Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
GAP is backed up by Science and the truth. No one has been able to debunk or falsify any of GAP creationism.

If you didn't watch the video you shouldn't be posting here. Nobody is asking anything about GAP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
GAP is backed up by Science and the truth. No one has been able to debunk or falsify any of GAP creationism.

Rubbish. Some concepts may fit, but when looked at as a whole, it doesn't fit empirical science.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The main question asked in the video is "what is behind the movement of creationism". The video is not an attack on the Christian faith but an attack on the unscrupulous creationists who dismiss science simply to make money and or further their influence in society. It is an attack on the absurdity of trying to impose the spiritual onto the the empirical.

We (including people who are religious) must all join forces to fend off such attacks against science and on the minds of our children lest we end up in the dark ages once more!

This is not about religion but it is about money and personal power. Kent Hovind and his like are a threat to any civilised society. They prey on the unsuspecting, the weak, the sick, the poor and our children in order to foment hate for science and this is not acceptable.

Upvote 0

DrkSdBls

Feb 19, 2006
✟2,298.00
Faith
Seeker
Personally, I think it takes more faith to believe in evolution and abiogenesis.

For me, it takes me a lot of faith just to believe that this universe is real and not the Delusion of a Madman. We will never truly know for sure.

Truth isn't about faith nor should Faith be measured in "More" and "Less" terms. Faith is Faith. Truth is Truth.

The Problem we all face, whether it be the question of Creationism or Evolution (or anything in this World for that matter) is to understand that Faith=/=Truth. It doesn't matter how much you believe in something or disbelieve in something, it'll never have any bearing on this reality nor will it effect what is truth.

If we were created by a random chance of Molecules forming together as the basis of life on a primeval rock a billion years ago, then that's what we are and to believe otherwise will not change it.

Likewise, if we were, in fact, created by a supernatural entity, molded and shaped in such a manner, this too is what we are and no amount of Faith or wishing will change it.

And neither of these points matter in the end because the end result is immutable and one's faith otherwise is of little interest to the universe itself.

All we have is what we have. The question is what will you do with what you have?

Upvote 0

serge546

Master of microbes
May 5, 2012
Texas
✟8,079.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
Hovind: If I took this (dinosaur bone) to a laboratory and said "Hey, can you please date this?" they would say "Oh we would have to use something other than Carbon dating because this is too old for carbon dating...".

Potholer54: No, Kent, they wouldn't... They'd say "Oi! Hovind! We can't Carbon date this, there's no F****ng Carbon in it"!

Classic! Almost had me rolling on the floor....

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is behind creationism? Is it faith or is there more to it than religion? Please watch the whole documentary before giving your opinions.

I avoid video's like the plague. Unless for class review.
Then they are quite powerful. And the power offers good
chance for propaganda. It's difficult to quote a video
and they provide very few sources to check.

Upvote 0