Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hello all. I'm new to this forum and joined so I can perhaps get some help. All my life I've been a practicing Catholic and was brought up in the faith by my mother. A year ago my dad who never attended church suddenly "found Jesus" after attending a service at his friend's Baptist church. So now my dad asks me to come along so I agree so as not to start an argument (in my house we usually do as dad asks). I'm now caught in a very strange position. I've been a Catholic all my life and suddenly my dad wants us to go to the Baptist church with him every Sunday. I've told him im Catholic but he hesitates saying "it's about JESUS not Catholic or Baptist". I haven't been going to my Catholic church weekly for a year now and I'm so confused and sacred of losing my Catholic faith. Ive made friends at the Baptist church but I'm not willing to let go of my Catholicism and Baptist just isn't for me. My dad gets mad when I try to let him down easily and tell him how I really feel and it usually starts a fight. What should I do? How can I get back to the Catholic Church which is like a home away from home for me without triggering my dad?

The bottom line is not whether or not you are a Catholic, Baptist, Methodist as those are simply labels showing where or in what form one chooses to worship and congregate. You should decide where you choose to do so.

But your dad is correct in that our salvation is based upon Jesus Christ. Christ is our Savior and the only important issue is that we worship Him in truth and agape love.

Your dad needs to understand where and how you choose to worship. He has made his choice and respectfully he should allow you to do the same.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello all. I'm new to this forum and joined so I can perhaps get some help. All my life I've been a practicing Catholic and was brought up in the faith by my mother. A year ago my dad who never attended church suddenly "found Jesus" after attending a service at his friend's Baptist church. So now my dad asks me to come along so I agree so as not to start an argument (in my house we usually do as dad asks). I'm now caught in a very strange position. I've been a Catholic all my life and suddenly my dad wants us to go to the Baptist church with him every Sunday. I've told him im Catholic but he hesitates saying "it's about JESUS not Catholic or Baptist". I haven't been going to my Catholic church weekly for a year now and I'm so confused and sacred of losing my Catholic faith. Ive made friends at the Baptist church but I'm not willing to let go of my Catholicism and Baptist just isn't for me. My dad gets mad when I try to let him down easily and tell him how I really feel and it usually starts a fight. What should I do? How can I get back to the Catholic Church which is like a home away from home for me without triggering my dad?

A very simple yet serious question. Why are you Catholic?

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A very simple yet serious question. Why are you Catholic?

Who was the catholic guy who claimed, “give us a child till he is seven and we will have him for life” could that be pertinent here?.."..just curious

Upvote 0