FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yes, Adam’s act of disobedience, by alienating humanity from God, caused all men to become sinners. Jesus’s act of obedience, by reconciling man with God, causes men to become righteous. We can refuse to be reconciled but it’s open to all. It comes by faith; when we believe in Him, God becomes our God again. Jesus reveals the true God, worth believing in.

Becoming a sinner in the first Adam was not by choice. Becoming righteous in the Last Adam, precisely identical with "much more" added.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Becoming a sinner in the first Adam was not by choice. Becoming righteous in the Last Adam, precisely identical with "much more" added.
Adam chose for us all. We're all in that Adam, possibly choosing to carry on his family tradition, or, to now choose, daily, with the help of grace, whether or not to follow the New Adam instead.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The perfect equation, declared by St. Paul, most assuredly leaps from the page as part of the whole New covenant.

The the entire Covenant is the love of God announced to a guilty world.

Not judgment, not condemnation: His love
Jesus disagrees in John 3:18.

Paul disagrees in Romans 5:18.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"The love that brought forth the existence of all things, changes not through the fall of its creatures, but is continually at work, to bring back all fallen nature and creature to their first state of goodness. God's providence, from the fall to the restitution of all things, is doing the same thing, as when He said to the dark chaos of fallen nature, Let there be light; He still says, and will continue saying the same thing, till there is no evil of darkness left in all that is nature and creature. God creating, God illuminating, God sanctifying,
God threatening and punishing, God forgiving and redeeming, is but one and the same essential, immutable, never ceasing working of the divine nature." ~William Law
Agreed. . .God is first of all just, such that his love must satisfy his justice.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Agreed. . .God is first of all just, such that his love must satisfy his justice.
Our Lord has a number of things that describe His essence. Of those is Spirit, Light &
Love. He is indeed just, in fact perfect i

Our Lord has a number of things that describe His essence. Of those is Spirit, Light &
Love. He is indeed just, in fact perfect in justice.

I said to myself, “God will bring into judgment both the righteous andthe wicked, for there will be a time for every activity, a time to judge every deed."

No where in all Scripture is Abba's essence described as justice.

• Informative
Reactions: wendykvw
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Love. He is indeed just, in fact perfect in justice.

I said to myself, “God will bring into judgment both the righteous andthe wicked, for there will be a time for every activity, a time to judge every deed."

No where in all Scripture is Abba's essence described as justice.
Nowhere in all of Scripture is God's essence described.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom

The entire Scripture is one harmonious whole

The Master of Restoration does not disagree with St. Paul.

The entire New Covenant is the love of God announced to a guilty world.

• Agree
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Adam chose for us all. We're all in that Adam, possibly choosing to carry on his family tradition, or, to now choose, daily, with the help of grace, whether or not to follow the New Adam instead.

The Divine equation has no choice involved: zero.

"His grace is made perfect in weakness."

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The entire Scripture is one harmonious whole.

The Master of Restoration does not disagree with St. Paul.

The entire New Covenant is the love of God announced to a guilty world.
Not only his love, but also his condemnation of those who reject him (John 3:18, John 3:36).
Does not address John 3:18, John 3:36.

Biblical assertion without Biblical demonstration is without Biblical merit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The entire mass of sinners in Adam 1 (the polus), are the mass of sinners (the polus)
made righteous in the Last Adam.

Every last one restored.

The problem is that mass who are condemned (ie. in Adam) cannot be in existence unless they are born of Adam. But people can exist in this world without being born of God.

While the Cross does not exclude any man, it only applies to those who believe.

We cannot escape the application of being born of Adam but we can reject the application of being born of God.

• Agree
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The problem is that mass who are condemned (ie. in Adam) cannot be in existence unless they are born of Adam. But people can exist in this world without being born of God.

While the Cross does not exclude any man, it only applies to those who believe.

We cannot escape the application of being born of Adam but we can reject the application of being born of God.

Being born anew is an awesome happening. The cross is the beginning and ending for us all.

"The purpose of the cross is to do away with you, blessed riddance." ~A.W. Tozer

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Divine equation has no choice involved: zero.

"His grace is made perfect in weakness."
Well, that verse doesn't support no choice anyway. But in any case it's all about grace, and our ability to resist it. God wants your will involved, for your highest good, regardless of how weakly at first, in order to make you something, defined as someone who loves (1 Cor 13:2). Only God can move us to faith, and to hope, and to love, and yet those are, of necessity, also choices, gifts that can be rejected. And without our cooperation, you'll have no righteousness of any kind. Either way He has zero interest in puppets.

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me." Rev 3:20

"If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned." John 15:5

"And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me." Luke 9:23

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men." ~Romans 5:18

Note: Condemnation for ALL MEN: Justification for ALL men.

This free-flowing gift imparts to us much more than what was given to us through the one who sinned. For because of one transgression, we are all facing a death sentence with a verdict of “guilty!” But this gracious gift leaves us free from our many failures and brings us into the perfect righteousness of God—acquitted with the words “not guilty!”

Death once held us in its grip, and by the blunder of one man, death reigned as king over humanity. But now, how much more are we held in the grip of grace and continue reigning as kings in life, enjoying our regal freedom through the gift of perfect righteousness in the one and only Jesus, the Messiah!

In other words, just as condemnation came upon all people through one transgression, so through one righteous act of Jesus’ sacrifice, the perfect righteousness that makes us right with God and leads us to a victorious life is now available to all. One man’s disobedience opened the door for all humanity to become sinners.

So also one man’s obedience opened the door for many to be made perfectly right with God and acceptable to him.
~TPT

Seems there is a word at the start of this verse "Therefore" is that telling us anything? Anyway yes we that believe in Yeshua are in right standing with the Father aka righteousness. Its as its written faith in Yeshua/Jesus Christ. Context always matters and it has to be written.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Where is love stated as his essence?

Whoever is without love does not know God, for God is love. In this way the love of God was revealed to us: God sent his only Son into the world so that we might have life through him. In this is love: not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as expiation for our sins.

• Agree
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Whoever is without love does not know God, for God is love. In this way the love of God was revealed to us: God sent his only Son into the world so that we might have life through him. In this is love: not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as expiation for our sins.

Those who are loved by God, let his love continually pour from you to one another, because God is love. Everyone who loves is fathered by God and experiences an intimate knowledge of him. The one who doesn’t love has yet to know God, for God is love. The light of God’s love shined within us when he sent his matchless Son into the world so that we might live through him. This is love: He loved us long before we loved him It was his love, not ours. He proved it by sending his Son to be the pleasing sacrificial offering to take away our sins. ~TPT

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The whole creation being restored exceeds the malista first-fruits.
I've already made my point, so there is no point in continuing the discussion.

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God is just. . .is justice also his essence?

God is all wise. . .is wisdom also his essence?

God is all knowing. . .is omniscience also his essence?

God is all powerful. . .is omnipotence also his essence?

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Those who are loved by God, let his love continually pour from you to one another, because God is love. Everyone who loves is fathered by God
False religion. . .

There are those who deny the Christ, Jesus of Nazareth, and love well, as in Orthodox Jews.
NT apostolic teaching is that they are not children of God.

Upvote 0