Indiana
✟19,896.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Country, any place where I can go off into the wilderness is cool with me, there is nothing so amazing as being so completely alone while being not so completely alone.

That's pretty much how I am too.

I grew up in the country, woods and fields all around and not really any neighbors. My house was set back in 12 acres of woods, we had paths we made going to the back. As a kid, and even now when I go visit, I loved to walk or take our four wheeler back into the middle of the field and just sit. When I was home recently I went out at night, shut off all the lights to the garage and outside and just laid on the picnic table and looked up at the stars.
Right now since I'm in school I live in the city, it's not a big city but it's definitely bigger than what I really like. I can't stand all the noise, traffic, lack of scenery (all the cookie cutter houses are starting to get to me) and the fact that I can't see any stars or anything like that drives me crazy. I really looking forward to graduating so I can move back into the country somewhere. I just love all the things you can do out there and not really have to worry about anyone else and the scenery.

Upvote 0

LOVEthroughINTELLECT

The courage to be human
Jul 30, 2005
✟25,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
From [post=24002392]this post[/post] on May 12, 2006:

"What a beautiful evening

A glowing, full moon. A gentle breeze. Cool, like autumn. A few gray clouds, but they are overshadowed by a big black dome that contrasts perfectly with the glowing white moon. Hmm...not really any stars in sight; the moon stands out that much more.

Peaceful. Serene.

The streets are so quiet. Only five hours ago those streets and the businesses that line them were full of activity, I am sure. And only seven hours from now they will again be like hyper toddlers running around the nursery, I am sure. But right now they are peaceful like a sleeping infant. Some people like the non-stop activity of a big city. Other people like the non-stop calm of the rural landscape. In a medium-size city, I have the best of both worlds.

What a joy to be able under this beautiful night sky leave work alone, drive alone and with the streets mostly to myself, and come home to an apartment with no occupants other than me. Peaceful. Serene."

Upvote 0

Stratiotes

May 16, 2006
Arkansas
✟16,037.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I live in and prefer the country. Yeah... I drive 40 minutes to work and an hour to school, but after doing it so long, I actually rather like it. Its time when I can think and enjoy the scenery. Of course the gas prices suck, though. Nothing like sitting on the back porch watching the sunset and deer walking across the fields.

I do live about 5 minutes from a small town though, so even though it seems I'm in the middle of nowhere, 5 minutes of driving gets me to some fast food or wal mart. Who needs anything else? lol

Even though I'd prefer to live in the country, I do like hanging out in the city on occasion, walking the streets and hanging out with people instead of animals for a change.

Upvote 0
S

simpletrust

I prefer older residential neighborhoods near the inner city. You wouldn't call them suburbs now, but 50 years ago they were.

Why? I like centrally located areas where intellect and culture interact. (If that makes any sense. At least it sounds cool.)

That's my type as well. And I love older houses/appartments so much more than new houses which are very often ugly and tacky.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cslrwilliams

Jul 5, 2007
Au Sable Forks, NY
✟8,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would love to live in the country---but close to civilization & stores & things to do. I want to be near mountains & nature--so I can do my long quiet walks--but I want to be reasonably close to stores & civilization & things to do.

Upvote 0

shamrockmoon

May 28, 2007
Virginia
Visit site
✟7,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am a country girl, born & raised. I live about 70-80 miles from any town or city that most people would consider civilization. I have worked in some of these cities...but it too crowded...I can't breathe. I like my wide open spaces. Do I get bored?...sure thats what the internet is for.

Upvote 0

radhead

Contributor
Feb 20, 2006
✟63,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This thread made me start thinking of the Charlie Brown and Peanuts cartoons. I always wondered where those kids lived. It looked almost rural, but it was definitely neighborhoods. Was it some kind of suburb on the edge of a smallish town or what?

Reactions: alfrodull
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

alfrodull

Senior Veteran
Jul 13, 2007
✟11,571.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
This thread made me start thinking of the Charlie Brown and Peanuts cartoons. I always wondered where those kids lived. It looked almost rural, but it was definitely neighborhoods. Was it some kind of suburb on the edge of a smallish town or what?

I always assumed it was a small town (as in, too small to have "suburbs"), except for the fact that there were fences. Although I guess some yards might have had farmland adjacent to them, or something.

Upvote 0

Shad6374

Aug 18, 2007
Georgia
✟7,727.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am a country boy in heart and soul and when i say country I mean middle of nowhere country. When I was little we had 1 church in our community so you were a methodist or nothing. lol j/k

We had 2 little country stores if that's what you want to call them and a post office that was smaller than most houses. But while we gave up the convienance of living close to a big town we were also able to do things that we couldn't do in bigger towns like play in the street or sleep with all the windows open and doors unlocked.

If I ever hit the big jackpot I will be retired to some remote part of Montana or somewhere like that. lol

Upvote 0