✟15,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FatherHaveMercy said:
I need to make a baby blanket for my lil bro and sil 's baby but we don't know the sex and she doesn't like yellow. Shame to I always thought yellow was a cute color, maybe because I had a yellow one as a child lol

What about a nice light green or brown?

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I need to make a baby blanket for my lil bro and sil 's baby but we don't know the sex and she doesn't like yellow. Shame to I always thought yellow was a cute color, maybe because I had a yellow one as a child lol
Have you thought about combos - green/white or purples/oranges/white?

I tend to have surplus of green but they seem to work out as floor blankets in some weird kind of way. :)

Upvote 0

FatherHaveMercy

Father Have Mercy On Us All
Feb 3, 2008
Indianapolis,IN,USA
Visit site
✟918.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Have you thought about combos - green/white or purples/oranges/white?

I tend to have surplus of green but they seem to work out as floor blankets in some weird kind of way. :)

Green and white sounds lovely a mint green. Lol.@the floor blankets

Upvote 0

emullins

Mar 23, 2014
Lutz, FL
✟15,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So I have come across repurposing old t-shirts. I turn them into tshirt yarn and now I'm crocheting rugs out of the newly made yarn. I'm so excited. I'm making a rug right now for a co to use in a fundraiser. They have supplied me with boxes upon boxes of shirts to make my new creations. Yes you can make anything out of tshirt yarn all you have to do it cut the tshirt whatever size you are needing to make the project. It is awesome.

Upvote 0

FatherHaveMercy

Feb 3, 2008
Indianapolis,IN,USA
Visit site
✟918.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So I have come across repurposing old t-shirts. I turn them into tshirt yarn and now I'm crocheting rugs out of the newly made yarn. I'm so excited. I'm making a rug right now for a co to use in a fundraiser. They have supplied me with boxes upon boxes of shirts to make my new creations. Yes you can make anything out of tshirt yarn all you have to do it cut the tshirt whatever size you are needing to make the project. It is awesome.

What do you use to turn them into rugs? tool wise

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

emullins

Mar 23, 2014
Lutz, FL
✟15,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I finished my first rug. I made the yarn as well.

image-3517439212.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FatherHaveMercy

Feb 3, 2008
Indianapolis,IN,USA
Visit site
✟918.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you!! How's the blanket coming?

It's.coming ok I guess feels like forever until I actually get half way done. I'm going to run outta yarn soon and I don't have any money to buy any so that's going to frustrate me but for the time being it's coming. what's your next project going to be

Upvote 0

emullins

Mar 23, 2014
Lutz, FL
✟15,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FatherHaveMercy said:
It's.coming ok I guess feels like forever until I actually get half way done. I'm going to run outta yarn soon and I don't have any money to buy any so that's going to frustrate me but for the time being it's coming. what's your next project going to be

I hear ya on not being able to buy more yarn.

Well, I'm working on a timeout rug for my daughter then I'm making my sister a timeout rug for her twins, my son wants a rug as well, then I'm not sure what I'll do next. Probably something else for my daughter unless someone wants me to do another rug.

Upvote 0

FatherHaveMercy

Feb 3, 2008
Indianapolis,IN,USA
Visit site
✟918.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I hear ya on not being able to buy more yarn.

Well, I'm working on a timeout rug for my daughter then I'm making my sister a timeout rug for her twins, my son wants a rug as well, then I'm not sure what I'll do next. Probably something else for my daughter unless someone wants me to do another rug.

will it look like the one you just made or will it look different

Upvote 0