Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Prayer is great. But in prayer, we often do all the talking and wrap it up at some point. In meditation, we contemplate Scripture, truths, life events, and seek to be open that we might hear from God. Mindfulness is just... breathing and experiencing the moment... experiencing being alive. No chatter in either direction. It's like just allowing yourself to... be.

I got into studying these things as a result of seeking ways to manage my PTSD. Prayer, meditation, soaking prayer, contemplative prayer, mindfulness. It has all been much help.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mindfulness is just... breathing and experiencing the moment... experiencing being alive. No chatter in either direction. It's like just allowing yourself to... be.

Well put. And yet some people are threatened by it.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Just a question based on my own reflections.

Do you think that people who develop the ability to reflect in solitude are less likely to believe everything they hear from politicians? Do you think they are more likely to think beyond the message, and more likely to look for actual corroborating evidence?

Would "mindful people" be much less likely to listen to the words of President Trump, for example? In my experience they would be people who would look beyond the message. You are, of course, welcome to have a different opinion.

• Winner
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0