'The Crying Nazi' Gets 41 months for Threatening Another Nazi - Now doxxing witnesses in lawsuit

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Last edited:

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
LINK

White supremacist Christopher Cantwell, dubbed the “Crying Nazi” after recording a tearful video about his violent participating in the 2017 Unite the Right march, cried in court on Wednesday as he was sentenced to 41 months in prison. Cantwell, who was convicted last fall of threatening and attempting to extort another neo-Nazi, had already spent 13 months in jail since his arrest.
Oh "the" crying nazi, not crying nazi, as in crying wolf.

I recall reading about something similar before before.

The neo nazi's in europe have a lack of unity due to the national focus, so a neo nazi from france and a neo nazi from romania would not necessarily get along because of how neo nazis are.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I bet he did na-zi (not see) that coming

Okay, end of bad puns...I apologize for subjecting everyone to that.
Ok that wasnt totally bad. But you have to trust your audience and not explain it, because thats what drains it of any possible humor.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok that wasnt totally bad. But you have to trust your audience and not explain it, because thats what drains it of any possible humor.

I was cringing just typing it lol.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Devin Willis testified for hours about the racist vitriol he endured as a young Black man while a torch-carrying mob marched on his college campus four years ago, surrounding him and his friends, spraying chemical irritants and making “monkey noises.”

Now, one of those violent white supremacists, who is representing himself without an attorney in this trial, stood in front of Willis in a federal courtroom, badgering him to name his friends in public proceedings that hundreds of people are listening in on each day.

“I’m hesitant to name them,” Willis told Christopher Cantwell — a neo-Nazi defendant who is serving a prison sentence for extortion and threat charges from a separate case. “Some of them live here.”

Judge Norman K. Moon told Willis he had to answer the question.

Within minutes, the names of Willis’s friends, and photos of at least one of their faces, spread to far-right chatrooms where extremist supporters were following the trial. The chatroom was led by another defendant, who was also live-tweeting this information.

Cantwell, a far-right podcaster who has been dubbed the “crying Nazi,” has pleaded guilty in a separate case to two counts of assault and battery stemming from his use of pepper spray near the University of Virginia rotunda during the Unite the Right rally weekend. [as well as the 41 months unrelated to the Rally in the OP]

‘They know who’s watching’
On any given day, this trial sounds like an open spigot of hate. Defendants have dropped the n-word, admired Adolf Hitler, joked about the Holocaust and trafficked in racist pseudoscience.

Melissa Ryan, author of the Ctrl Alt Right Delete newsletter that tracks online extremism, called their use of the trial platform “desperation.”

“Part of it is the addiction to the attention; part of it is the need to raise money to keep the grift going,” said Ryan

From the beginning, Cantwell had known this trial was a chance to promote himself. After delivering his opening statements last month, he predicted on a right-wing radio show that he had the plaintiffs “shook up.” And comparing himself to other attorneys in the courtroom, he claimed: “I look like a star next to them.”

Upvote 0