Could dinosaurs have been purposely excluded from the Ark for some reason?

Bill Fishlore

Nov 3, 2021
New Hampshire
✟17,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This kind of question, assuming a comparable scientific validity in the Old and New Testaments with contemporary science is a dangerous approach to biblical faith. The Bible has no scientific validity. Interpreting biblical content as valid archeology, astrology, biology etc. will abolish Abrahamic religions before the end of this century.
I believe that God exists and that the Bible is "true;" however I do not view the Bible as a scientific document or the existence of God as something that can be verified by human experimentation at this time. The truth of God's existence is real but at a cognitive level beyond that of human beings,
I would expect that eventually science will discover God in its own terms. I think of the many things unknown or misunderstood by our science centuries ago, Today's Big Bang theory is almost as mysterious as Genesis, and so is our understanding of what lies beyond the range of our new, powerful radio-telescopes.The human mind is capable of discovering God, we just don't have the technology yet. Meantime, the myths of the Bible offer us a glimpse into reality otherwise beyond our cognition.

Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Bill Fishlore

Nov 3, 2021
New Hampshire
✟17,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Irish folk composer turns Noah and the unicorn into a profound bit of preaching about human responsibility:
A long time ago, when the earth was still green
And there were more kinds of animals than you've ever seen
They'd run around free while the earth was being born
But the loveliest of all was the unicorn
There was green alligators and long-necked geese
Some humpty-backed camels and some chimpanzees
Some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born
The loveliest of all was the unicorn
Now god seen some sinnin' and it gave him pain
And he says, "stand back, I'm going to make it rain"
He says, "hey, brother Noah, I'll tell you what to do
Build me a floating zoo"
And take some of them green alligators and long-necked geese
Don't you forget my unicorn"
Old Noah was there to answer the call
He finished up making the ark just as the rain started fallin'
He marched in the animals two by two
And he called out as they went through
"Hey, Lord"
I've got your green alligators and long-necked geese
Some cats and rats and elephants, but Lord, I'm so forlorn
I just can't see no unicorn"
Then Noah looked out through the driving rain
Them unicorns was hiding, playing silly games
Kicking and splashing while the rain was pouring
Oh, them silly unicorns
There was green alligators and long-necked geese
Noah cried, "close the doors 'cause the rain is pourin'
And we just can't wait for no unicorns"
The ark started movin', it drifted with the tide
Them unicorns looked up from the rock and they cried
And the waters came down and sort of floated them away
And that's why you'll never see a unicorn, to this very day
You'll see green alligators and long-necked geese
You're never gonna see no unicorn

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,317.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't see any evidence of this in the Bible as all animals seemed to be brought on board but maybe I'm missing something. What do you think? Of course eggs could have been brought on board so the size of them isn't so much a consideration. They may have taken long periods of time to grow as well. Man lived over 900 years back then so maybe animals lived much longer too. It does follow after all though no one seems to talk about this. First born children often appeared much farther along in their lives than today so maybe everyone grew much slower. Can you imagine how much wiser you'd be if it took 9x longer to grow up??? 9x the life experience? Maybe this explains why the people around the tower of Babel area were so advanced. They did seem to do remarkable things with no history or past experience to draw from. Only a long lifespan would give them huge advantages over us today.

The story of Nimrod the Hunter, after the flood, may be a reason, Maybe he hunted the last of them to extinction.

Upvote 0

Ray Glenn

Jun 10, 2021
Birmingham
✟31,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This kind of question, assuming a comparable scientific validity in the Old and New Testaments with contemporary science is a dangerous approach to biblical faith. The Bible has no scientific validity. Interpreting biblical content as valid archeology, astrology, biology etc. will abolish Abrahamic religions before the end of this century.
I believe that God exists and that the Bible is "true;" however I do not view the Bible as a scientific document or the existence of God as something that can be verified by human experimentation at this time. The truth of God's existence is real but at a cognitive level beyond that of human beings,
I would expect that eventually science will discover God in its own terms. I think of the many things unknown or misunderstood by our science centuries ago, Today's Big Bang theory is almost as mysterious as Genesis, and so is our understanding of what lies beyond the range of our new, powerful radio-telescopes.The human mind is capable of discovering God, we just don't have the technology yet. Meantime, the myths of the Bible offer us a glimpse into reality otherwise beyond our cognition.

General science will never accept the fact that they themselves are not gods. Because they can't be gods, how can one expect them to accept God?

• Haha
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0