Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wow. You're serious about this. ;)

I'm serious about honesty, intellectual integrity and responsability.
You said those words - you take responsability for them.

When I point out that you said those words, don't call me a liar - because you DID say those words.

I still see it at strawman

It's right there, for all to read.
I don't know what you hope to accomplish by denying that you said what you said.

It's not what I said, nor what I meant.

Perhaps it wasn't what you meant, but it is literally what you said - I quoted it word for word.

Here it is again:

If that happened, I'd become one of those that believe that God created the first life and then let evolution take its course

Where the "if that happened" part, is talking about chickens laying eggs that hatch into snakes instead of more chickens. Which is a thing that would disprove evolution, if it actually would happen.

And to that, you replied by saying the above.

It may be your inference, but it is still a strawman.

It is LITERALLY what you said.
Don't lie about it.

Take it back if you want to. But don't lie about it. And most certainly don't accuse me of lying simply because I'm pointing it out.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Does every godless person here agree with you?

About everything? Probably not.
But I was talking about one specific thing, which is your personal interpretation of genesis.

God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit agree with me,

Every believer, unsurprisingly I might add, thinks that his god agrees with him/her.

• Agree
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

There is NO Yahweh since vowels must be "added to" what is actually written. Elohim is the word used exclusively for "God" in Genesis chapter one. It is a Plural Name and means The Judges. The term YHWH is the name of Jesus, the only begotten Son of God, in the Old Testament. He is the only God ever formed physically, the only God anyone will ever see, and He is Lord.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
But I was talking about one specific thing, which is your personal interpretation of genesis.

I don't have a personal interpretation of Genesis. My view AGREES in every way with Scripture, Science and History.

Every believer, unsurprisingly I might add, thinks that his god agrees with him/her.

I can prove it by the agreement of things not discovered until the last days. A good example is the Scientific Fact that all life came from Water,
Meet Luca, the Ancestor of All Living Things exactly as God told us in Genesis 1:21 and NO evolution believer can refute me (prove me wrong).

Historically, the Fertile crescent AGREES with Gen 8:4 which tells us the Ark, bringing the first Humans (descendants of Adam) arrived in Lake Van, Turkey, 11,000 years ago. Map: Fertile Cresent, 9000 to 4500 BCE Noah and his descendants walked down from the 5k ft high Lake into Northern Mesopotamia, the Cradle of Civilization, and brought the superior intelligence of God, Gen 3:22 to this planet of Apes. Nothing else agrees with all the facts.

Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There is NO Yahweh since vowels must be "added to" what is actually written. Elohim is the word used exclusively for "God" in Genesis chapter one. It is a Plural Name and means The Judges. The term YHWH is the name of Jesus, the only begotten Son of God, in the Old Testament. He is the only God ever formed physically, the only God anyone will ever see, and He is Lord.
I'm sorry Aman, but this is literally just your opinion. As provided, there's plenty of other reasoned interpretations for the various names given to your God and you are literally in the (fringe?) minority on this. Why aren't you ever quoting any resources for your opinions, besides Bible verses that other people can and do explain another way?
I don't have a personal interpretation of Genesis. My view AGREES in every way with Scripture, Science and History.
Except it doesn't as we've all pointed out to you a number of times. You're just deluded in your view.
I can prove it by the agreement of things not discovered until the last days. A good example is the Scientific Fact that all life came from Water,
Meet Luca, the Ancestor of All Living Things exactly as God told us in Genesis 1:21 and NO evolution believer can refute me (prove me wrong).
Except we have, and we've shown you this many times as well. You're just ignoring everything outside your blinkered "not-actual-reality" view
Historically, the Fertile crescent AGREES with Gen 8:4 which tells us the Ark, bringing the first Humans (descendants of Adam) arrived in Lake Van, Turkey, 11,000 years ago. Map: Fertile Cresent, 9000 to 4500 BCE Noah and his descendants walked down from the 5k ft high Lake into Northern Mesopotamia, the Cradle of Civilization, and brought the superior intelligence of God, Gen 3:22 to this planet of Apes. Nothing else agrees with all the facts.
No it doesn't, farming has appeared a number of times throughout the world and not just here but again, evidence and facts are ignored ad-infinitum by you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
I'm sorry Aman, but this is literally just your opinion. As provided, there's plenty of other reasoned interpretations for the various names given to your God and you are literally in the (fringe?) minority on this. Why aren't you ever quoting any resources for your opinions, besides Bible verses that other people can and do explain another way?

There is ONLY One God with a Name written which NO man knows.

Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

With your ancient theological knowledge, please identify this person. Failure to do so will expose your Scriptural illiteracy.

Except we have, and we've shown you this many times as well. You're just ignoring everything outside your blinkered "not-actual-reality" view

False, and you cannot produce any post which has refuted God's Truth in Genesis 1:21 which identifies L.U.C.A., which was announced last year by today's science. You have not and cannot tell us HOW any ancient man knew and correctly wrote the scientific Truth more than 3k years ago, no matter how many Evol doctrines you preach.

No it doesn't, farming has appeared a number of times throughout the world and not just here but again, evidence and facts are ignored ad-infinitum by you.

History records the first Human farming began in Mesopotamia, the Cradle of Human civilization on this Planet. Your allegiance to your religion of evolism does not change History. Map: Fertile Cresent, 9000 to 4500 BCE Everyone can see your desperation to get Scripture, Science and History to agree with your foolishness. It won't since Evolution is the biggest Lie ever told.

Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There is ONLY One God with a Name written which NO man knows.

Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

With your ancient theological knowledge, please identify this person. Failure to do so will expose your Scriptural illiteracy.
False, and you cannot produce any post which has refuted God's Truth in Genesis 1:21 which identifies L.U.C.A., which was announced last year by today's science. You have not and cannot tell us HOW any ancient man knew and correctly wrote the scientific Truth more than 3k years ago, no matter how many Evol doctrines you preach.
History records the first Human farming began in Mesopotamia, the Cradle of Human civilization on this Planet. Your allegiance to your religion of evolism does not change History. Map: Fertile Cresent, 9000 to 4500 BCE Everyone can see your desperation to get Scripture, Science and History to agree with your foolishness. It won't since Evolution is the biggest Lie ever told.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/07/150722144709.htm
History of agriculture - Wikipedia :
"The history of agriculture records the domestication of plants and animals and the development and dissemination of techniques for raising them productively. Agriculture began independently in different parts of the globe, and included a diverse range of taxa. At least eleven separate regions of the Old and New World were involved as independent centers of origin."​

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

I see that you cannot identify Jesus in Revelation. Can you identify Him in Genesis? Be specific and quote the verses which support your view. I don't think you can.

"The history of agriculture records the domestication of plants and animals and the development and dissemination of techniques for raising them productively. Agriculture began independently in different parts of the globe, and included a diverse range of taxa. At least eleven separate regions of the Old and New World were involved as independent centers of origin."

Since the FIRST Humans (Adam's descendants) arrived on the Ark, some 11k years ago, according to History, there can be NO Human farming until AFTER that dating. I noticed that you didn't support your view with actual facts. Is that because you cannot? Of course it is. God Bless you

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I see that you cannot identify Jesus in Revelation. Can you identify Him in Genesis? Be specific and quote the verses which support your view. I don't think you can.

Since the FIRST Humans (Adam's descendants) arrived on the Ark, some 11k years ago, according to History, there can be NO Human farming until AFTER that dating. I noticed that you didn't support your view with actual facts. Is that because you cannot? Of course it is. God Bless you
Comment: since our understanding of the universe is incomplete, surely you could make a prediction on the direction of scientific discovery from the bible if it at all hinted at things that would not be known for over a thousand years after it was written. Yet, I've never seen anything from you about physics questions yet to be answered that could actually be tested, or anything else that would be the best way to support your position.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Remember, I don't believe Jesus to be divine, so as far as I'm concerned, Revelation doesn't mention him. As for Genesis, I've already pointed out the various names used for God, none of them Jesus.
Humans have been here for hundreds of thousands of years and never arrived here by Ark. So according to History, it is YOU who is wrong. History tells us that farming has been here for 23k years and came about independently at least 11 times in various civilisations throughout the world, not just in the middle east (let alone the fertile crescent alone), that's what the information and link I posted tells us. I gave you the facts and as predicted, you pretend there wasn't any presented and just assert unfounded nonsense over the top. Typical for you to be so dishonest Aman, I'm not even surprised anymore.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Comment: since our understanding of the universe is incomplete, surely you could make a prediction on the direction of scientific discovery from the bible if it at all hinted at things that would not be known for over a thousand years after it was written. Yet, I've never seen anything from you about physics questions yet to be answered that could actually be tested, or anything else that would be the best way to support your position.

Physic equations have claimed there is more than one Universe in our Multiverse. Gen 1:8 tells of one of these Heavens. Gen 2:4 tells us of other HeavenS. This confirms the ideas of physicists. Parallel universes. [VIDEO]

Today's Science is ignorant of what is continuing to push the Galaxies at faster and faster speeds in violation of the Laws of Gravity. They suppose it's "dark energy" since they don't know what is causing it. The reason is that we are being pulled toward other Heavens, which are much larger than our Cosmos, by plain old Gravity.

Mystery bright spots could be first glimpse of another universe

Want more?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have a great example of another actual scientific prediction for @Almost there .

(Borrowed from a friend of mine on Facebook)
In 1915 ornithologist William Beebe noticed remnants of feathers on the legs of Archaeopteryx, in his paper titled "A Tetrapteryx Stage in the Ancestry of Birds", he also says in this paper, "Recently, while examining the fresh body of a four-days'-old White-winged Dove in the New York Zoological Park, I observed its almost naked body a remarkable development of sprouting quills across the upper part of the hind-leg, and extending torward the tail across the patagium just behind the femur". Based on these 2 observations, Beebe hypothesized that a transitional bird-like dinosaur with winged legs existed since Archaeopteryx and modern birds seemed to have remnants of such. He named the hypothetical form Tetrapteryx. In 2003 paleontologist described exactly what Beebe predicted 87 years prior, Norell discovered the dinosaur Microraptor had exactly the trait. Since then dinosaurs such as Changyuraptor, Pedopenna, Anchiornis and Xiaotingia have also been found with this trait.​
Tetapteryx.jpg

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Remember, I don't believe Jesus to be divine, so as far as I'm concerned, Revelation doesn't mention him. As for Genesis, I've already pointed out the various names used for God, none of them Jesus.

Here is a picture of Jesus in Revelation.

Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and He had a name written, that no man knew, but He Himself.

No man knows how to say YHWH but Jesus does since He and YHWH are the same. Jesus IS Lord God in the O.T. He is the only God ever formed physically and the only God who ever will be formed physically.

Isa 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD;(Heb-YHWH) and beside Me there is no saviour.

Here is a picture of Jesus in the O.T.

Eze 1:27 And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of His loins even upward, and from the appearance of His loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.

Jesus is brighter than the noonday Sun. Act 22:6 Can you tell us of any other Being like Him? Of course not.

Humans have been here for hundreds of thousands of years and never arrived here by Ark.

False assumption since Adam, the first Human, was made on the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4-7 and "every other creature that moves" was made on the 5th Day. Gen 1:21 IOW, Your's is but a part truth. Try again?

Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Here is a picture of Jesus in Revelation.

Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and He had a name written, that no man knew, but He Himself.
None of the new testament describes him like this, none of the many, many paintings of Jesus looks like this, this is completely out of character for what the New Testament describes him as.
No man knows how to say YHWH but Jesus does since He and YHWH are the same. Jesus IS Lord God in the O.T. He is the only God ever formed physically and the only God who ever will be formed physically.

Isa 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD;(Heb-YHWH) and beside Me there is no saviour.
More assertions, doesn't talk of Jesus.
Here is a picture of Jesus in the O.T.

Eze 1:27 And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of His loins even upward, and from the appearance of His loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.

Jesus is brighter than the noonday Sun. Act 22:6 Can you tell us of any other Being like Him? Of course not.
Yes, Of course not - I don't believe such a being exists. This is just your opinion yet again. It holds no weight Aman.
False assumption since Adam, the first Human, was made on the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4-7 and "every other creature that moves" was made on the 5th Day. Gen 1:21 IOW, Your's is but a part truth. Try again?
That's just more of your unfounded and unsupported opinion. Science doesn't support you, History doesn't support you and I don't even thing the Bible supports you. You're just adding your imagination onto Scripture without foundation. I'm sorry you don't like it but them's the facts.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
None of the new testament describes him like this, none of the many, many paintings of Jesus looks like this, this is completely out of character for what the New Testament describes him as.

Here is Jesus in the New Testament:

Mat 17:1 ¶ And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, Mat 17:2 And was transfigured before them: and His face did shine as the sun, and His raiment was white as the light.

Jesus IS the Light of the first Day. He came into the physical world and is the only Literal Image of the invisible Spirit, we call God. Every man MUST stand in front of Him as He is. It will be like standing 6 feet from the Sun.

More assertions, doesn't talk of Jesus.

Are you trying to convince us that Jesus is not God? What will you say when you stand in front of Him?

Yes, Of course not - I don't believe such a being exists. This is just your opinion yet again. It holds no weight Aman.

What a terrible fear awaits those who wake up to Judgment. The Being you don't believe exists, is your Judge.

Aman777 said:

That's just more of your unfounded and unsupported opinion. Science doesn't support you, History doesn't support you and I don't even thing the Bible supports you. You're just adding your imagination onto Scripture without foundation. I'm sorry you don't like it but them's the facts.

You are entitled to your opinion but not your "facts". I see no rebuttal at all from you, neither Scripturally, Scientifically nor Historically. It's like shooting fish in a barrel refuting (proving wrong) your ideas. God Bless you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Here is Jesus in the New Testament:

Mat 17:1 ¶ And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, Mat 17:2 And was transfigured before them: and His face did shine as the sun, and His raiment was white as the light.

Jesus IS the Light of the first Day. He came into the physical world and is the only Literal Image of the invisible Spirit, we call God. Every man MUST stand in front of Him as He is. It will be like standing 6 feet from the Sun.
.....so, no flames shooting from his eyes and unpronounceable names written somewhere on the many crowns he doesn't seem to be wearing here? Also, the OT passage you quoted in parallel makes no mention of these particular traits here now, does it?

You've made a gratuitous connection where there isn't one. Neither passage supports the other I'm afraid. Both passages read in context to their respective chapters also read very differently again.
Are you trying to convince us that Jesus is not God? What will you say when you stand in front of Him?
I'm still not convinced there is a God, let alone Jesus is God too. why should the Bible be believed with all these tall and contradictory stories coming from it if you think it's all literal history?
What a terrible fear awaits those who wake up to Judgment. The Being you don't believe exists, is your Judge.
I'll believe it if I ever see it. All the evidence we have shows our consciousness is an emergent property entirely reliant on our physical brains to manifest. As a consequence, our consciousness (along with other functions our body manifests, such as digestion) cease when we die. So tell me, do you believe our Digestion goes to heaven with us too? Do we eat and drink in Heaven?
You are entitled to your opinion but not your "facts". I see no rebuttal at all from you, neither Scripturally, Scientifically nor Historically. It's like shooting fish in a barrel refuting (proving wrong) your ideas. God Bless you
"That, which is asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchins (a.k.a Hitchins Razor)
You literally have no foundation for the drivel you put forth. Even setting aside my observations as an Atheist - Many, many other Christians including quite a few with well-established biblical study credentials and decades upon decades of professional study behind them, don't agree with you.

Unless you can provide a well-established and convincing argument (and you have failed dismally in doing this), I'll take their word over yours every time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What will you say when you stand before Zeus and he asks you why you never believed in him?
Actually Zeus is going to stand before us.

1 Corinthians 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I left this thread a bit for what it was.

I see that there still isn't anyone that succesfully met the challenge of sharing clear and unambigous testable predictions of the creation model...

I am, off course, not surprised.

Upvote 0