• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Completely lost on where to go in my life

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
All my way through school I never really knew what I wanted to do as I’m not really excited about anything. So I picked my college major, mathematics, based entirely on the fact it was my best subject. I’m now in my third year at university and I still do not know what I want to do. Next year I’m heading into my final year and so I definitely need to figure out something quickly as I need some work experience this summer for sure.
I’m doing well in my degree but without desire my degree is useless. Would anyone with any experience in this sector have any ideas about interesting career paths with these skills. I need a spark to happen as I don’t want to waste my life away doing something I don’t like.

I have put out a physics problem that may inspire you?

If average ocean levels rose by eight to ten cms (3 or 4 inches) could high tide...

... rise by one meter in the Isthmus of Chignecto in Nova Scotia, Canada?

This question is logical because the geography of Canada's Bay of Fundy produces the world's highest tides. In my part of Nova Scotia in Guysborough County there is very little funnelling of tidal waters......... so high tide is only about one to one point five meters above low tide.

In the eastern area of the Bay of Fundy high tide levels are up by ten to fifteen meters.

Bay of Fundy Tides: The Highest Tides in the World!

Upvote 0

Bonface Khatete

Nov 3, 2019
Nairobi
✟17,017.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Pray for direction and find scriptures that draw you closer to God's guidance. I feel you should just find and read this book, much of the guidance, explanations and scriptures which I would write for you here are written there in. Please, Please read , for your own good.

• Agree
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

catch_the_music

May 3, 2018
Denver
✟3,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You could use your math skills as a ministry - reaching out to kids/adults who need help with math. Alongside teaching them math - you could introduce them to the Gospel and teach them important life lessons. Perhaps you could talk to a career counselor at a Christian seminary. They could show you how people use those skills to make a difference in our world.
Prayers that you can utilize your unique talents in a way that you are passionate about.

• Friendly
Reactions: pantingdeer
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All my way through school I never really knew what I wanted to do as I’m not really excited about anything. So I picked my college major, mathematics, based entirely on the fact it was my best subject. I’m now in my third year at university and I still do not know what I want to do. Next year I’m heading into my final year and so I definitely need to figure out something quickly as I need some work experience this summer for sure.
I’m doing well in my degree but without desire my degree is useless. Would anyone with any experience in this sector have any ideas about interesting career paths with these skills. I need a spark to happen as I don’t want to waste my life away doing something I don’t like.

Maybe teach math in junior high or high school?
My wife's father did this (high school math teacher)
and retired with a good retirement and health insurance.
My wife (third grade teacher) is also close to retirement.

It's not an easy job
but, not too bad and steady work.

M-Bob

• Informative
Reactions: pantingdeer
Upvote 0