Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I used to carry in my waistband. At the small of my back. Now that I've moved and refuse to register my guns with the state, I don't carry and instead stash them in the glovebox of my vehicles. Still a class 3 felony since they aren't registered, but oh well

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
IWB (inside waist band) holster...on my left (dominant hand) somewhere between my hip and back...doesn't dig into my hip bone or back that way.

...and while it's true that a .22lr could technically kill someone, I'm still a staunch believer that a 9mm round is the minimum for a defensive weapon as anything less runs the risk of not stopping the bad guy.

If you're a professional or have combat experience, then you might be able to pull off a precision shot in a tense/high-pressure situation...for the lion's share of the population, if it ever came to that, nerves are going to be a factor and you'll be lucky just to hit your target anywhere, much less, a vital zone that would be a one-shot-dropper with a smaller round. A shoulder hit with a .380 isn't going to be a finishing move against a determined assailant...as where a .40 or .45...you could basically hit the bad guy anywhere and they're going to re-think their life choices.

Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟34,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Agree...the only caveat to the caliber debate is shoot what you can control. The move from a .22 to a 380 is very easy even in a subcompact. When you start moving to a 9 in a subcompact recoil can become an issue...but today it may be worth sacrificing some concealability to gain the stopping power of the larger round.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Agree...the only caveat to the caliber debate is shoot what you can control. The move from a .22 to a 380 is very easy even in a subcompact. When you start moving to a 9 in a subcompact recoil can become an issue...but today it may be worth sacrificing some concealability to gain the stopping power of the larger round.

That was the case for quite some time...but some of these newly released models are very comfortable.

I snagged one of the new Springfield XDE's some months back that's chambered in 9mm...and it's extremely comfortable to shoot and seems to have less recoil than one of the full frame 9mm's I have.

upload_2019-8-4_9-19-28.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0