Crystal Healing

carnation

Struggling But Hopeful
Nov 27, 2003
✟183.00
Faith
Protestant
Dear all,
Hello everyone! I need some advice as recently I was given a lovely crystal bracelet which is said to be a three in one function: for health, to push bad luck away and for overall well being. As much as I would love to wear it because it looks really pretty but cannot help but feel afraid to do so. I mean if I wear it, does that not mean I am believing in it's power and thus attributing good things to it instead of God.
I did some research and found out that the crystal itself has energy within and it helps to neutralized the bad ions around us, so from a scientific pt of view, it does make sense right?

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it has nothing to do with the occult, then okay, but the occult is very dangerous to mess with. It opens you up to demonic deception - the fallen ones of old.
The Bible say that until you can wear it with faith, it is wrong to do so, so looking into it is a wise thing before committing yourself to wearing it.

Romans 14:22 The faith which you have, have as your own conviction before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

Upvote 0

ChristyP4Christ

Dec 31, 2004
✟868.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had a friend give me something along the same lines a few years ago....For many months I did not wear it at all, because one I do not believe in luck, but after much thinking I decied to bless the darn thing and wear it for it's beauty and nothing else.
As long as you are wearing it as nothing else but a pice of jewlry then I think it is okay.

Upvote 0

Ann Doupont

Veteran
Dec 25, 2004
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Carnation,

Just by your asking the question here makes me understand that you are concerned about wearing it.

If I were you (and I'm not), I would put the thing in the garbage where no one can get it. I did this with many questionable things when I was first saved.

Better to be safe than sorry.

With love,

Ann

Upvote 0

progressivegal

Jan 3, 2005
✟16,438.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Any difference you would find in your health would be psycocymatic, the placebo effect. Unless you believe it has any power, it won't. If you want to wear it because you think it's pretty, then wear it and don't worry about it. God created beautiful crystals and gave us the ability to manipulate them into pretty things to wear afterall. Your good health comes from God, and how you take care of yourself, not a crystal. Why do you think God created crystals? If the answer is because of beauty (that's what I think) than you're golden.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2004
Visit site
✟2,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
carnation said:
Dear all,
Hello everyone! I need some advice as recently I was given a lovely crystal bracelet which is said to be a three in one function: for health, to push bad luck away and for overall well being. As much as I would love to wear it because it looks really pretty but cannot help but feel afraid to do so. I mean if I wear it, does that not mean I am believing in it's power and thus attributing good things to it instead of God.
I did some research and found out that the crystal itself has energy within and it helps to neutralized the bad ions around us, so from a scientific pt of view, it does make sense right?

Hi there!

I wouldn't wear or even keep that thing for a million dollars!!!!!! I don't care if they claim that it's all scientific or not... the devil wants to make you think it's harmless so that you will bite into it. I just posted a reply the other day to somebody who read that it was scientific to move objects with your mind by charging the atmosphere around the object! That was a pure lie just to get him to 'try it'... once you try it, you open yourself up to evil spirits, because they are the ones who move the objects. If God wanted you to have crystals, He would have embedded them into your skin!

There's something called a 'dream catcher' that Indians make, and it's supposed to chase away bad dreams. The truth is, it's of the devil; my mom was given one not too long ago, but when she thought it over and chose to get rid of it, she couldn't even find it! (Reminds me of a story about a witch's board that somebody I know had, and they went to destroy it, and it kept coming back. He would burn it, cut it up into pieces, and it kept coming back to his closet!!!) Deal with cursed objects ruthlessly!!! Get rid of them!!!

I wouldn't even wear it for the beauty of it. There is such a thing as cursed objects (idols, ouiji boards, etc.), and things like rings and bracelets can also carry a curse. Curses can bring depression, fears, health problems, demons, etc. I know I read a story about a pastor praying over an oppressed person, and God spoke to him, and told him to remove the ring from her finger... when he did, the demon screamed out of the girl and told the pastor that this girl was his property! Demons are real, and they can work through things like rings, bracelets, crystals, etc.

Trust me, you don't want to land a curse on yourself just for a little thing like this!! God is the source of our health and healing, NOT a crystal!! I did a quick search online for occult crystal healing, and found a bunch of stuff (as I expected). It is directly rooted in the occult! (I wouldn't even read up on that stuff... I got in spiritual trouble for reading some stuff in the occult realm.)

The hard part is that a lot of people will get involved with cursed things or practice occult not thinking it would hurt anything; but once they get into demonic bondage and cursed, they often have a very hard time locating a deliverance ministry who can effectively help them be set free. I got myself into spiritual trouble by doing something I felt God tell me to stay away from, and when I looked for a deliverance ministry, the closest one I found was hundreds of miles away! I spent a couple years in torment (compulsive thoughts, irrational feelings, deadened emotions, horrible torment, etc. - "mental problems" as the world would call them) until I became educated on the deliverance ministry myself and learned how to break free. I read about 14" thick worth of books on deliverances, spiritual warfare and curses. From everything I've read, understood and seen, I wouldn't touch that crystal stuff with a ten foot pole. You will likely get cursed for messing with the occult. :eek: Not only yourself, but that curse can be passed down to your children and their children's lives (Exodus 20:5).

Take it from a concerned brother in Christ... who's been through the ropes spiritually, and can give a very real valid warning. Pleaseeeee don't touch that stuff!!! You'll wish you hadn't!!! :(

In Christ,
Bobby

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2004
Visit site
✟2,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It's not the crystal itself that would make the bracelet bad, it's if there was an unclean spiritual power (by a medium, or somebody who channels evil spirits and power) placed upon that bracelet that would make it cursed, or if it was made for the purpose of channeling occult power. It's like an idol, the material itself is not where the problem is, but when it's made for that particular purpose, it becomes cursed. Remember when the Israelites made an idol like a calf out of their gold? The gold itself was all right; it's what they made it for that made God mad.

Cursed objects either must go through a spiritual cleaning and have that curse broken, or they must be destroyed. If it was made for occult purposes (including crystal healing), then I would just destroy and get rid of it. I wouldn't mess around or take any chances! :)

Do you remember in Acts, where Paul would send out to people aprons and handkerchiefs, and people would be healed through them? (Acts 19:11-12) Physical objects can carry spiritual value. That is an example of how God can use a physical object, but the devil uses physical objects all the time for his purposes.

In Christ,
Bobby

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ions and other such scientific stuff IS REAL and therefore part of OUR WORLD and we can use it to our advantage and have for years...use it...although I don't think that it will protect you from something bad happening such as a car accident...but it can cause overall better health possibly...it's pretty...what's wrong with that?

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2004
Visit site
✟2,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
As I always say, if your not 100% sure that it's not of the devil, then better be safe than sorry. I know I ran a search online for occult crystal healing, and it pulled up a boatload of stuff. Everything I've heard about crystal healing is either occult or part of the new age movement (which is rooted in the occult). It seems every time I hear the term "crystal healing" it has something to do the new age (occult) movement.

I would be VERY careful messing around with anything that you aren't 100% sure about. I personally would never mess with crystal healing, because I firmly believe it is rooted in the occult. The price is wayyy to steep to pay if you try it and are wrong! I've read several books on deliverances, and one of the things that has caused people problems is messing around with crystals that are cursed.

I've seen the occult world try to make something 'sound' scientific, or place demon powers behind something so that it 'seems' scientific, so that people will get involved. Beware! It's a deadly trap! I recently replied to a message for somebody who tinkered around with moving objects with his mind. He thought maybe it could be scientific and thought he would give it a try. I've heard what he was into, and I know it's real, I think I even saw somebody move a heavy tree in a mall one time like that, but it's not scientific, it's spiritual (demon powers are behind the moving of those objects). There is NO way you can move an object scientifically unless you do something physically to move it!!! :( I also do NOT believe it is possible for a crystal to heal a person without spiritual involvement. Sure, if you add spiritual involvement to that crystal, it could 'seem' to be scientific, but I'm not convinced it's truly scientific. :scratch: Besides, the price to pay would be too steep if I tried it and it turned out to be demonically powered. :o

I read on one website that the majority of experts who promote crystal healing are actively involed in the occult. I think that alone says something. :sigh: Here's the Web site I found it on: http://en.bibleinfo.com/questions/question.html?id=742

carnation said:
I was given a lovely crystal bracelet which is said to be a three in one function: for health, to push bad luck away and for overall well being.

Let's put the healing part aside for a moment, and look at the idea of it chasing bad luck away, and promoting overall well being. This is imposing that it will have an affect on the circumstances of your life! Either this effect can be caused by something scientific (the telephone, a car, etc.), or something spiritual. I believe anything that controls the circumstances of our lives, without having a scientific reason, is rooted somewhere in the spiritual realm. If it isn't of God, it's of the devil! The Bible even preaches against magic charm bracelets (Ezekiel 13:18)!! I do not believe in good or bad luck, I believe in what the Bible speaks so much about: Blessings and curses. I believe bad luck is directly linked with superstition, which is rooted in the occult!! They say that if you walk under a ladder, you can get bad luck... that is 100% superstition!

If you look up superstition in the dictionary, it says, "An irrational belief that an object, action, or circumstance not logically related to a course of events influences its outcome."

Two points that I would like to emphasize:
1. Trying to avoid bad luck is superstition (occult).
2. Overall well being ONLY comes from God and God alone (Matthew 4:4).

Look at Ezekiel 13:18, "This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Destruction is certain for you women who are ensnaring the souls of my people, both young and old alike. You tie magic charms on their wrists and furnish them with magic veils. Do you think you can trap others without bringing destruction on yourselves?" (NLT)

From a concerned brother in Christ. :)

Bobby

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Here' another consideration , which applies to " wearing things 'cause they're pretty " .

I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
<-----> 1st Timothy 2:8-10

Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
<-----> 1st Peter 3:1-4

Consider :

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
<-----> Matthew 5:27-29

The typical man finds it easy to lust after a woman ; is it appropriate then for a woman to try to enhance her visual appearance in ways which are designed to attract attention , through outwardly adorning herself ?

You be the judge .

wm

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
carnation said:
Dear all,
Just four points:

1. From a scientific point of view, the "energy within and helping to neutralize the bad ions around us" is total rubbish (speaking as a scientist).

2. There is nothing wrong with wearing a pretty bracelet, e.g. Isaac gave Rebecca a gold nose ring and two gold bracelets (Genesis 24). (Of course, 1 Timothy 2 means you shouldn't overdo it!).

3. If you believe it has some sort of power, do not wear it.

4. If you don't believe it has power, 1 Corinthians 8 applies:
... We know that an idol is nothing at all in the world and that there is no God but one ... But not everyone knows this. Some people are still so accustomed to idols ... Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak. For if anyone with a weak conscience sees you who have this knowledge eating in an idol's temple, won't he be emboldened to eat what has been sacrificed to idols? So this weak brother, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge. When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ...
In other words, if anyone says to you, "how can a Christian wear crystals like that?" then you should stop wearing it.

-- Radagast

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
wayfaring man said:
The typical man finds it easy to lust after a woman ; is it appropriate then for a woman to try to enhance her visual appearance in ways which are designed to attract attention , through outwardly adorning herself ?
Don't go blaming women for male lust!

It may be wrong for women to parade the streets in skimpy clothing, but a pretty bracelet is hardly lust-inducing!

-- Radagast

Upvote 0

carnation

Struggling But Hopeful
Nov 27, 2003
✟183.00
Faith
Protestant
Thanks so much for the many replies...Really appreciate it a lot! The thing is how on Earth will we know if something is okay and not okay to wear? I mean should we not be practising freedom and fully have faith in God that He will protect and care for us. It's not like I am saying I am directly going for occult practices and stuff like that, but little things like wearing and enjoying something, that's all?

Sometimes, I am so confused, we can also view that the crystals came from Earth which means created by God, no? So won't that be wearing something beautiful from God? Of coz, I 100% agree that better safe than sorry, correct. But I cannot help but feel curious.

In terms of superstitions, my neighbour loves to hang all their chinese feng shui stuff on her backyard which directly faces my house. Accordingly, that was supposed to ward off all bad luck to my direction. I tell myself that I shud not believe such things but ever since I shifted, or shud I say maybe I am overly sensitive, my life has not been like a bed of roses........Probs after probs and things just are getting worse and worse.......Coincidence? I dun know. My frens tell me not to bother or br affected at all by such stuff.............I truly wonder.

Upvote 0

fishstix

Senior Veteran
Jan 18, 2004
✟19,629.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
LAWise520 said:
Ions and other such scientific stuff IS REAL and therefore part of OUR WORLD and we can use it to our advantage and have for years...use it...although I don't think that it will protect you from something bad happening such as a car accident...but it can cause overall better health possibly...it's pretty...what's wrong with that?
It is important to remember that a lot of scientific sounding claims are really just lies meant to get people to buy a product. There are lots of snake oil salesmen out there trying to make money by selling people stuff and making all kinds of scientific sounding (but untrue) claims about how it will heal them or improve their health or whatever.

carnation said:
Thanks so much for the many replies...Really appreciate it a lot! The thing is how on Earth will we know if something is okay and not okay to wear? I mean should we not be practising freedom and fully have faith in God that He will protect and care for us. It's not like I am saying I am directly going for occult practices and stuff like that, but little things like wearing and enjoying something, that's all?

Sometimes, I am so confused, we can also view that the crystals came from Earth which means created by God, no? So won't that be wearing something beautiful from God? Of coz, I 100% agree that better safe than sorry, correct. But I cannot help but feel curious.

In terms of superstitions, my neighbour loves to hang all their chinese feng shui stuff on her backyard which directly faces my house. Accordingly, that was supposed to ward off all bad luck to my direction. I tell myself that I shud not believe such things but ever since I shifted, or shud I say maybe I am overly sensitive, my life has not been like a bed of roses........Probs after probs and things just are getting worse and worse.......Coincidence? I dun know. My frens tell me not to bother or br affected at all by such stuff.............I truly wonder.
As far as the decision goes, I think this verse would be applicable:

Romans 14:23
But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

This verse is talking about the decision on whether or not to eat ritually unclean food - but I think it could also be applied to a decision about whether or not to wear something like that bracelet. Basically, if you are having doubts about it and feel that it could be wrong and would displease God, then choose not to wear it. I would encourage you to look at the rest of the Romans 14 as well.

Another applicable verse is:
1 Corinthians 8:9-10
Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak. For if anyone with a weak conscience sees you who have this knowledge eating in an idol's temple, won't he be emboldened to eat what has been sacrificed to idols?

Again, this is talking about deciding whether or not to eat a certain type of food - that which has been sacrificed to idols - but again I think the same reasoning could be applied to the bracelet. If wearing the bracelet is going to cause someone else problems - for example if it is going to cause the person who gave it to you to think that you are agreeing with or supporting an occultic practic - then it would be better not to wear it, for that person's sake.

So ask yourself and pray about these questions:
Can you personally wear the bracelet in faith, without doubts about whether or not it is ok with God?
Is wearing it going to cause someone else to stumble or to misunderstand your reasons for wearing it?
Then make your decision.

As far as your neighbors go, remember that Jesus is more powerful than anyone else. He is more powerful than demons and He is more powerful than 'bad luck'. And as a Christian, you can come to Him in prayer and ask Him to protect you and also to protect your house. Psalm 91 is an excellent Scripture that you can pray over yourself and your home. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
carnation said:
... The thing is how on Earth will we know if something is okay and not okay to wear? I mean should we not be practising freedom and fully have faith in God that He will protect and care for us ...
Sometimes, I am so confused, we can also view that the crystals came from Earth which means created by God, no? ...
In terms of superstitions, my neighbour loves to hang all their chinese feng shui stuff on her backyard which directly faces my house ...
The basic rule is:
Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (Matt 22:37-40)
As fishtix explains, 1 Corinthians 8:9-10 is an application of this. And yes, the crystals do come from God.

As to your neighbour, you should "fully have faith in God that He will protect and care for you" and not be fooled by superstition. Indeed, if your faith is so weak in the face of superstition, maybe you should avoid the bracelet after all...

-- Radagast

Upvote 0

DaisyChip

1 John 4:4
Sep 21, 2012
Michigan
✟7,697.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
First off, I am a stone/crystal fanatic and I have quite a collection. I started collecting as a child, and I was raised as an atheist. My atheist grandparents never believed in any healing energies or any of that nonsense, but they thought of it as a bit of pseudoscience, so I grew up knowing what supposed "powers" many stones were supposed to have. When I got saved, it never even occurred to me that I should abandon my collection up to the devil. Here's how I see it now...

God gave us a wide variety of plant and animal life to use as our needs arise. We use many different types of plants for medicinal purposes. Crystals grow in such beautiful and fascinating ways "naturally" that one can't help but wonder that maybe God placed them here for a purpose. Sunsets are beautiful, rainbows are beautiful, shorelines, trees, etc. I think as long as you are attributing the beauty to the Creator, God, then you're good. As far as any energies that you might receive from a rock or crystal, I think it would be safe to say a little prayer as you wear it, or as you acquire a new piece of jewelry. Ask God for the beneficial aspects of the stone or crystal if that is what he intended them for, and if that's was not his intention, then thank him for the beautiful stones and crystals, animals, plants, etc. that he gave us to enjoy.

P.S. I just realized that I posted this as my daughter - so I hope she forgives me. Sorry, Chip, didn't know you had an account.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Basically, I think you know what is good and what isn't -- it's the expectations from others that are confusing. Don't call on spirits, do appreciate rocks. Respect science. There.

Scientific properties can include magnetism, density and gravity (if you collect really big rocks), and radioactivity.... properties that have proven consequences.

I've heard that lithium lined the banks of the Jordan, and ran into the healing pools at the bottom.

Nanoparticles of copper and silver are put into socks and limb braces.
Colloidal silver helps the immune system (recently brought up for ebola treatment). Calcium strengthens our bones, magnesium relaxes our muscles.

Then when you get down to thinking about the simplicity of animal-vegetable-mineral and what components go into medicine and therapies... there's much we ignore.

I don't know what the crystal sellers are claiming, but suspect the rocks would bring very small if less than a square inch is held against our skin.

Just don't be gullible.

Radagast said:
Don't go blaming women for male lust!
Best quote ever.

Upvote 0