KLLM82

Heir of God's Kingdom
Jan 30, 2004
✟376.00
Faith
Non-Denom
katej1 said:
I live in New Haven, CT!

I live in NYC but I went to West Haven last month to attend a couple of services by Evangelist Todd Bentley (from Fresh Fire Ministries in Canada) held at the Gateway Christian Fellowiship and it was awesome. Has anyone from CT been there? It's a great Christian Church :). Here's the site if some of you are interested: http://www.gateway-fellowship.org/

~Katia~

Upvote 0

KLLM82

Heir of God's Kingdom
Jan 30, 2004
✟376.00
Faith
Non-Denom
jons911 said:
i don't think i could handle living in the city.... No one talks to each other!!

Not only that but a lot of them lack manners/respect...most don't even get up to give a seat to an elderly person anymore...how sad is that? :( I think some of it has to do with the fact that NYC is a stressful city so most people end up caring more about themselves...which is sad too.

~Katia~

Upvote 0

jons911

Jan 12, 2004
Norwalk, CT
✟9,368.00
Faith
Non-Denom
job24 said:
not like all of us pish posh CT folk :p but then again, I am from northern CT so we are the poor folk who make between $70,000 and $120,000...:D

LOL - i love this quote:

Connecticut, a haughty sort of place, is not accustomed to finding itself in the same lists as Louisiana or New Jersey, where corruption is more or less taken for granted among state politicians.

-David Rennie, news.telegraph.co.uk
Re: The shenanigans in Hartford

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KLLM82

Heir of God's Kingdom
Jan 30, 2004
✟376.00
Faith
Non-Denom
jons911 said:
sad... sad indeed...

how long have you lived in the city?

I've lived in NY for the past 9 years. I came here when I was 12 and honestly, I didn't like it much since I didn't grow up in a "city lifestyle" but I've gotten used to it for the past couple years...even got used to the NY subways. Have you ever seen some people run to get a seat? I think that's funny...as if they're going to pass out if they don't get a seat or something :).

~Katia~

Upvote 0

jons911

Jan 12, 2004
Norwalk, CT
✟9,368.00
Faith
Non-Denom
KLLM82 said:
Have you ever seen some people run to get a seat? I think that's funny...as if they're going to pass out if they don't get a seat or something :).

LOL - the little bit of subwaying I've done, I don't think there was even close to room to move to a seat. I just take the 5 train from GC to Wall Street, during rush hour, so it's always PACKED -- talk about sardines in a can!

Upvote 0

KLLM82

Heir of God's Kingdom
Jan 30, 2004
✟376.00
Faith
Non-Denom
jons911 said:
LOL - the little bit of subwaying I've done, I don't think there was even close to room to move to a seat. I just take the 5 train from GC to Wall Street, during rush hour, so it's always PACKED -- talk about sardines in a can!

I'm sure you must love taking the Metro-North after those experiences :)

~Katia~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LuxPerpetua

I am, therefore I love
Feb 7, 2004
Ohio
✟8,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Kathy said:
WOW! I just checked back to see how many (if any) people are from Ct... Glad to see list growing..thought everyone was from out West or anywhere except Ct. lol I lived here in ct. my whole life (Stratford,ct) I just love CT. :clap:

I just moved here from Mississippi, so, since you are from CT originally, can you please tell me how to warm up? I stay constantly cold. :help:

Upvote 0

Kathy

Veteran
Sep 7, 2003
Connecticut,USA
Visit site
✟8,891.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
lol well,I've lived here in CT my whole life and Im pretty used to it...of course,I love the winter here in CT snow,cold and the whole 9 yrds lol Hey,you could sit next to the fireplace if you have one or turn up the heat or you can buy a pair of long johns..that will work.. lol Welcome to Connecticut!

Upvote 0

Job24

Jul 21, 2003
connecticut
✟1,790.00
Faith
Baptist
jons911 said:
:D CT is cool. But not as cool as MA. ;)

Welcome to CT, Lux!! And how to warm up? Let me know if you figure it out :p
wait a minute folks..I think that us native Connecticans have a massonian in our midst and he is a sabator....COME OUT OR WE WILL FIND YOU...

I know how...all we have to do is compare his driving to the native connecticut driver and we will find the hidden Mass native :p

Upvote 0

Job24

Jul 21, 2003
connecticut
✟1,790.00
Faith
Baptist
LuxPerpetua said:
I just moved here from Mississippi, so, since you are from CT originally, can you please tell me how to warm up? I stay constantly cold. :help:
well just eat a lot of Vitamin K and that is a blood coagulent :D

actually, there is no way. you just get used to the cold winters, and whacky change of weather

Upvote 0