west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If Christian leaders "serve" or are "servants", why is it that church members have to ask them permission to contribute to a "service".

The role most Christian leaders take is that of ruler, not servant. They enjoy their command position and exercise it despite what Jesus said.
Now there's a good question.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, we all know of such things in some sects. I always recommend a Bible-only assembly, and I like that the site at biblecounsel.net speaks of how a caring worldwide fellowship are not petty, and regards the priesthood of all believers (note 1 Peter 2: 5 & 9). Write me personally if you wish to talk further on such. Look up always for God cares always!

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟167,087.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since many of you have seen the corruption of the modern day system, I was curious about something. Have any of you ever confronted leadership with what you've been shown? Or did you mostly just leave quietly?
Yes, I have tried to speak to many of them. And sadly many have proven to be like Diotrephes

“ 3 John 1:8,9. “I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.10. Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.”

Other times I have spoken to the brothers and sisters and many receive what I share gladly, but then the one man exalted man over all unbiblically called “the pastor” steps in and sees that I am speaking from scripture of the body ministry (1 Cor 14:26-38, 1 Peter 4:10,11, Ephesians 4:11-16, 1Cor 12, Romans 12:1-8, 1 Thess 5:11, Colossians 3:15,16, etc and about plurality of elders) and he begins to feel his grip and control lording over the flock weakening and he uses his unbiblical power to throw me out.

I have had some of them attack me physically in front of thier assembly after they could not get the elders to agree with them, instead the person who was an elder agreed with me from what I showed in scripture. Then this one man called the “pastor” grabbed me, spun me to the side and ripped my coat lifted me up in the air on his shoulders ( he was a big man) and carried me out to the door and the next day the power of God so shook him for his sin that he called me in secret on the phone trembling and said sorry. But he should have done this before all the brothers and sisters as well he did not do so or invite me back. He was shortly after no longer in ministry.

Another man rushed at me in the assembly after he said it was good to see me and called me a brother but he then said I was not welcome there. I said why do you call me a brother and treat me this way? He then rushed at me down the isle and I said to all “watch what your pastor is going to do, this is not right” (something to that effect. He came and grabbed my coat with two hands as he pushed me and I turned as he fell down to the ground still holding my coat and I rebuked him. Then a big man (thinking he was doing a good thing) grabbed me and took me out i rebuked him and showed him the fruit of his exalted Lord over them, he then was convicted and went back to confront the pastor. The people of that assembly received me gladly and I had some good work among them.

I have other times had the so called”pastor” call for some men called “ushers and security”, to drag me out. I have been lifted up in the air and carried out by many men who sinned in doing so. I have had many experiences with Diotrephes types.

All this is as I was sent to them to speak of God’s order and body ministry and to set in order things that are lacking.

There are many more examples.

But since the Lord has sent me out I have often been spoken against, written against, threatened, punched attacked clothes ripped has mobs against me and the rage of freshly men.

I have even heard these Lords over the flock say to me , (when confronted by the truth of scripture) they have said, “I don’t care what the bible says”

But Jesus told us this would happen and we see such things all through the history of the church.

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I have tried to speak to many of them. And sadly many have proven to be like Diotrephes

“ 3 John 1:8,9. “I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.10. Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.”

Other times I have spoken to the brothers and sisters and many receive what I share gladly, but then the one man exalted man over all unbiblically called “the pastor” steps in and sees that I am speaking from scripture of the body ministry (1 Cor 14:26-38, 1 Peter 4:10,11, Ephesians 4:11-16, 1Cor 12, Romans 12:1-8, 1 Thess 5:11, Colossians 3:15,16, etc and about plurality of elders) and he begins to feel his grip and control lording over the flock weakening and he uses his unbiblical power to throw me out.

I have had some of them attack me physically in front of thier assembly after they could not get the elders to agree with them, instead the person who was an elder agreed with me from what I showed in scripture. Then this one man called the “pastor” grabbed me, spun me to the side and ripped my coat lifted me up in the air on his shoulders ( he was a big man) and carried me out to the door and the next day the power of God so shook him for his sin that he called me in secret on the phone trembling and said sorry. But he should have done this before all the brothers and sisters as well he did not do so or invite me back. He was shortly after no longer in ministry.

Another man rushed at me in the assembly after he said it was good to see me and called me a brother but he then said I was not welcome there. I said why do you call me a brother and treat me this way? He then rushed at me down the isle and I said to all “watch what your pastor is going to do, this is not right” (something to that effect. He came and grabbed my coat with two hands as he pushed me and I turned as he fell down to the ground still holding my coat and I rebuked him. Then a big man (thinking he was doing a good thing) grabbed me and took me out i rebuked him and showed him the fruit of his exalted Lord over them, he then was convicted and went back to confront the pastor. The people of that assembly received me gladly and I had some good work among them.

I have other times had the so called”pastor” call for some men called “ushers and security”, to drag me out. I have been lifted up in the air and carried out by many men who sinned in doing so. I have had many experiences with Diotrephes types.

All this is as I was sent to them to speak of God’s order and body ministry and to set in order things that are lacking.

There are many more examples.

But since the Lord has sent me out I have often been spoken against, written against, threatened, punched attacked clothes ripped has mobs against me and the rage of freshly men.

I have even heard these Lords over the flock say to me , (when confronted by the truth of scripture) they have said, “I don’t care what the bible says”

But Jesus told us this would happen and we see such things all through the history of the church.
My personal experience except in private with no physical activity involved. Essentially I was disfellowshiped but allowed to attend.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟167,087.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul also warned of the danger of men drawing away disciples after themselves

“ Acts 20:29-31 “For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.30. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.31. Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.”

We also read of some of thier marks in this section,

“ 2 Corinthians 1118-20 “Seeing that many glory after the flesh, I will glory also.19. For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise.20. For ye suffer, if a man bring you into bondage, if a man devour you, if a man take of you, if a man exalt himself, if a man smite you on the face.”

Upvote 0