MusicGirl91

May 10, 2015
✟7,614.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hello all,

I am a 23-year-old woman, raised Baptist, and working on growing closer to God. In the past year I hit my emotional rock-bottom and found that God was the only One I could rely on to lead me out. Since then I have begun daily Bible study, prayer, and meditation. I am trying to submit my life to God's will. He has called me to begin a music ministry with my cousin, and this summer we will begin traveling to different churches singing Southern gospel, praising God and hopefully leading others to Christ.

In my prayers and meditation I often find myself asking what God's purpose for me is, what he wants me to do with my life. I often think of a future spouse and children. I did pursue higher education to become a music teacher, which I believe God led me to in order to prepare me for a music ministry and also to work with children. I have taught in public schools for 2 years now, which is the experience that brought me to my breaking point to seek God. Through these experiences He has convicted me that if I do have children, I should educate them myself, keeping them safe and raising them to serve the Lord. I also feel that God has convicted me to let Him determine the size of my future family, and not use contraception, that any children He gives me will be a blessing and He will take care of their needs.

I feel these things so strongly, I feel that they are God speaking to me, but sometimes I wonder if that is right. I believe the husband should be the head of the family and that these are decisions to be made together, but I feel them before I have even met my future spouse (as far as I know). Is that okay? Do you think God would truly have me feel this way before I am even married?

If these really are convictions from the Lord, how do I find someone who has these same feelings? When I spoke to my own family about it, my mother even thought it was crazy. I am an only child of an only child (because of medical problems, my mother and grandmother almost died in childbirth and had to have hysterectomies) so they think it's crazy to have a bunch of kids (I'm not sure where exactly they would draw the line of too many). So I am trying to connect with others who might give me guidance without judgement.

Thanks

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your conviction is the common denominator of this forum. As to finding a compatible husband, it* could be one of your short-list requirements. Women aren't the only ones so convicted. Remember: Quiverfull doesn't guarantee a large family. It just seeks out a complete family.

There are two main types of Quiverfull convictions (that I have seen):
  • The most common is the laissez-faire approach, embracing whoever is conceived from a casual (married) sex life,
  • The less common is the driven approach. These couples seek to make sure that every opportunity to conceive is maximized. (You can't have more children than God has ordained, but it's possible for the first group to miss some due to marginal health issues [that they didn't know they had].)
  • A third approach is to seek out medical help if they are having trouble conceiving. (Medicine doesn't create babies, but it can help our bodies work better, if that's where the problem lies.)
*What you really should be watching for is a complete yieldedness before God. Quiverfull is just one facet of that.

• Informative
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0