Creationists and atheists agree there is no such thing as evolution primer-fertilizer

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The paucity of logic in that statement is more than a little obvious given what Miller and you already admitted to about the "lifeless rock" statement.

As I've said, it's not at all obvious because you continuously misrepresent things.

I'm taking things you say strictly at face value and since you appear to be filtering and distorting whatever you are reading. Whether this is intentional or not, I cannot say.

I'm not giving you the benefit of the doubt until you demonstrate an ability to accurately represent the science in question.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,285.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It came from the interview with Miller where Miller expanded on it to affirm in even more detail the fact that earth at one time had no life on it.

The point remains... obviously.

What point is that?

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,329.00
Faith
Atheist
we get that a lot -- every time an atheist admits to some flaw the response from other atheists is usually of the form "yes but that was yesterday - and today we know soooo much more of a better answer"
Knowing more today than we did is a simple fact; how is having better explanations a problem?

Miller's challenge was simply "name that compound that does not exist on Earth and would cause a rock to produce an amoeba or a rabbit over time".
No, it wasn't. No-one claims such a compound exists.

that would be Miller's point "again".

His argument is that believing in the story means that you should be able to come up with the chemical experiment to "do it"
I'm not aware of Miller making such an argument.

The general purpose of abiogenesis research has already been outlined here.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Stanley Miller: " People often say maybe some of the special compounds came in from space, but they never say which ones. If you can make these chemicals in the conditions of cosmic dust or a meteorite, I presume you could also make them on the Earth. I think the idea that you need some special unnamed compound from space is hard to support."

But "if there were" such a thing and it was reliable then any time you "add evolution primer" to the culture dish and the prokaryotes did not pop-out eukaryotes you could call that a "fail" of the primer.

No, it wasn't. No-one claims such a compound exists.

I'm not aware of Miller making such an argument.

hmm - so much fun watching atheists argue with each other.

hint: check the title of this thread for reference.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

So Stanley Miller didn't believe in some hypothetical "special unnamed compound from space." So what?

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,329.00
Faith
Atheist

No trace of claims of a compound that "would cause a rock to produce an amoeba or a rabbit over time" in that quote.

You keep making absurd claims and posting quotes that fail to support them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,285.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
No trace of claims of a compound that "would cause a rock to produce an amoeba or a rabbit over time" in that quote.

You keep making absurd claims and posting quotes that fail to support them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Um, have you known a creationist to do otherwise?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Absurd claim? Please tell me where I can procure some of this compound. I have an abundance of rocks, and natural predators; and I would like to see more lawn bunnies.

To my knowledge rocks have not been declared an endangered species; so I don't understand why I can't find this compound on the open market.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,329.00
Faith
Atheist
Um, have you known a creationist to do otherwise?
This is an unusually & absurdly surreal misrepresentation of the science and the scientists. Not the usual run-of-the-mill absurdity of faith-based arguments we often hear. Basically puerile trolling.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,285.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is an unusually & absurdly surreal misrepresentation of the science and the scientists. Not the usual run-of-the-mill absurdity of faith-based arguments we often hear. Basically puerile trolling.

Really now. Please tell me how it is possible to do
any science at all, starting from an inflexible a priori
assumption of a conclusion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,329.00
Faith
Atheist
Really now. Please tell me how it is possible to do
any science at all, starting from an inflexible a priori
assumption of a conclusion.
Of course, it isn't possible... my post wasn't about that - are you sure you're responding to the right post?

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,285.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Of course, it isn't possible... my post wasn't about that - are you sure you're responding to the right post?
Seems i should haved sked you that
Wires crossed somewhere.

Saul Goodman

Upvote 0