Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I’m sure this has been discussed more than once, but rather than what do you carry, HOW do you carry? For me, pocket carry. Right front pocket and an extra 10 round extended mag in my left front pocket with an ammo armor cover.
And of course, I have to tell you what carry anyway lol. Glock 43 9mm. Federal Hydra Shock 135 grain ammo. Personal defense low recoil.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That was the only pistol I ever owned that I had no failures with.

I've got three of them. No failures.

The only fault I've discovered is that the OEM recoil springs are good for only about 1,500-2,000 rounds. I've replaced mine with stainless steel aftermarket springs and guide rods.

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In this day and age of info gathering, data bases and such, I was prompted to sell all my firearms. They are dangerous and someone could get hurt. We don't have as much as a sharp stick around here. I even gave away all of our steak knives to the GoodWill. :innocent:
My friend I know carries a Tanfoglio Witness 9mm with 16 round clip in his back wasteband. I believe 124 grain Hydra shok.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In this day and age of info gathering, data bases and such, I was prompted to sell all my firearms. They are dangerous and someone could get hurt. We don't have as much as a sharp stick around here. I even gave away all of our steak knives to the GoodWill. :innocent:
My friend I know carries a Tanfoglio Witness 9mm with 16 round clip in his back wasteband. I believe 124 grain Hydra shok.

I see what you did there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I’m sure this has been discussed more than once, but rather than what do you carry, HOW do you carry? For me, pocket carry. Right front pocket and an extra 10 round extended mag in my left front pocket with an ammo armor cover.
And of course, I have to tell you what carry anyway lol. Glock 43 9mm. Federal Hydra Shock 135 grain ammo. Personal defense low recoil.
XDS .45 IWB Holster at 4:00. If I am in dress clothes a Bersa CC .380 in an ankle band. It rides in the space between my shin and calf muscle and the band prevents any protrusions that would give it away. It is not a fast draw position, but I would rather have one I can get to slowly than have nothing to draw at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Ruger SP101 (loaded with .38+P) on belt, covered with shirt tail. I’m hurting right now when clothing doesn’t permit that... the Ruger is too bulky, for me anyway, for ankle carry. I miss my small lightweight .38 revolver I used as a trade-in; it was perfect for ankle (I’ll get another when I can afford it). I have some autos, but no small ones though. I could never get used to an auto for carry; people make me nervous carrying cocked, and when they start working the slide and stuff wanting to show you the gun.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ruger SP101 (loaded with .38+P) on belt, covered with shirt tail. I’m hurting right now when clothing doesn’t permit that... the Ruger is too bulky, for me anyway, for ankle carry. I miss my small lightweight .38 revolver I used as a trade-in; it was perfect for ankle (I’ll get another when I can afford it). I have some autos, but no small ones though. I could never get used to an auto for carry; people make me nervous carrying cocked, and when they start working the slide and stuff wanting to show you the gun.
We were looking at the SP101 for my wife when she couldn't rack the slide on her SA. She finally went and shot the Ruger LCR and fell if luv with it. I would not hesitate to carry it in the ankle band because it is light and doesn't rust if I sweat. (Polymer build)

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We were looking at the SP101 for my wife when she couldn't rack the slide on her SA. She finally went and shot the Ruger LCR and fell if luv with it. I would not hesitate to carry it in the ankle band because it is light and doesn't rust if I sweat. (Polymer build)
Thanks... I just looked at the sales video. A fine looking revolver.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks... I just looked at the sales video. A fine looking revolver.
It is great for a light carry. When I put it in my IWB where I usually wear my XDS .45 I can just barely tell it is there. But I know that those Hornady Critical Defense .38's x 5 are there if I need them.

upload_2018-7-7_13-1-0.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It is great for a light carry. When I put it in my IWB where I usually wear my XDS .45 I can just barely tell it is there. But I know that those Hornady Critical Defense .38's x 5 are there if I need them.

View attachment 232995
I have a box of the Hornady Critical Defense 357's, but don't carry them... probably should. Powerful ammo.

• Agree
Reactions: marineimaging
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Either a Glock 19 or a Glock 43, depending on what I am wearing. I prefer OWB for comfort.
Two extra mags for the 43, one for the 19.
Occasionally I go rogue and carry a Shield in 9mm.

I “see” a lot of S&W Shields being carried. I shot my cousin’s Shield in June of this year. While I found it very easy to conceal, it was uncomfortable in my big gorilla hands.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0