Conspiracy - Are Some Theories Accurate?

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think the video was mainly focused about dating rocks (i.e. non-C-14 radiometric dating). I understand there are massive problems with rock dating. There are also problems with C-14 dating, but to my understanding, it gives errors much less significant than those used for other forms of radiometric dating (e.g. for rocks) - usually up to several hundred percent, rather than thousands of percent or more.

That's been tested, too. Turns out, argon-argon testing precisely dated the volcanic flow that buried Pompeii. Remarkably, it worked for even that very recent event.

As you see, you were lied to about radioisotope dating. But there are lots of ways an ignorant or intentionally dishonest person can mess it up. Would you like to learn about some of those ways?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
(Barbarian notes that God acknowledges that Adam and Eve were never immortal)

Thank you Barbarian. So let's read together what it says:

Gen. 3:22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also and eat, and live forever.”

None of the verses you mention contradicts God's statement that Adam might become immortal.

.. well, that's what I understand the Bible say anyways.

Fortunately, it doesn't mean anything to our salvation; we can take either position without endangering our souls.

God bless you.

May He bless and keep you also.

Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

Theo102

Sep 10, 2018
Auckland
✟24,484.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Rationalist
Marital Status
Private
Gen. 3:22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also and eat, and live forever.”

The idea of permission "he must not be allowed" isn't present in the original Hebrew. The tree of life was never forbidden, but Adam was removed from the garden by YHWH Elohim to stop him from eating of it.

What is missing here is knowledge of Elohim: Isaiah 53:11 "by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many" and Hosea 6:6 "For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of Elohim more than burnt offerings." (Matthew 9:13, Matthew 12:7)

Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, & well put. Glad you understand. I'm more of an artist/musician type so I'm oriented to aesthetic extending to metaphor. From there I can go abstract and that gives me access to math & science.
I can actually get comfortable with it, especially in a class full of enthused students. Such was the case when I took trig in college, but I was a new parent and the homework did me in. lol
So here's another mercifully short video which at about 3 minutes in, gets specific with carbon 14 failure. But first let me remark again, keep the two contending end-views (secular/theo) in mind:

I'm interested if you've heard this criticism before and what you might think of it.
It sounds mostly accurate. C-14 dating is not useful for specific dates, but can be used as corroborating evidence.

I also understand that atmospheric C-14 would have mostly reached an equilibrium in the atmosphere, were the Earth older than 30,000 years. As this equilibrium has not been reached, this is evidence that the Earth is less than 30,000 years old.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The idea of permission "he must not be allowed" isn't present in the original Hebrew.

It can be translated "lest he reach out..." Doesn't matter. The point is that he wasn't immortal, and God was concerned that he might become so.

The tree of life was never forbidden, but Adam was removed from the garden by YHWH Elohim to stop him from eating of it.

If so, he wasn't immortal, but was being kept alive by divine intervention. There is no statement to that effect in scripture, however.

Upvote 0

Theo102

Sep 10, 2018
Auckland
✟24,484.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Rationalist
Marital Status
Private
It can be translated "lest he reach out..." Doesn't matter. The point is that he wasn't immortal, and God was concerned that he might become so.
It matters because adding the idea of permission to scripture endorses a false paradigm of rights.

If so, he wasn't immortal, but was being kept alive by divine intervention. There is no statement to that effect in scripture, however.
Non sequitur. His life was an aspect of his being, as endowned by his Creators.

Everything is permitted, which is not forbidden by law.
Maxims of Law

• Agree
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It sounds mostly accurate. C-14 dating is not useful for specific dates, but can be used as corroborating evidence.

I also understand that atmospheric C-14 would have mostly reached an equilibrium in the atmosphere, were the Earth older than 30,000 years. As this equilibrium has not been reached, this is evidence that the Earth is less than 30,000 years old.

Actually, it varies by the amount of cosmic radiation, by the variation in carbon sinks like coral and green plants, and so on. This is why varve data is so useful in making the process accurate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Theo102

Sep 10, 2018
Auckland
✟24,484.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Rationalist
Marital Status
Private
Because reason is essential in order to find a meaningful interpretation of scripture. The common law has the same philosophy of ethics as Torah, reason is the life of the common law (Coke), and reason is part of reproof.

towkachath {to-kakh'-ath}; from yakach; chastisement; figuratively (by words) correction, refutation, proof (even in defence) -- argument, X chastened, correction, reasoning, rebuke, reproof, X be (often) reproved.

Strong's Hebrew: 8433. תּוֹכֵחָה (towkechah)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Isn't that supposed to be the same; .. science and Biblical truth?
That's the ennobling theory that silently becomes back seat to global evolution into transhuman divinity.
It's all good. We can download your 'consciousness' (think "soul") into a virtual reality where you can live forever and do whatever you want.
What could go wrong?

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Eyes Wide Shut | The Disturbing Truth

a worldwide pedophile ring and child sex trafficking carried out by the Luciferian elite. Contains brief courtroom testimony and I will link to the original below. Eyes Wide Shut was not the movie Kubrick intended audiences to see. The studio cut 24 minutes from the film, and just few days later, the legendary filmmaker was dead. What was in those 24 minutes? And what happens at the REAL masked parties? Join me as we infiltrate the bizarre hidden world of the Satanic elite!

20 minutes

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Secret of Melchizedek in Genesis

This falls under the realm of Conspiracy to me because it is only an interpretation and therefore speculation. However, despite the labored and slightly comical voice of the speaker, he offers a very interesting study.

From Video Description : I am not saying 100% that this is who Melchizedek actually is! All I'm saying is that this is who myself and many others have come to the conclusion of who Melchizedek is. If this is true then that means this is possibly one of the greatest secrets in all of the book of Genesis predicting something amazing that was soon to come.

14 minutes - Worth Watching/Listening

• Haha
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

If Adam & Eve weren't created to live forever, death was already waiting for them making it's use as a warning redundant.
Looks to me like omniscience was the forbidden goal.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Secret of Melchizedek in Genesis

This falls under the realm of Conspiracy to me because it is only an interpretation and therefore speculation. However, despite the labored and slightly comical voice of the speaker, he offers a very interesting study.

From Video Description : I am not saying 100% that this is who Melchizedek actually is! All I'm saying is that this is who myself and many others have come to the conclusion of who Melchizedek is. If this is true then that means this is possibly one of the greatest secrets in all of the book of Genesis predicting something amazing that was soon to come.

14 minutes - Worth Watching/Listening
LOL, sorry. My little table couldn't amplify the dramatic whisper which bordered on self parody.
I only lasted 5 minutes. Was he going to suggest Jesus was Melchizedec?

• Agree
Upvote 0