Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The last 2 passages cannot be true since peter rebuked Jesus for telling them he had to die. None of the 12 understood why Jesus had to die.

You claim you understood progressive revelation so why infer something that scripture clearly indicated otherwise?
"The lamb that takes away the sin" would undoubtedly ring a bell to ancient Hebrews that memorized Scripture. That obviously took being fulfilled in order to understand more completely what was written and spoken of by prophets. It's not something we can wrap our minds around.....that someone's death defeated death and sin. How much more difficult for those in Jesus' day.. before the Cross to comprehend?.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Are you aware that the ot prophets stated that A king was promised to Israel that will come from the loins of David and will usher them to the promised kingdom on earth?

That is the gospel of the kingdom
A priestly/king......yes, in the order of Melchizedek. Do you deny that is Jesus? That cannot be on earth.

Hebrews 8:4 ~ Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are already priests who offer gifts according to the law.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
have never heard of Scofeld until people tell me about him, nor have his reference bible. He is not a Mid Acts dispy, I learn from Cornelius R Stam and Les Feldick.

You don't need any of Scofeld stuff, just read your Bible. I have already stated the following to you, using Scripture

You just contradicted yourself.

There was no "Mid-Acts" Dispensationalism until Stam and others slightly modified Scofield's system. Mid-Acts Dispensationalism has never been discovered by a man just reading his Bible on a desert island.

You said you can find your system from the Bible, after you said you learned it from Stam, and Feldick.

• Useful
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You just contradicted yourself.

There was no "Mid-Acts" Dispensationalism until Stam and others slightly modified Scofield's system. Mid-Acts Dispensationalism has never been discovered by a man just reading his Bible on a desert island.

You said you can find your system from the Bible, after you said you learned it from Stam, and Feldick.

Everything I reference to you is from the Bible correct?

Now, if you disagree with the interpretation of those and you prefer to have your own interpretation, I am fine, and we can agree to disagree.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A priestly/king......yes, in the order of Melchizedek. Do you deny that is Jesus? That cannot be on earth.

Hebrews 8:4 ~ Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are already priests who offer gifts according to the law.

If you want to understand how the 12 understood the gospel of the kingdom during the 4 gospels, you cannot anticipate revelation and use the books that were written after Jesus ascended to heaven.

Luke 1 gives you what they were expecting.

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Later on, the father of John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied what Israel was expecting from Jesus then.

67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

Notice, not a single verse that says they expected their King to die on the cross and rise on the 3rd day?

And if you know a little bit about the history of Israel then, Israel was conquered by the Romans and was a vassal state.

It was said that, before Jesus was born, during the 400 so years of silence after Malachi, the Roman great general Pompey actually entered their temple's holy of holies, curious to see what their image of God was like.

That must rank as one of the big insults to Israel.

So to them, Jesus being sent to them as their promised King, to deliver them from Roman rule, was THE GOSPEL

And that gospel is called the gospel of the kingdom.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I provided scripture for that claim.

But I do understand that, I cannot make anyone read them, if they refuse to do so.

Up to this point, I cannot get you to see the word "now" in the scripture below.
And I understand why.

Once a person comes to understand the fulfillment of the New Covenant, all forms of modern Dispensational Theology fall apart, and that would include the Two Gospels doctrine.

The author of the Book of Hebrews quoted the promise of the New Covenant found in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and started and ended the passage with the word "now", showing it was fulfilled during the first century.

The Dispensationalists claim that God is going back to the Old Covenant during a future time falls apart in Hebrews 8:13, and Hebrews 10:16-18.

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

Notice, not a single verse that says they expected their King to die on the cross and rise on the 3rd day?

And if you know a little bit about the history of Israel then, Israel was conquered by the Romans and was a vassal state.

So to them, Jesus being sent to them as their promised King, to deliver them from Roman rule, was THE GOSPEL
I agree the ancientJews of Jesus's day were hoping for their promised Messiah....and look what God did.

It wasn't just the Romans that were oppressing the faithful believers. Their hope is within what you wrote here, maybe best summed up as:

To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

What's amazing is that the removal of the Old Covenant system and corrupt power of the apostate leaders allowed the early church believers rest from their enemies....and the early church grew and flourished to the point where the very empire that joined in attempts to stamp out the Jesus movement was the empire to fall.

Quoting Andy Stanley:

If Paul could have imagined on the way to his execution that one day the Roman Empire would fall but Christianity would remain.

The testimonies of Peter, Luke, James, Paul, and others provide ample explanation for why the Jesus movement not only survived the first century, but eventually overcame the very political and religious machines intent on destroying it. Two thousand years ago, the cross symbolized the power of empire. Today it symbolizes the power of God.

The Gospel message? As Andy Stanley has said:

"The central teaching of the church was not 'we believe something is true', the central teaching of the church was 'we believe something happened.'"

Every religion has a "truth" to teach, he says, but the Christian message is that God raised Jesus Christ from the dead."
"
Andy Stanley: Jesus Christ Upheld His Promise to Build His Church - The Christian Post

Timeline------>"That the World May Know | Temple Events" Temple Events

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If you want to understand how the 12 understood the gospel of the kingdom during the 4 gospels, you cannot anticipate revelation and use the books that were written after Jesus ascended to heaven.

Luke 1 gives you what they were expecting.

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Later on, the father of John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied what Israel was expecting from Jesus then.

67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

It was said that, before Jesus was born, during the 400 so years of silence after Malachi, the Roman great general Pompey actually entered their temple's holy of holies, curious to see what their image of God was like.

That must rank as one of the big insults to Israel.

And that gospel is called the gospel of the kingdom.
For the sake of those interested in reading in context:

"CHRIST, ISRAEL AND THE FALL OF JERUSALEM" CHRIST, ISRAEL AND THE FALL OF JERUSALEM
In the fullness of time, in accordance with the plan that He had indicated to Adam and Eve immediately after the Fall, and in accordance with the sayings of the Old Testament prophets, God, the Creator of the universe, became a man in the womb of the Holy Virgin Mary. Having lived a life of perfect virtue, He offered a perfect Sacrifice for the sins of all mankind on the Cross, died, and descended into hades, destroying the power of the devil and leading all the dead who believed in Him into Paradise. Then, on the third day, He rose from the dead, appeared to His disciples in His resurrected Body, and on the fortieth day ascended in glory into heaven. Ten days later, at Pentecost, the Holy Spirit descended on the disciples, creating the New Testament Church.

The events recounted in the Gospel constitute the most important series of events in history, the turning-point in the whole history of mankind. By His Resurrection from the dead, the central and completely decisive event in the history of the world, Christ proved the truth of all His claims and thereby gave hope to all men who believed in Him of receiving remission of sins and eternal life. For He was truly “The Word of God and God” (John 1.1), “the Lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world” (John 1.29) and “the Son of God, the King of Israel” (John 1.49). He was truly the pre-eternal God, Who had created the heavens and the earth and Who had “all authority in heaven and on earth”, over all creatures, both angelic and human (Matthew 28.18). Through His Incarnation as a man, His blameless life and Sacrificial Death on the Cross and Resurrection from the dead, He had truly given all men who believe in Him the possibility of remission of their sins, deliverance from hell and death, and eternal life with God in the age to come. The rest of history to this day has consisted in the self-determination of every nation and every individual in relation to this central, supremely important fact… The eternal destiny of every man in every age depends on his sincerely believing this good news and fulfilling the commandments of Christ.

Now Christ was also “the Son of David”, that is, a descendant of the old royal dynastic line of Israel; He came to restore that line and make it eternal. For, as the Archangel Gabriel said to the Virgin at the Annunciation: “He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His Kingdom there will be no end” (Luke 1.32-33).

What kind of Kingdom was meant here, and what kind of kingdom did the Jews have in mind for themselves? (Full article in link)​

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Up to this point, I cannot get you to see the word "now" in the scripture below.
And I understand why.

Once a person comes to understand the fulfillment of the New Covenant, all forms of modern Dispensational Theology fall apart, and that would include the Two Gospels doctrine.

The author of the Book of Hebrews quoted the promise of the New Covenant found in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and started and ended the passage with the word "now", showing it was fulfilled during the first century.

The Dispensationalists claim that God is going back to the Old Covenant during a future time falls apart in Hebrews 8:13, and Hebrews 10:16-18.

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Would you be willing to quote from acts 2 and 3 instead to tell me what peter actually preached to Israel, as I did, to establish your point?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the sake of those interested in reading in context:

"CHRIST, ISRAEL AND THE FALL OF JERUSALEM" CHRIST, ISRAEL AND THE FALL OF JERUSALEM
In the fullness of time, in accordance with the plan that He had indicated to Adam and Eve immediately after the Fall, and in accordance with the sayings of the Old Testament prophets, God, the Creator of the universe, became a man in the womb of the Holy Virgin Mary. Having lived a life of perfect virtue, He offered a perfect Sacrifice for the sins of all mankind on the Cross, died, and descended into hades, destroying the power of the devil and leading all the dead who believed in Him into Paradise. Then, on the third day, He rose from the dead, appeared to His disciples in His resurrected Body, and on the fortieth day ascended in glory into heaven. Ten days later, at Pentecost, the Holy Spirit descended on the disciples, creating the New Testament Church.

The events recounted in the Gospel constitute the most important series of events in history, the turning-point in the whole history of mankind. By His Resurrection from the dead, the central and completely decisive event in the history of the world, Christ proved the truth of all His claims and thereby gave hope to all men who believed in Him of receiving remission of sins and eternal life. For He was truly “The Word of God and God” (John 1.1), “the Lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world” (John 1.29) and “the Son of God, the King of Israel” (John 1.49). He was truly the pre-eternal God, Who had created the heavens and the earth and Who had “all authority in heaven and on earth”, over all creatures, both angelic and human (Matthew 28.18). Through His Incarnation as a man, His blameless life and Sacrificial Death on the Cross and Resurrection from the dead, He had truly given all men who believe in Him the possibility of remission of their sins, deliverance from hell and death, and eternal life with God in the age to come. The rest of history to this day has consisted in the self-determination of every nation and every individual in relation to this central, supremely important fact… The eternal destiny of every man in every age depends on his sincerely believing this good news and fulfilling the commandments of Christ.

Now Christ was also “the Son of David”, that is, a descendant of the old royal dynastic line of Israel; He came to restore that line and make it eternal. For, as the Archangel Gabriel said to the Virgin at the Annunciation: “He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His Kingdom there will be no end” (Luke 1.32-33).

What kind of Kingdom was meant here, and what kind of kingdom did the Jews have in mind for themselves? (Full article in link)​

Oh you worship in an Orthodox Church?

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Oh you worship in an Orthodox Church?
Is that your only take-away from that?
BTW.....just because I can agree with something doesn't automatically imply I'm an active part of it.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that your only take-away from that?
BTW.....just because I can agree with something doesn't automatically imply I'm an active part of it.

CHill I was just asking you a question to understand your background.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree the ancientJews of Jesus's day were hoping for their promised Messiah....and look what God did.

It wasn't just the Romans that were oppressing the faithful believers. Their hope is within what you wrote here, maybe best summed up as:

To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

What's amazing is that the removal of the Old Covenant system and corrupt power of the apostate leaders allowed the early church believers rest from their enemies....and the early church grew and flourished to the point where the very empire that joined in attempts to stamp out the Jesus movement was the empire to fall.

Quoting Andy Stanley:

If Paul could have imagined on the way to his execution that one day the Roman Empire would fall but Christianity would remain.

The testimonies of Peter, Luke, James, Paul, and others provide ample explanation for why the Jesus movement not only survived the first century, but eventually overcame the very political and religious machines intent on destroying it. Two thousand years ago, the cross symbolized the power of empire. Today it symbolizes the power of God.

The Gospel message? As Andy Stanley has said:

"The central teaching of the church was not 'we believe something is true', the central teaching of the church was 'we believe something happened.'"

Every religion has a "truth" to teach, he says, but the Christian message is that God raised Jesus Christ from the dead."
"
Andy Stanley: Jesus Christ Upheld His Promise to Build His Church - The Christian Post

Timeline------>"That the World May Know | Temple Events" Temple Events

So you do agree that the good news that saved us today, has a different content than the gospel of the kingdom for Israel correct?

The gospel of the kingdom does not need one to know about Jesus death burial and resurrection. You agree with that right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you be willing to quote from acts 2 and 3 instead to tell me what peter actually preached to Israel, as I did, to establish your point?

Ignoring Hebrews chapter 8 will not make it go away.

Heb 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
Heb 8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH— (Quoted directly from Jeremiah 31:31-34)
Heb 8:9 NOT ACCORDING TO THE COVENANT THAT I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS IN THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT; BECAUSE THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT, AND I DISREGARDED THEM, SAYS THE LORD.
Heb 8:10 FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS IN THEIR MIND AND WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
Heb 8:11 NONE OF THEM SHALL TEACH HIS NEIGHBOR, AND NONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM TO THE GREATEST OF THEM.
Heb 8:12 FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
Heb 8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Or chapter 10...

Heb 10:16 "THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR HEARTS, AND IN THEIR MINDS I WILL WRITE THEM,"
Heb 10:17 then He adds, "THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE." (Quoted directly from Jeremiah 31:31-34.)
Heb 10:18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

Or chapter 12... Notice the word "church" in verse 23.

Heb 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ignoring Hebrews chapter 8 will not make it go away.

Heb 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
Heb 8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH— (Quoted directly from Jeremiah 31:31-34)
Heb 8:9 NOT ACCORDING TO THE COVENANT THAT I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS IN THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT; BECAUSE THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT, AND I DISREGARDED THEM, SAYS THE LORD.
Heb 8:10 FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS IN THEIR MIND AND WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
Heb 8:11 NONE OF THEM SHALL TEACH HIS NEIGHBOR, AND NONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM TO THE GREATEST OF THEM.
Heb 8:12 FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
Heb 8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Or chapter 10...

Heb 10:16 "THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR HEARTS, AND IN THEIR MINDS I WILL WRITE THEM,"
Heb 10:17 then He adds, "THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE." (Quoted directly from Jeremiah 31:31-34.)
Heb 10:18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

Or chapter 12... Notice the word "church" in verse 23.

Heb 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

alright then if you need to anticipate revelation in order to make your point about what Peter was preaching in early acts , so be it

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
alright then if you need to anticipate revelation in order to make your point about what Peter was preaching in early acts , so be it

Look at how Peter addressed the crowd on the Day of Pentecost, and then look at the New Covenant scriptures below.

Act 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Jer_31:31 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Mat_26:28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar_14:24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—

Heb_8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Heb_12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look at how Peter addressed the crowd on the Day of Pentecost, and then look at the New Covenant scriptures below.

Act 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Jer_31:31 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Mat_26:28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar_14:24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—

Heb_8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Heb_12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

You are saying that what peter preached in acts 2 is only to Israel.

I totally agree with you.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are saying that what peter preached in acts 2 is only to Israel.

I totally agree with you.

Acts 2 kills the "Gentile Church" claim often used by Dispensationalists to create their Two Peoples of God doctrine.

Paul kills your two Gospels claim below.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Paul also kill the claim that the Gentiles being grafted into the people of God was not foreseen in the Old Testament, in the passage below.

Paul says Hosea saw it.

Rom 9:24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
Rom 9:25 As He says also in Hosea: "I WILL CALL THEM MY PEOPLE, WHO WERE NOT MY PEOPLE, AND HER BELOVED, WHO WAS NOT BELOVED."
Rom 9:26 "AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS IN THE PLACE WHERE IT WAS SAID TO THEM, 'YOU ARE NOT MY PEOPLE,' THERE THEY SHALL BE CALLED SONS OF THE LIVING GOD."
Rom 9:27 Isaiah also cries out concerning Israel: "THOUGH THE NUMBER OF THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL BE AS THE SAND OF THE SEA, THE REMNANT WILL BE SAVED.

Your biggest problem is the fact you must ignore the fulfillment of the New Covenant found in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and Hebrews 12:18-24.
It appears that Stam left you unprepared to deal with the New Covenant.

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 12:22-24, modern Dispensational Theology falls apart, and the pretrib removal of the Church falls with it.

The New Covenant: Bob George

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0