Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As a nation we are fraught with seemingly unsolvable problems; crime, the economy, health, race relations, etc. Through the various government agencies tasked with addressing these problems we spend billions each year with little to show for the money or the efforts. It is said that 'insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result'.

So the question is are we insane, or is there a conspiracy at work in this regard?

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As a nation we are fraught with seemingly unsolvable problems; crime, the economy, health, race relations, etc. Through the various government agencies tasked with addressing these problems we spend billions each year with little to show for the money or the efforts. It is said that 'insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result'.

So the question is are we insane, or is there a conspiracy at work in this regard?

Neither. Next...

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You know as well as I do that these things are getting better even though it doesn't seem that way. Crime rates are down, more people have healthcare, there are more women and minorities in leadership positions in both business and government, and racial relations are definitely better.
How many interracial couples/marriages did we see in the 60's compared to now? Both white supremacists and black supremacists don't like it but that's just a fact. They are trying to turn back the progress we have made, shame on them.

So no, we aren't yet where we should be and need to be in order to have the nation that most of us would be happy with.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You know as well as I do that these things are getting better even though it doesn't seem that way. Crime rates are down, more people have healthcare, there are more women and minorities in leadership positions in both business and government, and racial relations are definitely better.
How many interracial couples/marriages did we see in the 60's compared to now? Both white supremacists and black supremacists don't like it but that's just a fact. They are trying to turn back the progress we have made, shame on them.

So no, we aren't yet where we should be and need to be in order to have the nation that most of us would be happy with.

You are more optimistic than I am. We are also likely looking at different metrics, for example;

You: More people have healthcare.

Me: People are increasingly unhealthy (regardless of having health insurance, which in many cases is too expensive to utilize due to high co-pays and deductibles).

Also, "more women and minorities in leadership positions" doesn't translate to better leadership.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Not sure, in the town i live in (+14,000) last weekend we had 4 murders. Last year we had 23 total murders

Now every politician in town wants to talk about what to do. But they will never solve this problem, it may eventually go away, but that will be because it just did, not because anyone did anything.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Me: People are increasingly unhealthy.
I agree, and more needs to be done to correct it. That's something we can address by better education in schools and public announcements in media.

Maybe the pharma companies who sell their products consistently on TV and written media should be induced to sell good eating habits as well.
"If you eat this way you may never have to buy our insulin." :)

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps headway would be made if the 'conspiracies' were taken seriously. If so much effort is put into downplaying them, then perhaps there is something there after all considering the desperation to discredit them. Remember all the world is built upon lies, and the best liars determine what is truth. Look how in one year what was ridiculed even here, is now being 'officially' considered as possibilities. It all depends on who outmanoeuvres who in controlling the narrative.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Not sure, in the town i live in (+14,000) last weekend we had 4 murders. Last year we had 23 total murders

Now every politician in town wants to talk about what to do. But they will never solve this problem, it may eventually go away, but that will be because it just did, not because anyone did anything.

Terrible! If possible I would move from there ASAP. There are many places to live where people act with more love and compassion than live like predatory animals.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There are many places to live where people act with more love and compassion than live like predatory animals.
If predators are left to themselves they will end up turning on each other and as their communities grow, it becomes a national threat/division rather than a local one. Better to nip it in the bud at a local level instead of leaving them to themselves to expand and prosper. We've already seen what happens when neighbourhoods are left to the gangs, or worse yet to the self serving movements that arise. Before you know it they are seen as a power with a political voice that can eventually turn the tables on society as we are seeing now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also, "more women and minorities in leadership positions" doesn't translate to better leadership.
I didn't mean better leadership but better equality between the sexes and the races.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I agree, and more needs to be done to correct it. That's something we can address by better education in schools and public announcements in media.

Maybe the pharma companies who sell their products consistently on TV and written media should be induced to sell good eating habits as well.
"If you eat this way you may never have to buy our insulin." :)

Big pharma sells you one drug for your illness and 5 more to deal with the successive side effects.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I didn't mean better leadership but better equality between the sexes and the races.

Wouldn't better leadership be the point? Otherwise you're just rearranging the deck chairs.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Terrible! If possible I would move from there ASAP. There are many places to live where people act with more love and compassion than live like predatory animals.

Nowhere to go i am living with my 92 year old mom looking after her. Plus i have 25 years where i work and just a few more and i will retire.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wouldn't better leadership be the point? Otherwise you're just rearranging the deck chairs.
The idea is that white men aren't the only people that are intelligent leadership material and now, not like before, women and minorities have a fair shot at getting those positions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nowhere to go i am living with my 92 year old mom looking after her. Plus i have 25 years where i work and just a few more and i will retire.
How far is your town from the closest city?
Were those four murders four separate incidents?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How far is your town from the closest city?
Were those four murders four separate incidents?

Not sure what you mean by how far is my town from the closest city.

I think so, i has gotten so, i really do not pay much attention to detail just basically read a head line.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So quantity not quality? How would that apply to your purchases? Better to have an endless supply of sub-standard products to replace the sub-standard products? MLK's idea of 'content of character' should be set aside for general equality?

Upvote 0