Could I have possibly seen the AntiChrist or Satan?

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So about 6 years ago after my vision with Christ I had a dream. I saw what I believe to be Satan disguised as Jesus or the Anti Christ. It was about a week after I gave myself to Christ and had my vision. Basically it was a dream where "Jesus" told me that I didn't have to read the Bible because it wasn't the word of God. He said I needed to go out and get laid (I was a 28 year old virgin at the time) and he basically tried to tempt me in multiple ways. It wasn't like Jesus's character at all.

The Jesus that I saw in this dream was not glorified and he looked almost exactly like how pictures and church paintings say Jesus looks like. Could the fake Jesus that I saw be the upcoming anti Christ or Satan disguised as Jesus or was it just a dream? It seems highly odd that after I have an encounter with Jesus though that I have another dream in which a fake Jesus tried to tempt me. It just doesn't make any sense. It had to have been Satan or the Anti Christ.

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It had to have been Satan or the Anti Christ.

It seems like you have made your decision on what happened, why ask for opinions that might differ?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It wasn't like Jesus's character at all.
So, this is a basic of how we know Jesus from who and what is not Jesus. We know how Jesus is, and so we just do not accept what is not like Him.

What you saw could have been a representation, not really of either one.

It might have been an imitation of how Jesus is not, at all. But you could be swayed to think it counterfeited Christ, when it wasn't even a counterfeit. It likely was not even close, I would say, compared to how Jesus is, now.

Where we can see Jesus or Satan, now, is in how our character is, and what we experience in emotions, thinking, feelings, how we react, what we are committed to doing.

Right in ourselves, now, we are experiencing one or the other, more or less intensely.

"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:31-32)

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So about 6 years ago after my vision with Christ I had a dream. I saw what I believe to be Satan disguised as Jesus or the Anti Christ. It was about a week after I gave myself to Christ and had my vision. Basically it was a dream where "Jesus" told me that I didn't have to read the Bible because it wasn't the word of God. He said I needed to go out and get laid (I was a 28 year old virgin at the time) and he basically tried to tempt me in multiple ways. It wasn't like Jesus's character at all.

The Jesus that I saw in this dream was not glorified and he looked almost exactly like how pictures and church paintings say Jesus looks like. Could the fake Jesus that I saw be the upcoming anti Christ or Satan disguised as Jesus or was it just a dream? It seems highly odd that after I have an encounter with Jesus though that I have another dream in which a fake Jesus tried to tempt me. It just doesn't make any sense. It had to have been Satan or the Anti Christ.

If you don't mind my thoughts - and this is all they are is thoughts from my own mind.

Maybe God is trying to correct your thinking by allowing you to see that there are things that look righteous but really aren't and you should be careful, both of that deception and also to make sure you are guarding yourself against temptation, and what areas your most vulnerable where concerns temptation.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,489.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

When I read this, this verse popped into my thoughts.
Revelation 13:11
[ The Beast out of the Earth ] Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon.

Now you know why our Father tells us to not make graven images. They can deceive convincingly.

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In any case it was a deceiving spirit, since that is it's purpose there is no "take away" to be gleaned from the construction, as any "take away" could itself be a deceit. Even the idea that this is the adversary could serve to puff you up. Take nothing from it other than caution over the deceiving power of the enemy.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I saw an image in a dream recently, in the past year, a scene played right in front of me of what I now know to be the spirit of Baal and hell. And I think this is what we see in our dreams and dreams more like visions. It's not that you saw Satan in a false Christ face to face, it's not that I saw Baal face to face, nor that he spoke to me, it's that these images or scenes if you will are displayed and played out to us. The question is why ? These things can precede tests and trials, they can be placed there as confirmation of a trial ending, or can be a fore runner to coming events. Time will reveal why you had that dream . But it was most likely just that, a dream or vision in a dream, not that you literally met Satan or even a demon...

• Informative
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's not that you saw Satan in a false Christ face to face, it's not that I saw Baal face to face, nor that he spoke to me, it's that these images or scenes if you will are displayed and played out to us. The question is why ?

Because you had been thinking of such topics during your waking hours. It happens to me also and I am almost always able to trace my thoughts or doings back to where the inspiration came from.

• Agree
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Because you had been thinking of such topics during your waking hours. It happens to me also and I am almost always able to trace my thoughts or doings back to where the inspiration came from.
Often so, I agree, can't deny it even.. However in this case of Baal I had to go searching for what I had seen. I did not know Satan to have taken on this form before the dream. Though I certainly had undergone a trial. After this dream the trial ended. The icon if you will or the figure common to Baal is like a bull with horns, this is what faced me in the dream.
I believe the reason why in looking to spiritual meaning is that we are seeing this spirit and that of Jezebel loose in our land right now. 70,000,000 abortions and people celebrating the right to do so is about as far as we need to look. But there are way more ties than that to those spirits. Baal was/is a God of child sacrifice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So, this is a basic of how we know Jesus from who and what is not Jesus. We know how Jesus is, and so we just do not accept what is not like Him.

What you saw could have been a representation, not really of either one.

It might have been an imitation of how Jesus is not, at all. But you could be swayed to think it counterfeited Christ, when it wasn't even a counterfeit. It likely was not even close, I would say, compared to how Jesus is, now.

Where we can see Jesus or Satan, now, is in how our character is, and what we experience in emotions, thinking, feelings, how we react, what we are committed to doing.

Right in ourselves, now, we are experiencing one or the other, more or less intensely.

"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:31-32)

I mean thinking about the dream now the Jesus that I saw just didn't fit the description of Jesus. I mean, Jesus is glorified now. Plus I highly doubt that Jesus would be tempting me as isn't it only Satan or someone who is working with Satan tempt people? If it really was Jesus he would have told me to read the Bible and stay close to God and his word not try to drive me away from it.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It seems like you have made your decision on what happened, why ask for opinions that might differ?

Because I'm curious about what other peoples interpretations are. I mean it could have been just an everyday dream but it just seemed so real. As if I was visited by the devil or someone along those lines to "test my faith" which ones id hate to admit really weak at the time. Idk it could have been a dream.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Maybe it was Prelest.
https://orthodoxwiki.org/Prelest

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
isn't it only Satan or someone who is working with Satan tempt people?
God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone." (in James 1:13)

it just seemed so real. As if I was visited by the devil
There is "the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience" (in Ephesians 2:2)

This spirit of evil and selfishness is real. And ones being worked by Satan's lusts and uncaring anger and unforgiveness are having a real experience of how this spirit is and can work and degrade them emotionally and in other ways.

And yes there are real evil beings who can somehow relate with us.

But in God's love we can have His own almighty immunity so Satanic beings can not get the better of us. This includes how God's love "casts out fear" >

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18)

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,450.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because I'm curious about what other peoples interpretations are. I mean it could have been just an everyday dream but it just seemed so real. As if I was visited by the devil or someone along those lines to "test my faith" which ones id hate to admit really weak at the time. Idk it could have been a dream.

Looks like it's just a dream. At least you can tell that it's not reality.

Dreaming dreams doesn't seem to work this way. Sometimes dreams are to edify the interpreter, such as in Joseph's cases.

If not then, there is some kind of pre-dream behavior going on. Typically it's that you have a question to be answered. And the dream which answers your question is usually made up of two parts, one inside your dream with the other in reality. They are in a form matching or confirming each other. The answer may not be obvious right away, so you may ask for the interpretation of the dream part. You can thus link up the reality part once a correct interpretation is available. The correct answer usually comes fast by an interpreter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sea5763

May 9, 2018
California
✟59,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
My guess is it could have been some kind of evil spirit trying to tempt and confuse you.

At a weak point in my life I had been praying for God to talk to me in my dreams, again. I had had one dream/sleep paralysis where I really believe God spoke to me. But aside from that I’ve maybe had others but none so direct and vivid and long and biblical.

I think at that point I was just looking for some purpose in life cuz I very badly just wanted to kill myself. I had a couple of dreams that I thought maybe God was reminding me of biblical passages in my sleep.

But around that time I then had a dream about trying to fight satan and losing horribly. I never saw it just darkness and knowing it was there and a toothy grin as I fell off some ledge and woke up. Then the next night I had another dream tempting me to kill myself. Then the next night it tried to tempt me to be a goldigger. Then the next night to be promiscuous. Then after that it went away.

I was sad that instead of God talking to me I was just being told to go self destructive and sin instead. I don’t really know why that happened.

Upvote 0