United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Any favorites?

It is a lot easier in colder temps as you're already wearing sweaters/long pants/jackets.

It gets considerably more difficult in shorts and t-shirts weather.

Especially for larger gauge guns and long barrels. :swoon:

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,054.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Tell them you're going to a steampunk cosplay, problem solved!

81ao9oFaR-L._UY445_.jpg

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Any favorites?

It is a lot easier in colder temps as you're already wearing sweaters/long pants/jackets.

It gets considerably more difficult in shorts and t-shirts weather.

If I wear long pants and feel the need to carry I will use my ankle holster most of the time. I also have a pocket holster which I generally dislike. However, If I know I will be transiting near the ghetto, bario, or one of the dozens of rundown trailer parks in the Tampa Bay Area, I will usually carry and an ankle holster is decent while sitting. My biggest fear though is home invasion, not a mugging, or, car jacking. To be honest, I have never found a truly ideal method for concealed carry, they are all a pain in the butt.

My CCW is a 38 Snubby

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If I wear long pants and feel the need to carry I will use my ankle holster most of the time. I also have a pocket holster which I generally dislike.

To be honest, I have never found a truly ideal method for concealed carry, they are all a pain in the butt.

My CCW is a 38 Snubby

While no carry method (and no gun) is ideal for all circumstances, I personally like pocket carry with a "fuzzy" holster which remains in place when the gun is removed. If your pockets are large enough, it's easy to draw the gun fast from a "non-aggressive" position.

The NRA Store and others sell many varieties of vests and slacks designed for concealed carry. My wife got me a pair of the slacks; they are roomy, comfortable, and look very stylish.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
While no carry method (and no gun) is ideal for all circumstances, I personally like pocket carry with a "fuzzy" holster which remains in place when the gun is removed. If your pockets are large enough, it's easy to draw the gun fast from a "non-aggressive" position.

The NRA Store and others sell many varieties of vests and slacks designed for concealed carry. My wife got me a pair of the slacks; they are roomy, comfortable, and look very stylish.
If your dw carries, I guess she has that challenge also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If your dw carries, I guess she has that challenge also.

Yes, she does.

Unfortunately, most women's clothes are worse than men's for concealed carry.

Her solution has been to carry within a special purse having a hidden gun pocket.
Off-body carry has many disadvantages, but that's the best we have come up with.

• Informative
Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, she does.

Unfortunately, most women's clothes are worse than men's for concealed carry.

Her solution has been to carry within a special purse having a hidden gun pocket.
Off-body carry has many disadvantages, but that's the best we have come up with.
Although historically women's guns have been popularly regarded as typically tiny for a purse, this doesn't necessarily reflect the reality of the type that is actually preferred.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Although historically women's guns have been popularly regarded as typically tiny for a purse, this doesn't necessarily reflect the reality of the type that is actually preferred.

That's true. The gun I got her is a small 38, but lately she wants to replace it with a full-sized 45 that her dad gave her. It weighs about a pound more. We'll see.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's true. The gun I got her is a small 38, but lately she wants to replace it with a full-sized 45 that her dad gave her. It weighs about a pound more. We'll see.
It's partly also about whether with her hands she would be comfortable using it, as well as the carry aspect.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0