Creationists: Describe your conceptual understanding of evolution.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Reactions: J_B_
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟327,116.00
Faith
Atheist
I understand that models of predator-prey relationships can lead to chaotic behavior. This is more population modelling than evolution, I suppose, but still somewhat relevant.
Predator-prey relationships can lead to some very interesting mathematical patterns, such as the prime number life-cycle years of cicadas.

I did a couple of statistics courses as part of my human biology degree, partly, I think, because basic science often involves the statistical analysis of data for significance, etc. There was also quite a lot of maths in the genetics courses (e.g. Hardy-Wienberg equilibrium).

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
My understanding is that a certain number of a species will develop a variation for nothing, and a number of those will die - and of those that survive, the same will keep multiplying the variation: as long as the number that die does not exceed the number that have the variation, that species will have a chance to add still more variation, to the variation that is left. In time, this means that adaptations accumulate around the species in a way, that the species is more and more able to survive.

The only difference between that and Creation, is that a species that is designed in a certain way, is able to accumulate variations in their design, before that design is tested - in other words, a designed species is able to multiply further than is predatored, enabling it to flourish in ways the predator is not ready for. This "being beyond readiness" allows a prey species to anticipate the ways in which it will be tested, thus enabling it to "overcompensate" for weaknesses to the species' genome.

God enables both.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
My understanding is that a certain number of a species will develop a variation for nothing, and a number of those will die - and of those that survive, the same will keep multiplying the variation: as long as the number that die does not exceed the number that have the variation, that species will have a chance to add still more variation, to the variation that is left. In time, this means that adaptations accumulate around the species in a way, that the species is more and more able to survive.

The only difference between that and Creation, is that a species that is designed in a certain way, is able to accumulate variations in their design, before that design is tested - in other words, a designed species is able to multiply further than is predatored, enabling it to flourish in ways the predator is not ready for. This "being beyond readiness" allows a prey species to anticipate the ways in which it will be tested, thus enabling it to "overcompensate" for weaknesses to the species' genome.

God enables both.
No, that does not happen.

Upvote 0