Criticized for not commenting on soldiers killed in action, Trump falsely says Obama did even less

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist

I thought I was covering "what we're talking about". I absolutely disagree that there is "more so than with most, a lot of sleight of hand".

I think what we see is, a lot more so than with most, is Trump saying 100% false statements and being called on them. Previous presidents and other politicians are certainly not what I would consider to be "honest", but, relative to Trump, they are pure as the driven snow. Other politicians tell the small lies with some frequency. Trump tells big lies with great frequency.

In this particular case (that is, the OP), Trump, again, 100% lied. He didn't make a questionable statement, he lied. As usual, his supporters refuse to acknowledge his lie, and instead get into the semantics of a meme which speaks to the point of the lie. In this case, you're arguing "was Obama at every fallen soldiers return" or "did he call every fallen soldier's family", which is absolutely irrelevant to Trump's assertion that "Obama never called the family of a fallen soldier", and, moreover, Trump's claim of being "too busy" is interesting, as he was playing golf (again, which strikes me as notable, as one of his big applause lines at his rallies was about how much golf Obama played, and how he'd never have time to play golf as President (or is this series of clips showing Trump making the claim himself some sort of "sleight of hand"):

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟704,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And you question why he is so reviled..

And yet you substantiate your so called claim with a Picture of the President and Secretary of State that NEVER admitted they lied to the American people that the four deaths were of a YouTube video.

And you don’t revile them?

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
And yet you substantiate your so called claim with a Picture of the President and Secretary of State that NEVER admitted they lied to the American people that the four deaths were of a YouTube video.

And George Bush NEVER admitted that he lied to the American people that the 2,996 deaths on 9/11 were "because they hate our freedoms".

And you don't revile him?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟704,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And George Bush NEVER admitted that he lied to the American people that the 2,996 deaths on 9/11 were "because they hate our freedoms".

And you don't revile him?

Pbbblllt! Horse hockey.

He outlined the plan and along with 65 nations went to war.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

No....YOU don’t get it.....deliberately, I think...

The point of my comments has NOT been to assert that the leaders before Trump attended every homecoming or contacted directly every family of a dead serviceman...I’ve said that several times.

No...the point of my comments was to highlight Trump’s lie... Before he was called on it, he claimed that no president before him had taken the effort to contact directly those family members. This was a lie...it was yet another pathetic, ego-driven attempt by this small man to besmirch the record of someone who clearly honoured his duties as a leader more earnestly than Trump does...

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Biased people...??

As I advised earlier, all you have to do is to LISTEN TO TRUMP’S OWN WORDS....!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Our particular argument was about the poster/pic, and now you want to switch gears. I'll assume that is because you get my point on the poster, and this is the way you choose to deal with it.

Done

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

The point of that picture was not to discuss how those people died. It was to illustrate Trump’s lie that Obama had NEVER directly contacted the families of the fallen. I can see why you would want to deflect to another issue, however...

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Our particular argument was about the poster/pic, and now you want to switch gears. I'll assume that is because you get my point on the poster, and this is the way you choose to deal with it.

Done

Assume whatever you like...as long as it deflects your attention away from the seminal point...ie, your glorious leader had to, yet again, resort to pathological lying in order to boost his own ego...

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"I think I've called every family of someone who's died," Trump told Fox News radio. "As far as other representatives, I don't know. You could ask General Kelly, did he get a call from Obama?"

A White House official later said that Obama did not call Kelly….”

6 months later they had a breakfast for Gold Star families, nice photo shoot.

He was being challenged about his compassion, Trump says he writes personal letters to every family and also calls them personally. Something Obama DID NOT DO!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...a-slain-soldiers-families-20171017-story.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Oh, you must have accidentally missed this amongst your quotes...let me add it for you...

“If you look at President Obama and other presidents, most of them didn't make calls," Trump said.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know and I don't care.

That about sums up Trump supporters.

Perfect, and thanks so much.

That about sums up non Trump supporters, you only report part of my post, knowing full well it will be seen out of context.

Anyway, thanks again for making my whole point, or a good part of it.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OK, let me prove them with your very first thread on CF:

Anyone keeping up with the Steve Pieczenik claims against Clintons?

I have a reply ready but decided to first ask you to read the post in question again, pay close attention, and then tell me if you are sure you want to still do this?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Jeez, I was wondering what he meant by that comment.

Upvote 0