United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
cel·e·bra·tion
ˌseləˈbrāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. the action of marking one's pleasure at an important event or occasion by engaging in enjoyable, typically social, activity.
    "the birth of his son was a cause for celebration"
    synonyms: commemoration, observance, marking, keeping More

copied right from google for you (all).

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't want it both ways. BOTH the union and the South were abominable, but one was definitely more abominable than the other simply for the fact that one side did something about it, while the other side continued to hold on to the abomination - even compounding it.
Still false. The slave-holding states on the Union side continued to hold them longer than the Confederate ones were able to, and when Lincoln issued his famous Emancipation Proclamation it almost caused a rebellion in the North because his soldiers did not enlist in order to free slaves! Such was their POV.

Yet, the fact is that the Emancipation Proclamation did not free a single slave in the slave states that had remained in the Union. Lincoln, the so-called Great Emancipator, was very careful not to do that!

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Usually, or always?

All celebrations have traditional social aspects.
...I'll help you. There is a parade in the South on Confederate Memorial Day. I think that's a bad thing, because that is a sort of "celebratory" event.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A proper memorial would include moments of silence, remembrance of Southerners who were punished for rebeling, black slaves who did good things, etc.

...Something people of all kinds can collectively take part in... But don't just be a destroyer... Be a fixer.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Still false. The slave-holding states on the Union side continued to hold them longer than the Confederate ones were able to, and when Lincoln issued his famous Emancipation Proclamation it almost caused a rebellion in the North because his soldiers did not enlist in order to free slaves! Such was their POV.

Yet, the fact is that the Emancipation Proclamation did not free a single slave in the slave states that had remained in the Union. Lincoln, the so-called Great Emancipator, was very careful not to do that!

No, it isn't false. The South to this day still "looks back" at the pre-civil war South in the same way Lot's wife did: they are reminiscent of the time. And, that is because they do not know what happened (history,) they willingly deny/ignore what happened, or they don't care of the implications of being reminiscent of the days when slaves were penetrated in front of their families for the purposes of providing proper subservient labour for plantation owners. Pick one, but don't have us believe the Confederacy is only about history of "good men."

The EP was not about freeing slaves, and neither was the civil war. I know I never said this because I vehemently disagree with it. I know what it was about, and it wasn't emancipation.

However, we can't get there because we cant agree that what the fathers of the fathers of many Southerners did to African slaves was an abomination (that it happened, and what actually happened) - and we cannot seem to stay on point bout the geographical context of this thread.

Stop diverging into reasons the North isn't getting any criticism about this type of thing, because the North isn't the one trying to convince the nation the celebration is benign. That, alone - that deception - is what makes people even more repulsed by "The South."

Now, I still entertain that you just don't know the horrors, but there is no reason you should stay ignorant in the age of google and MIT Open Courseworks.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
All celebrations have traditional social aspects.
...I'll help you. There is a parade in the South on Confederate Memorial Day. I think that's a bad thing, because that is a sort of "celebratory" event.

I needed help?

So, we agree that Confederate Memorial Day is, by definition, a celebration?

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
A proper memorial would include moments of silence, remembrance of Southerners who were punished for rebeling, black slaves who did good things, etc.

...Something people of all kinds can collectively take part in... But don't just be a destroyer... Be a fixer.

No one really knows something is broken; that is the point (in its most concise form) I am trying to make.

Once it is clear people realize something was not only broken, but razed to the ground, then we can defecate on the North. I would be right there saying the same things - because they are two peas in a pod (the south and north.) We can do that now (in another thread,) but this one is about the Confederate Memorial Day.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Did they rape their slaves, breed them with their parents and relatives so that they could produce stronger slaves, and publicly humiliate the males (buck breaking)?

Does it make it right, then, to celebrate a historic moment when those practices were considered the economic foundation of the region of celebration?

Buck breaking is a black supremacist myth. It didn't happen.

After noticing you posted this multiple times, I can only wonder why you appear fixated on public male rapes that didn't happen. I've got serious doubts about your in-breeding claims as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

That's republicans for you, eh?

• Haha
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Buck breaking is a black supremacist myth. It didn't happen.

After noticing you posted this multiple times, I can only wonder why you appear fixated on public male rapes that didn't happen. I've got serious doubts about your in-breeding claims as well.

It isn't a black supremacist hoax. The slave owners raped their male and female slaves in public and private - but this wasn't an issue because they weren't considered human. They were property.

It would be like causing a fuss over "raping" a sex doll; it isn't going to make the paper, and anyone who says you raped a human would be considered an extremist fool.

As far as your implications - whatever they may be - I hope you find what you are looking for in someone else.

Have a good evening.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It isn't a black supremacist hoax. The slave owners raped their male and female slaves in public and private - but this wasn't an issue because they weren't considered human. They were property.

I'm not saying rape didn't happen....of course it did...but there's never been any historical evidence of "buck breaking" anywhere and it goes against the honor culture of the south during slavery times. The term buck breaking first appears in black supremacist literature in the 1900s...as well as it's description. It's nothing more than the propaganda tool of racists...which says a lot lot about where you get your information.

As for selective breeding....it almost never happened. It was considered extremely rare...and I wasn't able to find any mention of selective inbreeding. The reasons for that should be plainly obvious, coupling parent to child leads to a very high rate of deformity and genetic damage. Even a first year practitioner of husbandry would know this.

I don't know where you get your info...but I could probably make a decent guess at this point. If you want to make a bunch of self righteous arguments about slavery...it would be wise to educate yourself on the topic first instead of repeating outrageous claims that have no basis in historical fact.

Upvote 0