Lutz, FL
✟15,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well I have a toddler to run after so is be lucky if I can do a couple rows every few hours.

Here is the rug I made my daughter. What should have taken me 5hrs to do took me almost a week to finish.

image-2201325202.jpg

Upvote 0

FatherHaveMercy

Father Have Mercy On Us All
Feb 3, 2008
Indianapolis,IN,USA
Visit site
✟918.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well I have a toddler to run after so is be lucky if I can do a couple rows every few hours.

Here is the rug I made my daughter. What should have taken me 5hrs to do took me almost a week to finish.

That's beautiful I've been practicing the granny stitch since about 12 am lol I worked on 3 different stitches here's some pictures

ForumRunner_20140614_095247.png

ForumRunner_20140614_095309.png

ForumRunner_20140614_095326.png

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

View attachment 132885

It looks like it's in a nice Native American type of pattern.

Particularly common out West, maybe.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone's finger start hurting when you crotchet? Like the side of it from holding the needle or is it just me?

I bet it's a bit like being on the computer for hours, with one's finger on the mouse. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

emullins

Mar 23, 2014
Lutz, FL
✟15,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
faroukfarouk said:
WY. So were you consciously following Native American style?

No, I found this pattern but didn't want to do every 4 rounds the same color and the last round was suppose to have shells but I didn't have enough pink so I did a sc around for the last round. I never even thought that until you said something. That's awesome.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, I found this pattern but didn't want to do every 4 rounds the same color and the last round was suppose to have shells but I didn't have enough pink so I did a sc around for the last round. I never even thought that until you said something. That's awesome.

Okay! :)

And as far as you are aware you don't have any personal Native American heritage?

My wife has a book about Mexican textile patterns and they are similar, also.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

FatherHaveMercy

Father Have Mercy On Us All
Feb 3, 2008
Indianapolis,IN,USA
Visit site
✟918.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you!! Those look good. I have 2 more rugs to make then in going to try my hand at a corner to corner blanket.

I tried the granny stitch square with a little luck on the first three but the fourth didn't come out to good

ForumRunner_20140618_123855.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

catsareawesome

Crazy Cat Lady
Apr 30, 2015
✟7,656.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi I am so glad there's a crochet thread in this forum. I absolutely love crocheting!!! I have about 5-6 big storage bins of yarn that I've collected over the years and am trying to use them all up. I hope to make a cover for a futon that I'm making and am making a single-sized blanket for my husband's Mum. I also crochet things to sell (which I use new yarn for, not the hoard that I gleaned from thrift stores) for those projects.

Upvote 0