Not open for further replies.

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
No, crocodiles and alligators do grow throughout their lives, since there are some absolutely MASSIVE specimens out there. They just do it incredibly slowly. There was the Saltwater Crocodile called Lolong, and he came in at 20.7 feet from snout to tail. But, like many modern animals, square cube law is in effect and he died because his zoo pool kept getting drained and water acts as a buoyancy aid for certain larger animals.

Though of course everything stops growing when they die.
There is some disagreement about the accuracy of the statement that crocodilians grow for as long as the live. Dr. Adam Britton refers to it as a myth. I’m sure that there are some who disagree with Dr. Britton, but if all scientists agreed with each other there would be no science. That is why I refer to science as dynamic and to certain religions as stagnant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
There is some disagreement about the accuracy of the statement that crocodilians grow for as long as the live. Dr. Adam Britton refers to it as a myth. I’m sure that there are some who disagree with Dr. Britton, but if all scientists agreed with each other there would be no science. That is why I refer to science as dynamic and to certain religions as inert.

That's cool.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,107.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What area of the world are you implying was not covered by Noah's flood?

The burden of proof is not on me to show that there was a part of the world that was missed by Noah's flood.

The burden is on you to show that it actually happened.

Can you imagine the carnage that a world wide flood would cause...a massive tragedy of epic proportions. Billions of animals killed at the same time. Buried under massive sediment. You don't think that would be a perfect condition to created millions of fossils?

Quite possibly it could form billions of fossils.

But such a rapid formation of fossils would not look like the fossil record we actually have, with all individuals sorted into the same layers, how we never find large mammals with dinosaurs, for example, and everything arranged in the order that we'd expect to see if evolution actually happened.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Platte

Jul 14, 2020
Virginia
✟24,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The burden of proof is not on me to show that there was a part of the world that was missed by Noah's flood.

Quite possibly it could form billions of fossils.

But such a rapid formation of fossils would not look like the fossil record we actually have, with all individuals sorted into the same layers, how we never find large mammals with dinosaurs, for example, and everything arranged in the order that we'd expect to see if evolution actually happened.
I’m not sure you could find an area that didn’t have evidence of it being under water.

the fossils are laid out exactly they way you would expect. Massive amounts and not much over lap of animal types. Since animals congregate with like animals.

Upvote 0

Platte

Jul 14, 2020
Virginia
✟24,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
….dinosaurs, for example, and everything arranged in the order that we'd expect to see if evolution actually happened.
The existence of Dinosaurs doesnt even fit into the model of evolution

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,107.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I’m not sure you could find an area that didn’t have evidence of it being under water.

True. Just about every part of the world has flooded at some point.

That doesn't mean that it was all the same flood.

the fossils are laid out exactly they way you would expect. Massive amounts and not much over lap of animal types. Since animals congregate with like animals.

Do you think that animals don't coexist with each other? Why is it that we never see t-rex fossils in the same layers as stegosaurus, but we see Allosaurus and stegosaurus fossils in the same layers? Why do we never see any fossils of mammals larger than about cat-size in the same layers as dinosaurs? And it's not just a matter of geographical location - we NEVER see large mammal fossils anywhere in the world in the same layers as dinosaurs. Your worldwide flood theory can't explain that.

• Informative
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,390.00
Country