Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An earlier post seems to have lost an image explaining New Testament understanding of the true Israel of God, so I'll try again. As you can see, there is only one 'People of God.' No one gets replaced as the old 'replacement theology' bogey tries to make out. However, believing Gentiles are grafted in after the Cross. The true Israel of God gets bigger, and bigger, and bigger.

israelofgod.svg

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
An earlier post seems to have lost an image explaining New Testament understanding of the true Israel of God, so I'll try again. As you can see, there is only one 'People of God.' No one gets replaced as the old 'replacement theology' bogey tries to make out. However, believing Gentiles are grafted in after the Cross. The true Israel of God gets bigger, and bigger, and bigger.

View attachment 249284
But this is 100% pure interpretation. For no scripture teaches that the term "the Israel of God" refers to the church.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Here is a brief comparison showing the main differences between covenant theology and dispensational theology, nice and impartial.

Dispensationalism
  1. God has two distinct people – Israel and the Church.
  2. The Church age was a parenthesis in God’s dealing with Israel.
  3. God’s promises to Israel were postponed till after the rapture.
  4. After a Jewish tribulation revival, their ‘dispensation’ will resume.
  5. Worship in the millennium includes re-instituted temple sacrifice.
  6. The promised temple is an example of what must yet be fulfilled.
  7. Modern Israel proves not all promises are fulfilled in the Church.

Covenant Theology

1. God has always only had but one spiritual people.
  2. The Church (incl. Jew & Gentile) actually is true Israel.
  3. God’s promises to Israel are fulfilled in Christ’s Church.
  4. There will be a revival of Jews but it will be into the Church.
  5. Redemption is in the cross and sacrifice is finished forever.
  6. Even if a temple gets rebuilt it is unnecessary and irrelevant.
  7. The modern restoration of the nation of Israel is coincidental.
Note on #1: When dispensationalists say God has two people, they are referring to Israel (an ethnic group) and the Church. (a spiritual group) When covenant theology says God has one people they are referring to ‘Spiritual Israel’ (a single entity consisting of saints from every tribe)

Note on #3: Covenant theology applies the geographical land promises to the Church figuratively.

Note on #5: Dispensationalists either infer or state that the entire levitical system will be repeated in the Millennium. Moderates think that it will simply serve as a ‘reminder’ of Christ’s death. Extreme dispensationalists infer that it will be the basis of millennium atonement. In either case all disps. accord an elite position to ethnic Israel in the millennium.

Note that there are actually different flavors of Covenant Theology. Some hold, for an example, that God distinguishes between Israel and the Church, viewing a discontinuity of the Old and New Covenant.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Note on #5: Dispensationalists either infer or state that the entire levitical system will be repeated in the Millennium. Moderates think that it will simply serve as a ‘reminder’ of Christ’s death. Extreme dispensationalists infer that it will be the basis of millennium atonement. In either case all disps. accord an elite position to ethnic Israel in the millennium.

Have you read the last nine chapters of Ezekiel?

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Have you read the last nine chapters of Ezekiel?

God Bless

Till all are one.
Actually, a careful comparison of the last third of Ezekiel with Leviticus through Deuteronomy shows that the law of Ezekiel is distinctly different from the law of Moses. Both the laws and the sacrifices are distinctly different.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Was the person that answered this question truthful to you. Look it up on the internet then ask yourself why.

Its been too long ago. I'm no longer writing on this thread, but thanks.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Was the person that answered this question truthful to you. Look it up on the internet then ask yourself why.
His answer was completely false. The question was which one was referred to as replacement theology. He falsely said Dispensationalism.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
His answer was completely false. The question was which one was referred to as replacement theology. He falsely said Dispensationalism.
Exactly, there is never any interest in the truth. Anything that can lead you fom the truth is what is presented. No matter how much Biblical truth or historical fact is presented and confirmed...........this Theology always misrepresents the truth.

If their views were correct.........couldn't they stand on the truth?

If I believe something and you can prove I'm wrong......I desperately want to change my beliefs. That's because I seek the truth. When someone must hide the truth to make their argument convincing.............RUN.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Is not dispensationalism proud of its efforts to replace one people of God with two?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Is not dispensationalism proud of its efforts to replace one people of God with two?
No. We simply point out what is clearly presented in the scriptures.

• Agree
Reactions: Choose Wisely
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No. We simply point out what is clearly presented in the scriptures.

John 10
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
John 10
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
Yes, and for now, that is the case. But the scriptures explicitly say that in a future day God will bring all of Israel back their ancient homeland, and bless them there, and explicitly say He will take the church away to be with himself.

These are two completely different blessings in two completely different places. The only way you can escape this absolutely necessary conclusion is to pretend that the scriptures about Israel simply do not mean what they explicitly say. And there is no way you can escape from this hard fact.

• Agree
Reactions: Choose Wisely
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and for now, that is the case. But the scriptures explicitly say that in a future day God will bring all of Israel back their ancient homeland, and bless them there, and explicitly say He will take the church away to be with himself.

These are two completely different blessings in two completely different places. The only way you can escape this absolutely necessary conclusion is to pretend that the scriptures about Israel simply do not mean what they explicitly say. And there is no way you can escape from this hard fact.

The word "but" does not appear in John 10:16.

Galatians 3
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The word "but" does not appear in John 10:16.

Galatians 3
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

John 10:16 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice: and they shall become one flock, one shepherd.

LOL. Oh...........both Jew and Gentile...........sweet. Kinda shoots your garr-baaagggeee in the foot doesn't it.

Upvote 0