creation & evolution ~Moved from Creation/Evolution Formal Debates~

BEN1

Jan 5, 2007
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:wave: i say to people what 'the way of the master' team say if God didnt create the world then that is like saying bricks suddenly evolved from an explosion (the big bang) and they climbed on top of each other with a mix (mortar) from outer space and it formed into a building or a drinks can just suddenly made itself i could give other examples, there has to be a designer and a maker things dont suddenly appear the scientists say it evolved over millions of years, because they dont want to admit they are not in charge of life.
if we come from monkeys then when are the other monkeys going to change into people im still waiting!! yawn!
has it happened yet, no didnt think so!
in Britain there are over 200 different trees
did you know that giraffes are the only animal to be born hind legs first because of their height if they were born head first they would be hurt or killed when they hit the ground.
creation is marvellous look at every aspect of every species the eyes, ears, mouth, nose, eye lids, lashes lims, all the organs, all purposely made the trees flowers insects animals mammals all have a reason for being made i could on and on and on
<staff edit>

AutumnJ

Wishing For Snow
Apr 6, 2006
Idaho, temporarily...
✟8,196.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What about both? I believe in both, because so much can be explained by science; i.e. big bang and evolution, and that's just boiling it down to the steps that have taken place. We are very close to have dissected the whole thing; creation of life, down to one ingredient. In no way can evolution explain it all yet, becaue we still have the missing part: The beginning. That's where creation comes in; the hands that were at work, and which whom could explain better than any of us: the thing we like to call God. :)

Upvote 0

TheDreadedAtheist

Jan 4, 2007
✟8,002.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am going to assume it is open to anyone, because there are no names in the title.

Here we go:

:wave: i say to people what 'the way of the master' team say if God didnt create the world then that is like saying bricks suddenly evolved from an explosion (the big bang) and they climbed on top of each other with a mix (mortar) from outer space and it formed into a building or a drinks can just suddenly made itself i could give other examples, there has to be a designer and a maker things dont suddenly appear the scientists say it evolved over millions of years, because they dont want to admit they are not in charge of life.
The Big Bang was much more than some random explosion. The Big Bang was the transition from singularity to spacial and temporal existence. From the Big Bang space began. This is not to say that space was already there, and the Big Bang put things in it. I am saying the Big Bang was the beginning of space and time (space and time are inseparable). So there is no before the Big Bang (to make that clear from the beginning), and the Big Bang was not just an explosion.

You mention the improbability of the Big Bang producing life. This is a rather common misconception. To understand this you must take into account the vastness of the Universe, and the great amount of time involved. If the Big Bang created a space the size of our solar system, then you would be right, and I would probably be a creationist, like many others would be. There are billions upon billions of planets in the universe. The chances of one having the ability to support life is INCREDIBLY high. It would not surprise me at all if there were several planets that can and do support life in the Universe.

if we come from monkeys then when are the other monkeys going to change into people im still waiting!! yawn!
I imagine that eventually they will evolve into something. People? I'm not so sure, but something? Yes. You have to understand that evolution is not a process that occurs over night.
That is a wonderful bit of info there. Thanks.
did you know that giraffes are the only animal to be born hind legs first because of their height if they were born head first they would be hurt or killed when they hit the ground.
A phenomenon explained by evolution. Thanks for the info by the way.
creation is marvellous look at every aspect of every species the eyes, ears, mouth, nose, eye lids, lashes lims, all the organs, all purposely made the trees flowers insects animals mammals all have a reason for being made i could on and on and on
<staff edit>[/quote]

PS- What is a "lashes lims"?

Reactions: PKJ
Upvote 0

AutumnJ

Wishing For Snow
Apr 6, 2006
Idaho, temporarily...
✟8,196.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am going to assume it is open to anyone, because there are no names in the title.

Here we go:

The Big Bang was much more than some random explosion. The Big Bang was the transition from singularity to spacial and temporal existence. From the Big Bang space began. This is not to say that space was already there, and the Big Bang put things in it. I am saying the Big Bang was the beginning of space and time (space and time are inseparable). So there is no before the Big Bang (to make that clear from the beginning), and the Big Bang was not just an explosion.

You mention the improbability of the Big Bang producing life. This is a rather common misconception. To understand this you must take into account the vastness of the Universe, and the great amount of time involved. If the Big Bang created a space the size of our solar system, then you would be right, and I would probably be a creationist, like many others would be. There are billions upon billions of planets in the universe. The chances of one having the ability to support life is INCREDIBLY high. It would not surprise me at all if there were several planets that can and do support life in the Universe.

I imagine that eventually they will evolve into something. People? I'm not so sure, but something? Yes. You have to understand that evolution is not a process that occurs over night.

That is a wonderful bit of info there. Thanks.

A phenomenon explained by evolution. Thanks for the info by the way.

<staff edit>
PS- What is a "lashes lims"?
LOL! nicely put. A bit forward for cf, but I must acknowledge your very clever input.

Upvote 0

CrusaderofReason

Jan 20, 2007
✟7,676.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
i say to people what 'the way of the master' team say if God didnt create the world then that is like saying bricks suddenly evolved from an explosion (the big bang) and they climbed on top of each other with a mix (mortar) from outer space and it formed into a building or a drinks can

You say it like it happened in ten seconds. It didn't. After the big bang the universe took a while to cool down from 18 octillion degrees. It isn't like all of our things just appeared. We have progressed. e.x. We didn't have lights in the 1700s. He made them no creator did. The universe is very old. Billions of years old. While life is a one in a billion chance, there has been billions of chances.

things dont suddenly appear

They didn't.......

Monkey won't just change into people. At least have some faint idea of what you are talking about before you speak. This is a concept called natural selection. The strongest survives. The monkey of today aren't changing into people because they don't need to. If all the sudden there was a new species that was smart and was killing them, then only the smart monkeys would survive. After a few million years of this, the will have larger cerebrums through selective breeding. Only the best genes survive to be passed on. That's how it started. Humans came from a long line of selective breeding to only pass on the best genes for their environment.

Ok, not sure what this has to do with your argument.

More evidence for evolution. As giraffes got bigger, their offspring were dying, so the ones with the genes to help them survive live on.

<staff edit>

Evolution is not a COP out. It requires you to think for yourself rather then just believe in what you're told.

Upvote 0
C

Caleb89

Sorry, but I have to give my input.

Why this is such a debated issue among Christians is BEYOND me.

1.) God created ALL.

2.) We do not know for sure, and will never know for sure until we get to heaven, how God created the earth. (and by then it won't matter because the Bible says that God will wipe away all our memories of the old earth.)

3.) The Bible says that He created the world in six days. (Which He very well could have, as He IS God.). However, God is not bound by time and space as we are. To God a day is 1,000 years and a 1,000 years is a day. Time is irrelavent to Him.

4.) Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins and then rose on the third day so that we could have Everlasting Life. No where in our Plan for Salvation is knowing for certainty the Creation of the earth and how it was done a stipulation.

So, whether God created the World in seven days or through evolution, IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!!!!! The point is He created it!!!!

And whatever way He created it has no bearing on our Salvation!!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shadowsun

Jan 29, 2007
✟7,667.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

1.) God created ALL.

2.) We do not know for sure, and will never know for sure until we get to heaven, how God created the earth. (and by then it won't matter because the Bible says that God will wipe away all our memories of the old earth.)

3.) The Bible says that He created the world in six days. (Which He very well could have, as He IS God.). However, God is not bound by time and space as we are. To God a day is 1,000 years and a 1,000 years is a day. Time is irrelavent to Him.

4.) Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins and then rose on the third day so that we could have Everlasting Life. No where in our Plan for Salvation is knowing for certainty the Creation of the earth and how it was done a stipulation.

So, whether God created the World in seven days or through evolution, IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!!!!! The point is He created it!!!!

1) The burden of evidence lies with you. Evolution puts forward some nice evidence. We are yet to see evidence of this God and his awesome powers.

2) Since I don't believe in an afterlife of any kind, all rests with our brilliant scientists who make new discoveries every day and will hopefully some day understand it all. Without Divine help but through research and scientific evidence. If anyone deserves praise, it is them.

3) If we don't take that part of the Bible serieously, why any other part?

4) Eh:scratch:? not sure what you're saying there...

IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!!!!!
Typical argument to close a thread if hardcore fundamentalists can't win. I say it does matter! I challenge all of you creationists and fundamentalists out there! Prove God! Disprove evolution!

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat

1.) God created ALL.

We just wish that fundamentalists would stop trying to ruin our children's science education by insisting their view be taught in the classroom.

Upvote 0