Kenmore, WA
✟278,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The DNA matched only the man who confessed that he was the lone perpetrator. How much spin is needed?

He said he was the lone perpetrator? Well, if you can't take a rapist's word at face value, what can you believe?

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
He said he was the lone perpetrator? Well, if you can't take a rapist's word at face value, what can you believe?

What evidence do you need? I have the court documents that lay out the evidence the court had when it prosecuted and what it now had when it was making the decision to vacate the trial. The guy who did it said he was lone perpetrator. The DNA matched him. There was no DNA matches with the Central Park Five on the victim nor in the scene of the crime. This is all coming from the primary source from the State of New York. There is no spin needed. They are innocent.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
What evidence do you need? I have the court documents that lay out the evidence the court had when it prosecuted and what it now had when it was making the decision to vacate the trial. The guy who did it said he was lone perpetrator. The DNA matched him. There was no DNA matches with the Central Park Five on the victim nor in the scene of the crime. This is all coming from the primary source from the State of New York. There is no spin needed. They are innocent.
Horse+water≠Drink

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The PR campaign in recent years to convince the public that the Central Park Five were innocent would qualify as some high priced spin-doctoring I would think.

When a lefty political activist got up in his face chanting and pounding a drum, he stood his ground - and he smiled! The audacity!

covington-smirk-maga-comic.png

I doesn't speak well for your character when a teenage boy can trigger you so hard just by smirking.

The days of letting stories like this go are over. For far too long the lying press has bent on taking down Trump by whatever means necessary, paying no regard to how many innocent they hurt in the process. Now they are finally being held accountable for their lies. Hopefully next we'll see criminal charges against Smollett. Until we ensure that those who perpetrate hoaxes like these are made to pay, these hoaxes will continue.
You might want to be precise in your language since you move from smiling to smirking as though they are totally interchangeable words.
To be fair it's hard to be a Trump supporter if precise word usage is important.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The lawsuit was filed in Kentucky federal court yesterday and accused the Post of targeting Sandmann through a “modern day form of McCarthyism” and “using its vast financial resources to enter the bully pulpit by publishing a series of false and defamatory print and online articles … to smear a young boy who was in its view an acceptable casualty in their war against the president.”

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've thought that this lawsuit doesn't have much of a shot, but have been loathe to post that opinion without seeing the lawsuit. However, from what I'm reading, most lawyers who have read the lawsuit don't give it much of a chance. As an example, this post from the highly respected Volokh Conspiracy website lays out the issues with the case.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've thought that this lawsuit doesn't have much of a shot, but have been loathe to post that opinion without seeing the lawsuit. However, from what I'm reading, most lawyers who have read the lawsuit don't give it much of a chance. As an example, this post from the highly respected Volokh Conspiracy website lays out the issues with the case.

Since they have lied and picked on a young man that is not only a minor but has not started his career yet and there could be damaging results we're looking at a good lawsuit here very good.

From what we hear there are few more lawsuits probably coming -- this young man will probably end up being very very rich.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This kid is probably going to end up being very rich because there are probably many more of these lawsuits to come. That's what happens when news groups jump off the wall and don't check out the truth in their reporting. Caring not about the lives they may be wrecking.

M-Bob

$250 million? Wow... somebody must've really gotten their feelings hurt.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since they have lied and picked on a young man that is not only a minor but has not started his career yet and there could be damaging results we're looking at a good lawsuit here very good.

From what we hear there are few more lawsuits probably coming -- this young man will probably end up being very very rich.

M-Bob

I can see you didn't read the legal opinion. Try looking at my link -- nothing you say appears to be factual. Though perhaps you can quote the lies that the Washington Post made?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've taken my five oldest children to several public demonstrations with me over the years and none of them ever reacted with hostility toward anyone when they were confronted with opposition. My two youngest daughters were yelled at when we attended the last demonstration against DAPL. Neither of my daughters reacted with hostility because I taught my children how to react calmly to opposition.

From my perspective it would seem they are very similar in behavior to the kid in question. I see no hostility in a smile in the face of being singled out for an extremely intimate drum concert.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The young man's lawyer was just on TV stating that there are 51 more organizations and or people on the list facing possible lawsuits regarding this matter.

When someone states lies about a minor on the internet these lies will follow them for the rest of their life. Can cause grave harm not only to them but, also to family and friends.

M-Bob

• Winner
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From my perspective it would seem they are very similar in behavior to the kid in question. I see no hostility in a smile in the face of being singled out for an extremely intimate drum concert.

It looked like he was smirking to me, but I could be wrong. I was wrong the first time around and judged him far too quickly. I'm much more cautious not to immediately judge stories like this.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,365.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Apparently you can believe people you have never meet are rapists even though the state admits it lacks the standard of evidence needed to convict them.

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,365.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The young man's lawyer was just on TV stating that there are 51 more organizations and or people on the list facing possible lawsuits regarding this matter.

When someone states lies about a minor on the internet these lies will follow them for the rest of their life. Can cause grave harm not only to them but, also to family and friends.

M-Bob

Cool. Now all he has to do is prove that the harm was intentional and he will have a case.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It is more about hurting big business rather then "getting rich" in many cases.

I never said it was about getting rich -- it seems to be about retribution for a whole lot of hurt feelings...

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am pretty sure that kid have already revived death threats, is that not sufficient reason enough?

And his family and even one of his friends who did not attend the event in Washington received a death threat.

So let's not play about how all innocent this all is.

I'm sure by the time it's all over he's going to come out just for himself with well over 25 million dollars.

We are talking maybe another 25 to 50 lawsuits. Those ones have been put on notice apologize and make it real and make it fast or you may be the next one sued.

M-Bob

• Winner
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
When a lefty political activist got up in his face chanting and pounding a drum, he stood his ground - and he smiled! The audacity!

The narrative seems to change from week to week. Half of the time he was a scared child being terrorized by a drum wielding monster, the other half he's a brave white warrior staring down an uppity brown man.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0