Criticized for not commenting on soldiers killed in action, Trump falsely says Obama did even less

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Criticized for not commenting on soldiers killed in action, Trump falsely says Obama did even less
Four U.S. Special Forces soldiers were killed earlier this month while on patrol in Niger. President Trump’s silence on their deaths has been notable, with 10 days having passed without any comment from the White House — 10 days during which Trump visited his golf club in Sterling, Va., five times.

During an impromptu news conference in the White House Rose Garden on Monday afternoon, Trump was asked why he hadn’t yet made a public comment on the fatalities.

The president continues to lie about almost everything these days.

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
He is such an embarrassment...

He later claims that he “doesn’t know” if Obama called the families of the fallen....

Then why open your big mouth in the first place....!?

Upvote 0

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

He later claims that he “doesn’t know” if Obama called the families of the fallen....

I THOUGHT HE LIKES TO GET ALL THE FACTS FIRST!!!

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He's like a little kid who gets in trouble and tries to get his sibling in trouble. "B-but Mommy! Timmy took a cookie without permission!"

It's sad that we have such a toddler in the White House.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And this is so emblematic of his mindset. He has to, at all costs, do better than Obama...even if he has to lie to do so. It’s the same driving force that sees him removing every piece of legislation that he can that bears Obama’s signature....whether it’s good for the country or not...!

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
The sad part is watching the contortionism of his supporters because they go out of their way to defend the indefensible. Look at how they all suddenly became anti-Puerto Rican going as far to claim they should not get help because they're not a state (even lying and saying they don't pay federal taxes).

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
3E1CA556-54E9-4B15-BC4F-457786B136D2.jpeg

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Were Clinton and Obama there for all the diseased soldiers return?
The point that pic makes, is riddled with deceit.

I have no idea why the president would want to meet people suffering from a disease. Seems a little off-topic...?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Were Clinton and Obama there for all the diseased soldiers return?
The point that pic makes, is riddled with deceit.

And where is the deceit? Were Obama and Clinton there to meet those coffins, or not...? Was Trump off golfing when the soldiers from Niger were returned, or not...?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have no idea why the president would want to meet people suffering from a disease. Seems a little off-topic...?

Excuse me...deceased, not diseased. So answer me that one and I'll get to your question, that is unless you get it now.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Summer, just curious ,do you ever stop and wonder if you are going a bit to far with this Trump stuff?

I mean most of us have filters that tell us when to say when.

Do you support Trump? Just curious.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Excuse me...deceased, not diseased. So answer me that one and I'll get to your question, that is unless you get it now.

Answer what? Did Obama meet every single dead soldier? I don’t know...

But here’s what I do know.....it wasn’t NONE, as that lying hero of yours tried to claim....!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Answer what? Did Obama meet every single dead soldier? I don’t know...

Then you won't admit most likely, or even almost positively, he/Clinton did not? Then I'll admit it for you. :)

So you see my point, your pic meant nothing, they are all guilty. It looks good to the slow, or those who choose top see what is intended by it, but in reality it's junk, a lie, and the same type deceitful trumped up accusations that are leveled against this man all to often.

When that happens so much, some of us just can't take any of you or the accusations seriously. We wonder, what are they NOT telling us in order to create this facade?

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Then you won't admit most likely, or even almost positively, he/Clinton did not? Then I'll admit it for you. :)

So you see my point, your pic meant nothing, they are all guilty. It looks good to the slow, or those who choose top see what is intended by it, but in reality it's junk, a lie, and the same type deceitful trumped up accusations that are leveled against this man all to often.

When that happens so much, some of us just can't take any of you or the accusations seriously. We wonder, what are they NOT telling us in order to create this facade?

What rot....and how clever of you to omit the key part of my comment!

No one claimed that Obama, Clinton, Bush, etc had met EVERY coffin or had phoned EVERY family.

Trump’s lying claim was that Obama had NEVER contacted the families of war dead. We only need to find ONE example to prove the lie. There is one example...how proud you must be of your glorious leader....

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,113.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
One of the most sacred duties of a president is to call the parents of those killed is special operations actions, as well as reporting to the country when this happens No, they don't all call the parents of every serviceman that dies. All the presidents have taken this role very seriously.

Folks started to wonder after a couple of day regarding our heroes who died in Niger. Trump was a new style of president. He had other priorities. After 10 days, it was finally time to discuss the issue. Obviously, playing golf was a much higher priority for Trump. We found out that he calls when he thinks it is appropriate. Obviously, he reports to the American people at 6 in the morning on Twitter, when he wishes, on topics important to him.

And just to be sure everyone understood that his actions were better than those of other presidents, he lied about previous presidents. When called on that, he said what he always says, that the mysterious SOME ONE had misinformed him. Of course, he sill feels that he has done nothing wrong. After all, he is incapable of that.

I've liked president and disliked others. I've even changed my mind. But, I hope that I have always respected the president, because of the office that he holds. I can only recall presidents since Eisenhower. This is the first time that I do not respect a president. It more than him being unqualified or poorly qualified. We've had that before. Trump is incompetent, embarrassing and dangerous. Of course, as he reminds us, he doesn't care what we think. He has his 35% (almost all white evangelicals), and they will support him no matter what. He schedules regular meetings with his followers, so this truth can be repeated to him in cheers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker

I honestly think that’s the thing with him. He doesn’t lie so much, as he just doesn’t care to check whether the things he says are true.

Upvote 0