crystal healing should be examined with caution. Any form of healing that contradicts Gods Word is not from Him. Overall, it's important to remember that the evil one comes as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14). However, his real motivation is to kill, steal, and destroy (John 10:10).

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Crystal Healing - What's wrong with it?
Is there anything wrong with crystal healing? While there's nothing inherently wrong with crystals by themselves, there is something wrong when it is used for healing or as a charm to keep you from harm. One issue would be that it could be harmful to your body physically. For instance, if you stopped taking medication prescribed for your illness, because you have placed your faith in crystal healing, you risk dangerous consequences to your health. It can be dangerous spiritually, since this is a practice that calls upon powers to heal that are not from God. People put their hope in a crystal to heal them, or even the "crystal healer", who "channel" and rely on the crystals to teach and heal. Unfortunately, they are relying on spiritual sources for the healing. Even if they claim that they are using the crystal to direct physical energy flow to help bring balance, it is rooted in the spiritual realm, meaning there is some source working behind it. Ultimately, this is considered an occult practice, which God clearly tells us to stay away from.

God doesn't want us to participate with these practices because it draws us away from Him and we begin to trust in spiritual sources other than Him. At its core, crystal healing is a form of mysticism, witchcraft, and occult practices. Jesus never used crystals to heal and it wasn't encouraged anywhere in the Bible. Crystals are talked about in various verses, but not as a form of healing or for energy balance. Instead, these scriptures tell us not to participate in any forms of sorcery, witchcraft, divination, etc… Some scripture references include:
  • Mediums and "Spiritists" (Leviticus 19:31, 20:6; Acts 16:16-21)
  • Astrology (Isaiah 47:13-15)
  • Magic Charms (Ezekiel 13:20ff)
  • Diviner's Wand (Hosea 4:12)
  • Sorcery (Acts 19:19)
  • Witchcraft (Galatians 5:20)
  • Magic Arts (Revelation 9:21, 21:8, 22:15)
  • Occult (Deuteronomy 18:10-12)
Crystal healing should be examined with caution. Any form of healing that contradicts Gods Word is not from Him. Overall, it's important to remember that the evil one comes as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14). However, his real motivation is to kill, steal, and destroy (John 10:10).

I agree with you:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sinneD

Jan 21, 2007
Dallas, Texas
✟15,859.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are many things that we, in today's modern society, tend to discount. For example, those old methods that "Grandma" used - chicken soup, an apple a day, feed a cold but starve a fever, etc, etc..

Before there were pharmacies on ever street corner, these methods were the cornerstone of health and healing for our ancestors. Doctors were rare and untrained.

Today we want simple solutions - we want to take one pill and feel better. But that does not invalidate those old methods of herbs, homeopathy, natural healing, and such.

But crystals fall into the same category as pyramids. Both are reputed to have powers, but thus far unproven. And we, as christians, need to be very careful, because it is a fine line between mysticism and spiritualism. We need to be discerning, very discerning.

My advice to you is this :

If you always give God the credit and place your trust and focus on Him, you will rarely go wrong. If putting a crystal in your pocket makes you feel better, fine. But be sure that you give that credit to God, and not the crystal. The crystal really has nothing to do with it. From God's perspective, it is just a rock, nothing more. Your perspective should be the same as God's.

Regardless of what it is, be sure you focus all credit and glory on God, not the "thing".

But, I could be wrong...

Dennis

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Crystal Healing/Crystal Work

Definition: The use of a supposed "power" inherent within crystals for healing, developing psychic abilities, spirit contact, and other new age goals.

Founder: Unknown: but similar practices (e.g., the use of amulets and other magical stones or gems) have been employed for millennia.

How Does it Claim to Work?: Crystals supposedly contain the ability to focus and direct psychic energies for healing and other practices.

Scientific Evaluation: Discredited.

Occultic Potential: Psychic development; spiritism.

Major Problem(s): Crystals per se have no magical powers and easily become an implement behind which spirits can work.

Biblical/Christian Evaluation: Forbidden on the basis of occultic usage.

Potential Dangers: Misdiagnosis, occultic influences.
Elijah2, thanks. That was really good.

The issue is that the powers of this world can exploit superstitions about them, and attract you into serving them when you try to get what you desire. They're exploiting your desire to get you in their service. So sure, they'll lead you along to think, "Hey, this little pebble really works!" When in actuality, they're the ones working -- and you're working for them when you do what they want.

What does it also say about hypocrisy? If you're willing to submit to the authorities that imbue a little rock with power instead of listening to the God of the Universe about your relationship?
If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations-- "Do not handle, Do not taste, Do not touch" (referring to things that all perish as they are used)--according to human precepts and teachings? These have indeed an appearance of wisdom in promoting self-made religion and asceticism and severity to the body, but they are of no value in stopping sensual indulgence. Col 2:20-23
Be honest with God instead, and you'll discover something deeper; humbling, probably, but something eternal.

Upvote 0

micbmac

Veteran
Apr 25, 2007
Texas
✟9,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A crystal is just a rock. Pretty to look at. But if you start believing that the rock has special powers, this is where you go wrong. And then you have given Satan a chance to take advantage of you. You have to know that God has the healing powers, not some rock. The crystal itself is not bad.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You can believe whatever you like, but please don't think in anyway that I believe half the stuff that you say, because I don't.[/qoute]

I believe the phrase is 'ditto'. I have trained formally to 'give' advice but more importantly than that is this.

I AM a follower of Christ no matter how unwell that sits with some here.
Great V, you have always given good advice on secular things, but your advice on Spirtual Warfare and Deliverance has caused much doubt in other Christians minds, by your continual contradicting what other experienced, mature Christians have advised, in the process of helping those who are struggling with the powers of darkness.

Read the articles then tell me that those people don't know what they are talking about as well.

Sadly, as I have said many times to Christians that self-deception causes spiritual bondage, and I can assure you that I am not in bondage to the enemy in anyway.

If the originator of this thread decides to use crystals, then all I can say is that he has been warned in honesty the seriousness of such an activity, and the consequences.

End of story!

Upvote 0