Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
When asked to comment, MSNBC's Rachel Maddow stated, "I thought hate speech was appropriate, even toward minors, when they are Trump supporters."

Your quote appears to be largely a plagiarized and unsourced verbatim copy and paste of some sort of news(?) article. Do you have a source because I've tried to find a source for this supposed Maddow quote, but nothing is coming up.

edit - looks like the plagiarism is from here.
Report: Black Hebrew Israelites confronting Covington Catholic students a ‘hate group’

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True -- just as guilty as your news sources. And they better all get in line cuz they are all going to be sued.

About time somebody stands up for the innocent.

M-Bob

That lawyers have a couple of years to research who all said what so it makes you wonder just exactly how far they will go with this? Will it end with the Post or will it spill over to social media and internet forums? Hmmmmm. :scratch:

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Covington Catholic High student's lawyer says lawsuit is 'message' for 'weaponized' Washington Post..

This kid is probably going to end up being very rich because there are probably many more of these lawsuits to come. That's what happens when news groups jump off the wall and don't check out the truth in their reporting. Caring not about the lives they may be wrecking.

M-Bob
Good for them! :oldthumbsup: And I hope WaPo is the first of the many high profile celebs and news organizations who get sued! They deserve it!

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟451,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Exactly as expected. Mommy & Daddy hired an expensive PR firm

Who is this PR firm?

for him the 2nd after it happened to spin things around, then hired an expensive law firm.

Who is this law firm?

Too bad folks like the Central Park 5 didn't have access to high priced spin doctors & attorneys when the likes of Donald Trump ruined more than just a couple of days out of their lives.

Maybe...but regardless, it doesn't seem relevant to this case.

My school played against Covington. This kid had earned himself a reputation for being a brat before he acted like a brat in front of the world.

The kids didn't force any racist hate groups to show up...and they didn't force these natives to stand up for the racist hate group.

The fault lies with him & with the chaperones who did all put pour gasoline over the incident. Not with Washington Post. I hope that the judge makes the mommy & daddy pay for the legal fees for WaPa. They apparently don't want to teach their son how to behave decently, well maybe the court needs to parent those parents.

I don't think standing up to racists is wrong.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟451,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Political stunt. Everyone needs to stop with "we care about the kids" malarky.

Seriously....if you can't completely mischaracterize a kid to further a political agenda and cause a bunch of simple minded sheep to terrorize and threaten his life....and not face any consequences, I'm not sure I want to be an American anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟279,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know why I'm even arguing about the Central Park Five. I was initially responding to Go Braves reference to an ad that doesn't even mention the Central Park Five:

1989-Trump-Death-Penalty-ad.png

All I will say further about it is that the guilt of Matias Reyes does not imply the innocence of the Central Park Five - the police considered it most likely that Reyes was an accomplice of the Central Park Five.

A smirk is a smile with intent that is not "pleased, kind, or amused".

Do you expect that Nick Sandman should have been pleased or amused in this circumstance?

Perhaps you've never been disrespected.
Well, you are a lucky man/woman. The rest of the world can recognize a smirk for what it is. I'd say I'm a little jealous of your circumstance but frankly, I feel confident that at least once in your life you have been disrespected and you're just trying to defend, a relatively innocuous act that is still disrespectful. I GET that his actions were not THAT bad, but let's not pretend this "poor kid" should be help up as a kind of martyr for being disrespectful; even mildly so.

I don't see how it's disrespectful. I don't even see how you're supposed to show respect to somebody who's getting in your face and trying to intimidate you. He should be held as a martyr for all the lies the press told about him, and press must be held accountable or this won't stop.

I am very curious though; While I appreciate that you recognized a "smirk", I'm hoping you could answer, why do you think he was "smirking"? According to the definition, your choices are "smug, conceit, or silly"?

My best guess is that in the face of a man who had come up to him and made a scene he decided to be the adult and keeping his composure. I'm sure it was a forced smile; he couldn't have been feeling very friendly. He showed admirable restraint, especially considering his age.

• Winner
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟279,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
He's young, and attention spans are short. Six months -- tops -- and he'll be happily forgotten. Such is the cult of celebrity.

But then the media lies will continue. Actually, judging by the credulity with which they treated Jussie Smolett's story, they already have. So the President's supporters have decided they're done just letting things like this go...

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know why I'm even arguing about the Central Park Five. I was initially responding to Go Braves reference to an ad that doesn't even mention the Central Park Five:

1989-Trump-Death-Penalty-ad.png

All I will say further about it is that the guilt of Matias Reyes does not imply the innocence of the Central Park Five - the police considered it most likely that Reyes was an accomplice of the Central Park Five.

Do you expect that Nick Sandman should have been pleased or amused in this circumstance?

I don't see how it's disrespectful. I don't even see how you're supposed to show respect to somebody who's getting in your face and trying to intimidate you. He should be held as a martyr for all the lies the press told about him, and press must be held accountable or this won't stop.

My best guess is that in the face of a man who had come up to him and made a scene he decided to be the adult and keeping his composure. I'm sure it was a forced smile; he couldn't have been feeling very friendly. He showed admirable restraint, especially considering his age.

This is a terrific display of the hypocrisy of Donald Trump. He claims to care about law & order. Maybe he just meant he likes the TV show? Yet I wouldn't be at all surprised if he pardons Manafort, a brazen criminal, for his crimes. He pardoned a racist who broke the law. He didn't push for the death penalty for Epstein & gave the prosecutor who bent over backwards to help that child rapist out a position in his cabinet.

I guess in comparison to Donald Trump & the criminals who've worked for him, the kids from Covington showed "admirable restraint."

• Haha
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
But then the media lies will continue.

That's hardly his problem.

Actually, judging by the credulity with which they treated Jussie Smolett's story, they already have.

That was a deliberate hoax. You fell for it at first, why blame the media for doing likewise?

So the President's supporters have decided they're done just letting things like this go...

Remind me to rip Matthew 5:39 out of the Bible and toss it into the fireplace; it seems to have no place among the President's supporters.

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
You can't very well pardon someone who didn't break the law...

Correct. Donald pardoned those who broke the law instead of pushing for harsh penalties for them, & has talked about pardoning Manafort who brazenly & repeatedly broke laws. You did a terrific job displaying his hypocrisy for us.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟279,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
That's hardly his problem.

It's everyone's problem. Hence the need to teach the Washington Post, and by extension the press in general, a lesson.

That was a deliberate hoax. You fell for it at first, why blame the media for doing likewise?

I never fell for it, nor did anyone who examined it objectively. His story never added up from the beginning. The media fell for it because the were willing to believe anything negative about Trump supporters. That's why they're called fake news.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Lol if we're going to teach lessons on fake news & misinformation we ought to sue Donald J Trump & the White House. On top of that, he constantly bullies folks of all ages. /s

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But then the media lies will continue. Actually, judging by the credulity with which they treated Jussie Smolett's story, they already have. So the President's supporters have decided they're done just letting things like this go...

Given the number of Trump supporters who force feed themselves bogus stories from the Conservisphere and Russian trolls on social media this comment is hilariously ironic.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's everyone's problem. Hence the need to teach the Washington Post, and by extension the press in general, a lesson.

Shall we teach the government a similar lesson when they lie to us as well?

I never fell for it, nor did anyone who examined it objectively. His story never added up from the beginning.

And yet you said nothing. Isn't that a lie by omission?

The media fell for it because the were willing to believe anything negative about Trump supporters. That's why they're called fake news.

No, they're called fake news because Donald calls them fake news.

And Donald calls them fake news because he can't pronounce "lugenpresse."

Upvote 0