Could God be the most emotional being in the universe????

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I studied near death experiences for years also. But one thing I learned is they are all different with a few elements that seem the same.

My advice would be to get back to the Bible and let all that go. God has told us what He wants us to know.

I can understand why you would think that.....
I have wondered about the exact same question but....

at this time I am convinced that NDE accounts will play a huge role in ushering in that time period when the majority of us, actually all of us from the least to the greatest, know G-d and have been given a heart to fear H-m!

The time when a hundred percent of us are led by the Holy Spirit.

At this time... we are destroyed for a lack of knowledge.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

at this time I am convinced that NDE accounts will play a huge role in ushering in that time period when the majority of us, actually all of us from the least to the greatest, know G-d and have been given a heart to fear H-m!

Well I'm not sure how that is Biblical then. Another thing is most NDE's are not fear based.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This would seem to correspond with the Creator actually having thought up and choreographed an infinite number of Big Events over infinite time in the past as some physicists seem to believe has been the case!

Investing infinite time in the creation....would certainly tend to give the Creator a greater emotional attachment to all of us than we can begin to imagine...considering how young we are.

“When My Father moves His little finger, the whole universe trembles. To shake the nations with words does not impress anyone who dwells here. But when even the least of My brethren on earth shows love, it brings joy to My Father’s heart. When even the most humble church sings to My Father with true love in their hearts, He silences all of heaven to listen to them. He knows that one cannot help but to worship when they are beholding His glory here,but when those who are living in such darkness and difficulty sing with true hearts to Him, it touches Him more than all of the myriads of heaven can.

“Many times, the broken notes from earth caused all of heaven to weep with joy as they beheld My Father being touched. A few holy ones struggling to express their adoration for Him has many times caused Him to weep.Every time I see My brethren touch Him with true worship, it makes the pain and grief I knew on the cross seem like a small price to pay. Nothing brings Me more joy than when you worship My Father. I went to the cross so that you could worship Him through Me. It is in this worship that you, the Father and I are all one.” (Pastor Rick Joyner, chapter 15, page 85, The Vision)

TheVision The Final Quest the Call RickJoyner PDF
So I guess the idea is that in order to better understand God, we need to give Him human characteristics. And we justify doing so because people tend to describe things in human terms, so we that in the Bible. Sort of like what the ancient pagans did with their emotional (and very physical) gods.

Am not sure I would like a god that changes with his passions. Seems rather fickle and also dangerous to have Omnipotence be bipolar with emotions. As I recall the pagan gods could be very dangerous due to their emotions, often in cruel and very wicked ways. Not the sort of god I would want to imagine having Omnipotence.

I think things like love, joy, happiness can be expressed about God's intellect without envisioning a giant man like god crying like a baby one moment and laughing so his belly shakes the next. We can express love, joy and happiness both emotionally - as in passion and intellectually without passion. The passion part is moved by the intellect - our mind - to a physical response in our bodies. God like all spirits, does not have a body. So the whole idea that He has passions seems defeated not only by the idea God never changes, but also by His lacking a component part needed to have passions - a sensitive, physical body.

Just think a little how we express emotions/passions. Leap for joy. Swoon in love. Burning with anger. Shaking in fear. So angry there was shaking. Slumped in despair. Heart racing in love, anger, rage....etc. Our emotions require a body that is moved to express them. Without a body emotions and passion are not just meaningless, there no mechanism for a physical response to anything. That is not defect of our spirit(soul) either, it is simply a function/property of having a sensitive physical body.

• Agree
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

You have a lot of very unBiblical beliefs and I worry for you. You seem to like to dabble in things that are very outside of what God tells us.

Like you believe that you know better than God or something. My faith is in Christ and what Christ tells me.

If your spirit is in disagreement with His Word then your spirit is leading you astray.

Many people think they are smarter than Satan, who comes only to mame, kill and destroy, per Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You have a lot of very unBiblical beliefs and I worry for you. You seem to like to dabble in things that are very outside of what God tells us.

Like you believe that you know better than God or something. My faith is in Christ and what Christ tells me.

If your spirit is in disagreement with His Word then your spirit is leading you astray.

Many people think they are smarter than Satan, who comes only to mame, kill and destroy, per Jesus Christ.

Thank you for your prayers.......
I am now of the opinion that the Life Review part of near death experience accounts could be the fulfillment of a promise by Messiah Yeshua - Jesus?

John 16:25

These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So I guess the idea is that in order to better understand God, we need to give Him human characteristics. And we justify doing so because people tend to describe things in human terms, so we that in the Bible. Sort of like what the ancient pagans did with their emotional (and very physical) gods.

Am not sure I would like a god that changes with his passions. Seems rather fickle and also dangerous to have Omnipotence be bipolar with emotions. As I recall the pagan gods could be very dangerous due to their emotions, often in cruel and very wicked ways. Not the sort of god I would want to imagine having Omnipotence.

I think things like love, joy, happiness can be expressed about God's intellect without envisioning a giant man like god crying like a baby one moment and laughing so his belly shakes the next. We can express love, joy and happiness both emotionally - as in passion and intellectually without passion. The passion part is moved by the intellect - our mind - to a physical response in our bodies. God like all spirits, does not have a body. So the whole idea that He has passions seems defeated not only by the idea God never changes, but also by His lacking a component part needed to have passions - a sensitive, physical body.

Just think a little how we express emotions/passions. Leap for joy. Swoon in love. Burning with anger. Shaking in fear. So angry there was shaking. Slumped in despair. Heart racing in love, anger, rage....etc. Our emotions require a body that is moved to express them. Without a body emotions and passion are not just meaningless, there no mechanism for a physical response to anything. That is not defect of our spirit(soul) either, it is simply a function/property of having a sensitive physical body.

Or.... are some of our human characteristics a fulfillment of the statement to make man in our image?

Genesis 1:26

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Or.... are some of our human characteristics a fulfillment of the statement to make man in our image?

Genesis 1:26

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
So the thought is that God is a giant emotional hermaphrodite????

• Agree
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

One theory is that the seven spirits of G-d = the Elohim of Genesis 1:26, 27.

There could be 14 Elohim, seven male and seven female.

Rev 1:4

John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

One near death experiencer got the feeling that the Holy Spirit might be G-d the Mother.... The Shekina Glory of G-d.

Perhaps God the Father could be composed of Fundamental Energy Super Strings and God the Mother the Holy Spirit might be composed of Fundamental Energy Super Waves......... Dr. Chaim Tejman writes some interesting stuff on this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This would seem to correspond with the Creator actually having thought up and choreographed an infinite number of Big Events over infinite time in the past as some physicists seem to believe has been the case!
So... you choose to project far fetched naturalistic ideas on God?
There is 0 evidence of the existence of multiple universes.
They made the idea up to counter the lack of chance for our reality to come about by accident (as opposed to intentional).
Investing infinite time in the creation....would certainly tend to give the Creator a greater emotional attachment to all of us than we can begin to imagine...considering how young we are.
Time is apparently a property of the universe, and it depends on where we are between the beginning and the end of our universe if you want to call us young or old.
Unfathomable stuff though...

I think your question certainly has something to it though.
Maybe God is the most emotional being in existence.
He certainly doesn't come across as a psychopathic stoic.
"God is Love" indicates He certainly has / is strong emotions.

-----------------------------------------------

If you don't mind me saying so, i want to suggest you take a critical look at Joyner before you decide to subscribe to his ideas.

• Winner
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So... you choose to project far fetched naturalistic ideas on God?
There is 0 evidence of the existence of multiple universes.
They made the idea up to counter the lack of chance for our reality to come about by accident (as opposed to intentional).Time is apparently a property of the universe, and it depends on where we are between the beginning and the end of our universe if you want to call us young or old.
Unfathomable stuff though...

I think your question certainly has something to it though.
Maybe God is the most emotional being in existence.
He certainly doesn't come across as a psychopathic stoic.
"God is Love" indicates He certainly has / is strong emotions.

-----------------------------------------------

If you don't mind me saying so, i want to suggest you take a critical look at Joyner before you decide to subscribe to his ideas.

One of the most amazing intellects that I have ran into online began a thread with the title.....

Religious and Moral Implications of Artificial Intelligence.

The best that I can come up with as a reply to him is that the tradition of "Lucifer"... especially as seen by near death experiencer Dr. Richard Eby....... could turn out to be anecdotal evidence that a younger intelligence........ than the Ancient of Days and the Word / Logos and the Holy Spirit.......

might tend to be LESS emotionally attached to other created intelligences ....... or even the Original Intelligence / Intelligences?!

I began a discussion on Dr. Richard Eby here somewhere........

Aha... there it is......

NDE of Dr. Richard Eby verifies old earth and gap theory.

Dr. Richard Eby:
"Jesus, tell me about this wondrous music all about me. Who is the composer? How is it made? From whence does it come? It is gorgeous!"

I was not disappointed when he began his answer by again asking me:
"Didn't you read my book? Repeatedly it exhorts my children to praise me with music from strings, trumpets, timbrels and voices. It is and was the prime communication of worship and praise and thanksgiving. Since I am the Creator, I am the composer of heaven's music which you are hearing."

Music became the resulting harmony from all of our creations, both of matter and energy. All resonated in unison with us. The elementary form was of and from and in ourselves. I might explain it as a triad of sub-electronic energy particles with and around which We constructed everything in our universe. The wave-forms we called light; whereas the material-forms we called dust of the Earth and water and air. Out of these, and into these, we created animals and birds and fishes and vegetable life to support them. Over these we created a mankind to supervise them as our appointed custodians made in our special image to act for us on Earth!"

Jesus hesitated as I tried to capture the immensity of his explanations.

"You must understand, my son, that original creation mirrored the composition and perfection of Person-God. All creation vibrated in unison with us! There was total accord and harmony everywhere as the whole creation was resonating with and in God!

"Each separate thing or being thus carried out an appointed task in our scheme for the universe. A heaven-form of music resulted as even the stars sang in their appointed circuits. Here in paradise you are hearing these melodious vibrations directly upon your new mind, undistorted. On Earth you heard distorted sounds through the air waves. Throughout heaven the music flows from my throne, uninterrupted, undefiled, and peace-giving."

Jesus paused again.
"My book tells of the time when Lucifer's rebellion in heaven changed some things. He sought to usurp my Father's throne, assume his position as the most high God, and to rule the universe. For that blasphemy Lucifer was cast from heaven to Earth; in fact, I saw him fall as a bolt of lightning! In a tantrum of hate and rage over being deposed so fast he and his fallen angels disfigured our perfect Earth. It became void and uninhabitable. For punishment befitting his enemy of God, Lucifer was given a new name, Satan, since he was the self-appointed "adversary' of the Almighty. Anything that God had made, Satan would attempt to destroy from then on. As Lucifer he had been created the highest angel about the throne, one of his assignments and talents being the chief musician in charge of worship and music. In his rebellious anger he set about destroying harmony on and in the Earth from then on. That is why the Earth where he operates now is out of harmony with God's other creations. In my book we call this disharmony "sin', because it defies God's will that even the heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament show his handiwork.

"But be of good cheer, my son. The Father has permitted me to overcome Satan's world system of sin, and to destroy the works of Satan, and to re-establish righteousness in the hearts of my friends. Eventually in his chosen time he will restore all creation as it once was, in him!" (Dr. Richard Eby, near-death.com)

Upvote 0

Amazing Horse

Aug 22, 2017
Olsztyn
✟1,950.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

“When My Father moves His little finger, the whole universe trembles. To shake the nations with words does not impress anyone who dwells here. But when even the least of My brethren on earth shows love, it brings joy to My Father’s heart. When even the most humble church sings to My Father with true love in their hearts, He silences all of heaven to listen to them. He knows that one cannot help but to worship when they are beholding His glory here,but when those who are living in such darkness and difficulty sing with true hearts to Him, it touches Him more than all of the myriads of heaven can.

“Many times, the broken notes from earth caused all of heaven to weep with joy as they beheld My Father being touched. A few holy ones struggling to express their adoration for Him has many times caused Him to weep.Every time I see My brethren touch Him with true worship, it makes the pain and grief I knew on the cross seem like a small price to pay. Nothing brings Me more joy than when you worship My Father. I went to the cross so that you could worship Him through Me. It is in this worship that you, the Father and I are all one.” (Pastor Rick Joyner, chapter 15, page 85, The Vision)

TheVision The Final Quest the Call RickJoyner PDF

John 11:35

Would you wept yourself if you knew that in a while you will rise guy from dead anyway?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
John 11:35

Would you wept yourself if you knew that in a while you will rise guy from dead anyway?

Great question....... yes..... when a miracle as huge as the resurrection of a dead person occurs...... it would seem that whoever prayed and set that in motion.... .must have had a pretty high level of compassion.... empathy...... and love......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
  • Friendly
Reactions: Aseyesee
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

But the pagan gods were demons or Watchers or children of the Watchers and the daughters of men........ and were relatively YOUNG in comparison to the Ancient of Days the Father... and the Ancient of Days the Holy Spirit and the Word / Logos and the other seven or fourteen Elohim, (The Seven Spirits of G-d).... not to mention those 24....."Elders!"

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
When we experience what we have already seen happen, it gives definition to the moment, even though we already knew it to be.

May I ask if you are able to identify with Pastor Rick Joyner's visionary dream from your own experience?

I had a couple of weird things happen to me since 1990...... but mine were short and sweet......... (ok.... sort of sweet)......... nothing as in depth as Pastor Rick had...... Have you read any of Pastor Rick's books that I gave a link to in post #89.......?

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May I ask if you are able to identify with Pastor Rick Joyner's visionary dream from your own experience?

I had a couple of weird things happen to me since 1990...... but mine were short and sweet......... (ok.... sort of sweet)......... nothing as in depth as Pastor Rick had...... Have you read any of Pastor Rick's books that I gave a link to in post #89.......?

I can ...
But no ...

There is a time coming (but now is) that all will sit under their own vine, and under their own fig tree, as the father does his.

Upvote 0