FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"No one lives to himself and no one dies to himself. While we live, we must live for our Master, and in death we must bring honor to him. So dead or alive we belong to our Master. For this very reason the Anointed One died and was brought back to life again, so that he would become the Lord God over both the dead and the living." ~TPT

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
At the name of Jesus [εν τω ονοματι] .

Better, in the name.

The name means here the personal name; including all that is involved in the name. See on Matthew 28:19.

Hence the salutation is not at the name of Jesus, as by bowing when the name is uttered, but, as Ellicott rightly says : "the spiritual sphere, the holy element as it were, in which every prayer is to be offered and every knee to bow." Compare Ephesians 5:20.

Things in heaven, etc. Compare Revelation 5:13; Ephesians 1:20, Ephesians 1:22. The words may apply either to all intelligent beings or to all things. The latter is in accord with Paul 's treatment of the creation collectively in Romans 8:19-22, and with the Old - Testament passages, in which all nature is represented as praising God, as Psalms 148:0; Rom 65:13. ~Dr. Marvin Vincent

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Our Lord has a number of things that describe His essence. Of those is Spirit, Light &
Love. He is indeed just, in fact perfect i

Our Lord has a number of things that describe His essence. Of those is Spirit, Light &
Love. He is indeed just, in fact perfect in justice.

I said to myself, “God will bring into judgment both the righteous andthe wicked, for there will be a time for every activity, a time to judge every deed."

No where in all Scripture is Abba's essence described as justice.

Rom 3 "JUST and the Justifier" -- Rom 3.
"Just and true" Rev 15

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, that verse doesn't support no choice anyway. But in any case it's all about grace, and our ability to resist it. God wants your will involved, for your highest good, regardless of how weakly at first, in order to make you something, defined as someone who loves (1 Cor 13:2). Only God can move us to faith, and to hope, and to love, and yet those are, of necessity, also choices, gifts that can be rejected. And without our cooperation, you'll have no righteousness of any kind. Either way He has zero interest in puppets.

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me." Rev 3:20

"If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned." John 15:5

"And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me." Luke 9:23

amen

Upvote 0