Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So quantity not quality? How would that apply to your purchases? Better to have an endless supply of sub-standard products to replace the sub-standard products? MLK's idea of 'content of character' should be set aside for general equality?
See post #15.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Well i said all i said, now when election time comes around the people will vote back in the same ole people that have been there. About the only time, a person gets removed is if they die or decide not to run again because of age.

It is either insanity or sear stupidly on the behalf of the voter. I always love how these fox news, cnn and other news medias always say how intelligent the american voter is, maybe so, i just do not see it in my area.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The idea is that white men aren't the only people that are intelligent leadership material and now, not like before, women and minorities have a fair shot at getting those positions.

White men do have an advantage as they've been in leadership roles much longer than women and minorities. This won't be easily overcome but gains are being made.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well i said all i said, now when election time comes around the people will vote back in the same ole people that have been there. About the only time, a person gets removed is if they die or decide not to run again because of age.

It is either insanity or sear stupidly on the behalf of the voter. I always love how these fox news, cnn and other news medias always say how intelligent the american voter is, maybe so, i just do not see it in my area.

The fate of America is in the hands of the people.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You know as well as I do that these things are getting better even though it doesn't seem that way. Crime rates are down, more people have healthcare, there are more women and minorities in leadership positions in both business and government, and racial relations are definitely better.
How many interracial couples/marriages did we see in the 60's compared to now? Both white supremacists and black supremacists don't like it but that's just a fact. They are trying to turn back the progress we have made, shame on them.

So no, we aren't yet where we should be and need to be in order to have the nation that most of us would be happy with.
could you provide some evidence for those facts?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Americans falsely, and dangerously, believe that the country is fail safe.

Well as the country ages, the youth who are now in the 20's 30' and 40's have had it fairly good. So they naturally, just can not see or believe america can be anything but just the greatest.

As they are constantly being told by the country (government, media, etc..).

They believe the cry that america is a free nation.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well as the country ages, the youth who are now in the 20's 30' and 40's have had it fairly good. So they naturally, just can not see or believe america can be anything but just the greatest.

As they are constantly being told by the country (government, media, etc..).

They believe the cry that america is a free nation.

As long as the Constitution, with the Bill of Rights, is upheld we are pretty free. Freedom of expression is being punished however.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Along with government, education, and the media. They seem to have a stranglehold on people's thinking. Sad.
Yes, all extensions of the corporate world government. What is education and media but what they have always been, advertising agencies for the status quo selling a way of thinking (real time living commercials).

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
As long as the Constitution, with the Bill of Rights, is upheld we are pretty free. Freedom of expression is being punished however.

But the big problem is now how those words are interpreted. America may end up just like christians and the Bible, find someone who preachers what you want to here and you have 100"s of denominations.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, all extensions of the corporate world government. What is education and media but what they have always been, advertising agencies for the status quo selling a way of thinking (real time living commercials).

True. Even the USDA's "food pyramid" was intended to promote/increase the sale of agricultural products, even in the face of an unfolding obesity problem in America. As well Americans bought into the false notion that food is necessarily expensive... by buying expensive foods. This bled over to the various supplemental food programs that insure that even the poor are able to overeat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
In my area Mcdonald's and similar food chains, they feed a good portion of the population, it could be as much as 55%. If they are not eating at Mcdonald's, at the grocery store they are stocking up on soft drinks and junk (white bread, honey buns, bacon, cereal, hotdogs, bologna, ice cream, any thing high in sugar, chemical's and preservatives so on and so)

Local grocery stores find it hard to stock organic items as they just do not sale and wal mart keeps a few items.

• Agree
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In my area Mcdonald's and similar food chains, they feed a good portion of the population, it could be as much as 55%. If they are not eating at Mcdonald's, at the grocery store they are stocking up on soft drinks and junk (white bread, honey buns, bacon, cereal, hotdogs, bologna, ice cream, any thing high in sugar, chemical's and preservatives so on and so)

Local grocery stores find it hard to stock organic items as they just do not sale and wal mart keeps a few items.

I have the good fortune to live in a progressive city that supports a growing organic food market.

• Informative
Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Me: People are increasingly unhealthy (regardless of having health insurance, which in many cases is too expensive to utilize due to high co-pays and deductibles).
I am not disagreeing with you but what is your evidence for this claim?

Upvote 0