• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. I just wanted to share something my fiance' came up with. She is a jewelry designer and has a shop with her daughter. They asked if I had an outlet for some of their items and I told them I would share it with everyone here at CF. So I started them an Etsy Shop account to showcase what they have done. And this is the first items! Check it out and let me know what you think!

Thanks so much! - Rex

Click here to see it!

Conversion Stories

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by garydench, Feb 24, 2004.

1. healedinchrist275

healedinchrist275 One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church

I was a Buddhist since young (I'm 22 now). My country is traditionally, a multi-cultural society. With most people adhering to Buddhism and Evangelical Protestantism. I held a very bad impression against the Protestants due to their aggressive preaching. Most could not really answer my questions about the God of Christianity and many other questions related with life. So I decided to look towards the Catholic Church. I was stunned by the Catholic Church's theology and traditions. This happened when I was 14 or so. Fast forward to the year 2015. I was received into RCIA. Baptized on Easter Vigil 2016. I'd been thinking about approaching a Spiritual Director about being a Seminarian and eventually perhaps being ordained in the Priesthood. I'm still discerning now, but I hope you guys can pray for me in my journey in the faith and my discernment. Thanks and God bless.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Prayers Prayers x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  2. Catholic_with_a_mic

Catholic_with_a_mic New Member

I will be prayer if for you. What a wonderful story. God Bless
  3. rturner76

rturner76 Senior Veteran Staff Member Trainee Supporter

United States
    Wow, this is awesome! I believe you have a special calling. Mainly because you only heard God's call through the voice of the Holy Mother Church. Perhaps God has used this Church to call you to teach his people about his Son. I am praying in earnest for your discernment, that it be your heart's contentment and God's will.
  4. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie

United States
    God bless you, friend! Christ bless you!
  5. paul becke

paul becke Regular Member Supporter

Yes, the Catholic church has a large and ever-growing body of codified wisdom, collated over two thousand years - including the Old Testament , more like four thousand. Primarily, as a result of the Lord's incarnation in our partly-material world.

The first period, as a result of the special relationship of the Jewish people with God, by virtue of which they produced by far the oldest written history ; and the second part, as a result of the O.T. teaching, to the effect that God made the world and He made it good and for man's benefit.

That made the difference between the purposeful pursuit of science in Christendom and the fitful, sporadic advances of other peoples every bit as intelligent (worldly-wise), such as China and India.
  6. Wolf_Says

Wolf_Says Well-Known Member

United States
    This really isn't going to be a conversion story, but more so an affirmation story of my wife.

Me and my wife were talking earlier today and somehow the conversation turned into a topic about religion.

Now I was born and raised Catholic, went to an amazing traditional Slovak Catholic Church in my hometown. It has the bells during the consecration, Tabernacle is right behind the alter where it belongs, plenty of hymms and chants in Gregorian latin, and everybody there has a deep respect for the Eucharist and the mass. You would hardly ever see anybody cross the path of the Tabernacle without kneeling completely or at least genuflecting with the Sign of the Cross.

Now my wife was raised non-denominational, and was taught prior to meeting me that Catholics simply were not Christian (shocker....right?). Well, one thing led to another and my wife realized that not only did she agree that Catholics were Christians, but that they held many of the same beliefs that she did. She became confirmed into the faith while we were still dating and we got married in a Catholic Church a few years later.

Now the actual part of the story. My mother-in-law still holds some closet anti-Catholic feelings and beliefs, and although she doesn't share them in front of me, she has often shared them with my wife behind my back. My wife never really felt comfortable telling her that she was a Catholic, because frankly she didn't want the drama and possibility of losing contact with her younger siblings.

Well, we have since moved (yay, military life), and my wife really wanted to try and find a non-Catholic Church that we could attend and still feel at home. So we tried, for months, going from church to church. Every time there was something off, something wrong, that really rubbed my wife the wrong way. Not a single church fit the bill for her, and my wife kept on thinking of her time and feelings at our previous parish.

So we were talking about our future kids today. I had talked to my mom yesterday and she had mentioned how she bragged about me and my wife because, even though we live far away, we still go to Church and are invested into the faith. Her words made my wife think, that she really wants out children to not be swayed by today's crazy and changing world. She began to talk about how so many of these other churches would bend to things like contraception, abortion, marriage or divorce, and there was no structure. I think then a light went off or something, and she mentioned how, she really wants our kids to grow up Catholic, have a firm understanding of their faith and beliefs, and to never compromise those beliefs. She loves how, in Judaism, it's not just a religion, its a lifestyle. In her words, too many times for most Christians, its not a lifestyle, it's just church on sundays. But for Catholics, it is, or should be, a lifestyle, and you are constantly reminded of that at mass. Things like confession, catechism, Eucharistic adoration, stations of the cross, holy days of obligations. Catholicism is a lifestyle, and she loves that, and she loves the structure of the mass.

She continued on with how she really wants our kids, after they are grown and living their lives, to stay firm in their faith. Even if they didn't stay Catholic, she wants them to make sure that they at least go to a church with similar beliefs and is strong in those beliefs.

The other thing that swayed her finally was the music. My wife enjoys listening to Christian music (especially on sunday), but one thing she finds absolutely downright beautiful and practically sacred are the Gregorian Chants. We listened to some on youtube a few days ago and she almost teared up by how she missed them. She says that frankly, it annoys her when she hears a song at mass that she knows from a Christian church. It makes it all feel, less sacred in a way, to her. She wishes more Catholic Churches sang the Gregorian Chants.

All in all, today was a wonderful day in this regard, and I thank God for this.

That is the story. God bless you all.
  7. Galilee63

Galilee63 Newbie

and there are many separated Brethren - separated Catholics of whom need prayers to return to our Lord Jesus Sacred Heart, His Church, and to our Most Holy Mother Mary's Holy Immaculate Heart for conversions thus Salvation.

In our Lord Jesus Holy Divine Mercy Chaplet and Novena of which Jesus God The Most High and Holy Spirit delivered to Holy Saint Faustina, Jesus promises that He hears and answers every one of His Holy Divine Mercy Chaplets and Novenas and indeed our Lord Jesus God our Heavenly Father and Holy Spirit with Most Holy Mother Mary of Whom I include in every one prayed, hears and answers with many other Holy Gifts, Holy Blessings and Holy Graces bestowed upon many people prayed for and my own causes not to mention the release of so many Holy Souls in Purgatory if prayed from our hearts focussing on Jesus and His Bitter Passion, and the Holy Mysteries of our Lord Jesus and Holy Spirit and Holy Mother Mary's Lives and the fulfilling of Gods Holy Word by our Lord Jesus Holy Spirit - God our Heavenly Divine Majesty and Holy Divine Father.

Every Most Holy Rosary has been heard and answered by our Lord Jesus God The Most High Holy Spirit and Most Holy Mother Mary over 7 years with a Holy abundance of Gods Holy Blessings Gifts and Graces with many conversions attached for those prayed for over past years

Glory to God in the Highest and Peace to His people on Earth
    Lord God Heavenly King, O God Almighty Father
    we Love You, we give You great thanks and Glory for eternity. Amen.
  8. Theophilus1128

Theophilus1128 Newbie

Is there anyone on here who listens to Michael Knowles podcast? He is kinda funny, discusses politics from a conservative perspective, but discusses his Catholic faith a great deal as well. This article addresses some points he recently made about why he's Catholic rather than Protestant. I'd love to hear some thoughts on it from a Catholic perspective:

A Response to Michael Knowles
  9. LaudeturIesus

LaudeturIesus New Member

United States
    I was raised as a Pentecostal and my family became non-denominational Evangelicals when I was a pre-teen. I started going to a Catholic high school my freshman year, which introduced me to liturgy and the liturgical churches. I mainly considered being an Episcopalian for a while and then briefly Eastern Orthodoxy, but I researched and read my way into the Catholic Church, and I was received into the Church, confirmed, and received First Holy Communion on April 1, 2017. I'm currently a senior in high school and I've been living as a Catholic ever since.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie

United States
  11. StevenMerten

StevenMerten I Love You, God!

17 Minutes as a Protestant

I was born a cradle Catholic. I went to Mass every Sunday and loved the Church. At age 26 I decided to become a priest. I was heading out to work when I received the letter from the Archdiocese of Milwaukee rejecting me into the seminary. I loved my Kawasaki 650 SR and had always babied it; NOT TODAY! I stomped her down into gear and let the ponies roar! Gravel flew in the driveway. When she hit the pavement the throttle was wide open; four of Japan’s finest carburetors dumping raw gas into the 650cc raging inferno below. I left the throttle wide open as I smashed through the gears, the clutch had to absorb the difference as the rpms soared way into the red zone. Within seconds we were well beyond 100mph.

I was screaming in my helmet. WHAT ON EARTH ARE THEY THINKING! The Church is dying for priests and they reject me, the perfect Catholic! I will just become a Protestant minister, and then I can marry anyway! I was angry! On and on I went with my screams of pain. What usually took 35 minutes to get to work had now only taken about 17 minutes. I screeched to almost a halt and turned off onto the final straightway to work. Within seconds I was back up to 100 mph plus. All of a sudden, for no reason at all, the bike was kicked out from under me. It was a sunny summer day with no water or gravel on the road, just straight smooth blacktop. I had over 100,000 miles of experience on street bikes. As she went down I simply pulled my leg out from under the falling side and sat on the motorcycle as it slid down the road, on its side. Sparks were flying and metal was grinding. Through all of this, I was still screaming in my helmet of the great injustice the Church had inflicted on me and how I was now a Protestant. Suddenly, for no reason at all, the tires caught the pavement and the bike went vertical. You do the physics. 80 mph and you are suddenly pole-vaulted into the air. I was flying through the air like superman.

It still amazes me at just how many prayers of repentance one can say in the seven or eight, or fifteen seconds that you are flying through the air toward your impending death. It seemed like I had prayed a hundred Our Fathers and Hail Mary’s. God and I had a long talk over the beauty of remaining Catholic over leaving for Protestantism, during that seven or eight or fifteen second doomed flight. Turn’s out I was wrong and God was right, Catholicism is where God wants me, and all people, to be. I begged God to catch me on the other end of the tragic situation I was in. Please Heavenly Father, forgive me of my sin. I will serve, You, the Lord my God, with all my heart, with all my mind, with all my strength and with all my soul, with and through, Your Church, the Catholic Church, if you will only spare my life.

When I hit the pavement, my full face helmet transferred the blow to my shoulders rather than neck. I flipped and hit hard on my back. I was wearing my backpack, which in my backpack was my 1970 edition, St. Joseph’s, NAB bible. There I was, sliding down the road, on my back, in the Hand’s of God, praising and thanking God for granting me mercy. In the thirty three years since that time, me and God have never had to have the Protestant vs. Catholic conversation ever again.