Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I “see” a lot of S&W Shields being carried. I shot my cousin’s Shield in June of this year. While I found it very easy to conceal, it was uncomfortable in my big gorilla hands.
I don't find it as comfortable to shoot, nor as accurate, as my 43. But once in awhile I will carry it, mostly to get it out of the safe, lol. Yes, big hands and small guns aren't a good combination.

Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟34,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I’m sure this has been discussed more than once, but rather than what do you carry, HOW do you carry? For me, pocket carry. Right front pocket and an extra 10 round extended mag in my left front pocket with an ammo armor cover.
And of course, I have to tell you what carry anyway lol. Glock 43 9mm. Federal Hydra Shock 135 grain ammo. Personal defense low recoil.

In general? Pocket carry a Sig 938 with a mag of hollow points in the gun, and a second mag with bonded tips. It used to be two mags with hollow points, but I made the switch in case I needed to engage a target behind the wheel. For a while I had mixed mags, so I wouldn't have to swap them, but after thinking about it for a while I segregated the rounds.

In church, I have a special bible case. That way I have no issues accessing it if I happen to be seated.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

guns4activists

Oct 2, 2018
CA
✟15,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m sure this has been discussed more than once, but rather than what do you carry, HOW do you carry? For me, pocket carry. Right front pocket and an extra 10 round extended mag in my left front pocket with an ammo armor cover.
And of course, I have to tell you what carry anyway lol. Glock 43 9mm. Federal Hydra Shock 135 grain ammo. Personal defense low recoil.

I am definitely an IWB fan over anything else. I think you gotta try a little bit of everything in order to find what fits for you. Personally, I was not a fan of shoulder holsters but some people love them. My favorite firearm to carry is my 9mm Glock.

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-concealed-carry-holsters/

Upvote 0

The Gryphon

Sep 26, 2018
Canyon Country
✟23,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
To each their own is my moto. While I am a die hard .45 ACP man because I have been shooting one since shortly after the Ice Age. It is second nature to me now however one shoot what one is most accurate with and has the most confidence in. A .22LR in the heart is better than a .44 Mag in the gut so I am not one of those that tries to force round pegs into square holes. My wife is only confident with her Walther .22LR. Would I like her using something larger? Sure I would but not if she could not hit what she is aiming at. But in todays political climate and limiting magazine capacity I for one feel better with my 10 rounds of 230 grain .45 ACP hollow-point bullets than if I was limited to the same number of 9MM ones. But that is because I know I can each one exactly where I want them. I have owned and carried a custom Colt 1911, Glock 21, and Springfield Service Model .45. All have their strong points.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Since I started carrying IWB I have been through the .380, 22mag, .25 Baby Browning, 9mm's and so on. I came across a great deal on a .45 XDS and it is the one carry now. I can take and not feel it, but leave it at home and miss it. It is less intrusive than a .22 and even more comfortable knowing I have the ability to one shot, one down and out.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To each their own is my moto. While I am a die hard .45 ACP man because I have been shooting one since shortly after the Ice Age. It is second nature to me now however one shoot what one is most accurate with and has the most confidence in. A .22LR in the heart is better than a .44 Mag in the gut so I am not one of those that tries to force round pegs into square holes. My wife is only confident with her Walther .22LR. Would I like her using something larger? Sure I would but not if she could not hit what she is aiming at. But in todays political climate and limiting magazine capacity I for one feel better with my 10 rounds of 230 grain .45 ACP hollow-point bullets than if I was limited to the same number of 9MM ones. But that is because I know I can each one exactly where I want them. I have owned and carried a custom Colt 1911, Glock 21, and Springfield Service Model .45. All have their strong points.

There is a distinct difference between the psychology of a man attacking another man compared to the psychology of a man attacking a woman (even when it's the same man) that can tend to make a .22 in the hands of a woman an effective self-defense while at the same time a poor duty weapon for a police officer.

The assailant attacking a woman is not expecting resistance of any effectiveness. A woman pulling a gun on him is very likely to cause him to seek easier prey.

The assailant attacking a man--particularly one he knows is armed, like a cop--is in warrior mode and intends to fight it out.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Seems to me a little large for pocket carry, I carry a 38 Snubnose (Ruger LCR)

Upvote 0

Trey Veston

Dec 3, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟16,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I have three weapons that I carry for CCW. XDS 40 in a Remora IWB holster, S&W M&P40c in a Don Hume IWB, and a Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS with Burris Fastfire 3 in either a kydex OWB or kydex IWB holster.

6, 10, or 15 rounds of ammo, depending on the firearm.

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I have been toying with the idea of getting one of these. .380 double that looks like thick iPhone and fits in your pocket, clip on belt, whatever. Now that is concealed. idealconceal.com

ideal_conceal_1.jpg

• Informative
Upvote 0

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just bought this for my concealed carry here in Texas. I don't want anyone to see it when I have it in my IWB holster.
P1000880-300x169.jpg

But seriously, I carry the Springfield XDS .45 for CC and this one is for Colorado hiking if I come across bears or mtn lions.

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have been toying with the idea of getting one of these. .380 double that looks like thick iPhone and fits in your pocket, clip on belt, whatever. Now that is concealed. idealconceal.com

View attachment 254605
If you had a 7 shot Bersa .380 would you carry it with just two .380 round (or 9mm Kurz) in it? I would think after a while too many people are going to ask why your are carrying two cell phones. Just carry a real gun and call the police after you fired all 7 shots at a very bad person.

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If you had a 7 shot Bersa .380 would you carry it with just two .380 round (or 9mm Kurz) in it? I would think after a while too many people are going to ask why your are carrying two cell phones. Just carry a real gun and call the police after you fired all 7 shots at a very bad person.

Well, considering that most of the time where I am, I don't even need to carry concealed. I live rural. A short double barreled 12 gauge and and lever 30-30 are usually in arms reach where I am in my vehicle. Not to many hold ups and such in my town of 450 people, and I live 6 miles out in the country from it.

Fortunately, I am not in locations and situations that have a high risk scenario. And for those extremely rare instances I might be in one of those locations, and as a Cavalry Scout who was expert qualified in a wide variety of weapons, it seems pretty lame to need more than a couple shots to stop the threat. Especially in light of the legal system and how they would love to prove excessive force was used.

There is a difference between those who have had a lot of green tracers whizz by their head and folks who read gun magazines.

• Agree
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, considering that most of the time where I am, I don't even need to carry concealed. I live rural. A short double barreled 12 gauge and and lever 30-30 are usually in arms reach where I am in my vehicle. Not to many hold ups and such in my town of 450 people, and I live 6 miles out in the country from it.

Fortunately, I am not in locations and situations that have a high risk scenario. And for those extremely rare instances I might be in one of those locations, and as a Cavalry Scout who was expert qualified in a wide variety of weapons, it seems pretty lame to need more than a couple shots to stop the threat. Especially in light of the legal system and how they would love to prove excessive force was used.

There is a difference between those who have had a lot of green tracers whizz by their head and folks who read gun magazines.
That is definitely true.

Upvote 0

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I have three carry pistols. I usually have at least two on me. What I carry depends on what I’m wearing. My Glock 27 goes in a tuckable IWB holster and my Ruger LC9s and S&W Bodyguard go in my front pocket. Which I carry depends on how deep the front pocket is.

I keep trying to get my wife to buy my pants one inch larger in the waist so that carrying the Glock is more comfortable. I don’t always succeed.

Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟34,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Aside: I've been thinking of replacing the P938 with a larger gun. More difficult to conceal, but higher capacity and more effective at longer ranges. As the condition of society deteriorates I've come to the conclusion that I should be looking at my EDC gun more as something that demands the versatility of a concealable combat sidearm than simply tool for defense against a lone criminal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As the condition of society deteriorates I've come to the conclusion that I should be looking at my EDC gun more as something that demands the versatility of a concealable combat sidearm than simply tool for defense against a lone criminal.

My wife and I are contemplating the same type of changes.

I think much of the decision depends on conditions where you live, and how "attractive" a target you are.

Upvote 0

SJP51

Jul 21, 2019
Nacogdoches
✟14,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Like many others, I have carried everything from a 1911 45 acp to a 380 ACP. I love the bigger guns, but hate carrying them.

I recently bought a Sig P938 that really works for me. Fits my hand, nice sights, ergos of 1911, 7+1, 9mm. With cargo pants the P938 works in the pocket, otherwise it rides my belt in a Fobus holster OWB (legal in a free state). I'm working on finding a nice IWB holster. I'm accurate on steel plates at 10 yards all day long and it has never failed to fire or eject. I like it! I like it alot!

For pants with less "pocket space", I carry the S&W Bodyguard 380. Lightweight and easier to conceal.

Hope to never use one for self defense, but I will if my safety depends on it.

• Informative
Upvote 0